Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Is It Hard For Managers To Praise Employees For a Job Well Done?

Individuals have their way of life, some are friendly and appreciative while some exhibit a nonchalant attitudes. It is hard for some business manager to praise their employees because of their ego or their nonchalant attitudes towards people.

Advertisement Placeholder
I used to work for a company and the senior supervisor would hardly praise any employee. He never used to praise employees and this is because he used to believe that the performance of employees drop when someone praises them and this might be true to some extent. Many managers do not praise employees because they only like to criticize their employees.

Seriously I as a manager, am not good at praising my workers for a job well done I can only appreciate them of their efforts and not more than that at work place because their are alot of workers who will turn to be a block to their fellow as a result of praise from manager.

Concerning your question on why bosses find it hard to praise their employees for a job well done, well i am of the opinithat this isn't every boss as people have different personalities and this depends on the type of boss which yours is

I think managers find it difficult to praise or commend their staff because they feel the company pays for their services, and again they feel that if the staff is commended then they begin to fell entitled and put in less effort in the job.

I think a good manager should learn how to give good review and appraisal rewards to staff who have shown or have a good record in what they are assign to do

The reason why its hard for a manager to praise his employee for a job will done is because they don't waht the praise to go into his head and makes him feel like the company won't function without him.

Individuals have their way of life, some are friendly and appreciative while some exhibit a nonchalant attitudes. It is hard for some business manager to praise their employees because of their ego or their nonchalant attitudes towards people.
Among the publications, it is one of the opinions with which I identify myself, since working off-line I have lived such experiences. Some bosses have a high ego and do not act correctly with employees, which should not happen.

Africa's mentality is really setting back a lot of people and things in the sense of respect, culture and religion. Normally, every human loves to be praised for a job well done so why shouldn't a manager?

Managers are mostly very strict people, sometimes mean. They believe that being strict on people is the only way to make them do the work they came to do. So they avoid praising them at all costs. Also,
they believe that praising employees with make some of them slack, which happens sometimes. But I think praising employees is good sometimes for their motivation.

To be fair, you don't expect a thank you all the time from your boss each time you get your task done that was assigned to you. I only think it is worth saying thanks to someone for doing the extraordinary kind of tasks most times

Some managers behave that way out of carelessness on their part on the benefits of cutesy. Some don't out of mere wickedness which is very deliberate. Some might be out of the feeling that it makes them feel inadequate if they give compliments

I think it might come down to ego and bad man-management. But I don't think there are a lot of managers out there who would find it hard to say kudos to their workers for a job well done.
True that because it costs nothing to do and also the effect could be positive too because the employee might feel appreciated and that could have an effect on the output of the business

True that because it costs nothing to do and also the effect could be positive too because the employee might feel appreciated and that could have an effect on the output of the business
Well said, brother. It is important these days to effectively manage and also learn one or two things about leadership and man-management.

Sincerely speaking to some extent the praise given to workers or employees needed to be withdrawn. I personally am not in the habit of praising my workers reason is because some times when the are praise for a job well done it tend to make them proud of themselves thinking with out them in the organisation the it may not function effectively.

Like you said, we have a different way of life that influences our behaviour , if a boss praise an employee for a job well done , the praise might entered the employee headand he might start feeling pompous,

Most managers feel too proud to praise their worker simply because they hire and pay them. Praising workers for a job well done is one of the great motivating factor that can help workers to improve on their performance.

Managers are mostly very strict people, sometimes mean. They believe that being strict on people is the only way to make them do the work they came to do. So they avoid praising them at all costs. Also,
they believe that praising employees with make some of them slack, which happens sometimes. But I think praising employees is good sometimes for their motivation.
I want to believe that what you said about managers is in your area as I have not been treated harshly by any manger that I have worked with instead, I have learn a lot from them.

When you are constantly praising your employee most times they might see it as a normal thing ,and even if they do the job in any way they believe you will still praise them ,that is why some managers refuses to do so

Well said, brother. It is important these days to effectively manage and also learn one or two things about leadership and man-management.
Most definitely, it is important to effectively manage and part of that is to treat employees good and when they impress it is equally important to praise them

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds