Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Is It Hard For Managers To Praise Employees For a Job Well Done?

Yeah many managers don't want to praise the employees maybe because they are afraid of their grow and overtaking their place, but it is not fair for a manager to be jealous of employees.
I agree with you, the growth of employees should be a thing of joy to the manager .
This competitive mindset is absolutely not a quality of a good leader.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think not all managers does this,that is why there is a difference between a manager and a leader,you should be able to empertise with your workers,you should go beyound the job to know them on a personal basis.

I think not all managers does this,that is why there is a difference between a manager and a leader,you should be able to empertise with your workers,you should go beyound the job to know them on a personal basis.
Some managers normally praise their workers for a job well done , but sometimes because of jealousy among other workers , they tend not to praise the workers for a job well done .

I don't really know but that's not appropriate. You don't need to be so mean as a manager that you can't even acknowledge someone for doing something right or saving the company from an impending danger.

Your employer is partially correct, I suppose.
You are being paid to perform because you deliver.
In business, morality is optional.
Perhaps your supervisor doesn't want you guys to become comfortable is another factor.
Complacency will lessen your desire to accomplish more.

I have worked with many managers, some of them will thank you for any job you pulled through, some won't, while some don't actually know how to express their gratitude. So it's not a general thing, it's actually individual differences.

It might be difficult for managers to recognize an employee for a job well done since they may believe that punishing an employee will increase their self-esteem and result in lower performance. When you praise an employee, you can sometimes overcome their reluctance and help them feel proud of themselves because without them, the business won't advance.

It might be difficult for managers to recognize an employee for a job well done since they may believe that punishing an employee will increase their self-esteem and result in lower performance. When you praise an employee, you can sometimes overcome their reluctance and help them feel proud of themselves because without them, the business won't advance.
Its not that the manager is not seeing the effort of their workers , they are all seeing it but some of them are arrogant and dont want to just compliment the effort the hardwork of the workers l

it is hard for a few who are not appreciative but not hard for most of them because they don't want to raise their ego unnecessarily thereby causing pride, nonchalant attitude and laziness

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?

I believe that in some cases, superiors and bosses are reluctant to praise workers because it can cause them to be complacent or put in less effort, which is not ideal whatsoever for the growth of the company

I think it depends on the manager. Not all manager find it difficult to praise an employee after a job well done. Some managers are just very rude and ungrateful, that's all i can say.

There are a few reasons why managers may find it difficult to praise employees for a job well done. One reason is that managers may be busy and focused on other tasks, and may not take the time to actively seek out and recognize good work. Additionally, managers may not be aware of all of the good work that their employees are doing, as they may not be directly involved in every aspect of the team's work.
Another reason is that some managers may have difficulty providing specific and meaningful feedback, or may not know how to give praise in a way that is genuine and authentic. They may also feel uncomfortable or self-conscious about singling out one employee for praise, especially if they are in a team setting.
Finally, some managers may have difficulty praising employees because they have a hard time seeing the value of the work that their employees are doing, or they may have high standards that are difficult to meet. In any case, this can make it difficult for managers to recognize and appreciate good work.
It's worth noting that it's not that managers don't want to praise, it might be more about the manager themselves and not about the employee performance.

I just believe that this is just going to be with some managers because the ones that I have been with her actually good and they praise you whenever you do something exceptional and help the company.

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?

I believe that one the reason why they don't usually praise their workers for a job well done, is for them not to give them the impression that they should be paid more than they already been paid by the company.

For a number of reasons, it can be challenging for managers to recognize staff for a job well done. Secondly, it's possible that managers are unaware of the positive effects that recognition can have on staff morale and productivity. Also, managers can be too busy to take the time to offer praise, or they might feel awkward doing so.

The feel that if they praise you, you might start feeling indispensable and from there, you might start nursing an ambition to leave. They don't want to give you an ego boost so that you would stay with them and work for them for as long as possible.

The feel that if they praise you, you might start feeling indispensable and from there, you might start nursing an ambition to leave. They don't want to give you an ego boost so that you would stay with them and work for them for as long as possible.

There are many managers who think that praising will somehow make their employees less productive and this is due o the fact that they may believe that since they are being praised, they are already putting a lots of efforts.

In the other way round, it can make an employee to be more productive. That's because he feels that his efforts are seen and appreciated. If I know I am stretching to work for you and you don't appreciate me, I am discouraged and won't put much effort any longer.
There are many managers who think that praising will somehow make their employees less productive and this is due o the fact that they may believe that since they are being praised, they are already putting a lots of efforts.

In the other way round, it can make an employee to be more productive. That's because he feels that his efforts are seen and appreciated. If I know I am stretching to work for you and you don't appreciate me, I am discouraged and won't put much effort any longer.

I think that this is why I believe that praising employees could sometimes actually have a positive effect on the performance of employee. But still many employers never appreciate employees at all.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds