Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Is It Hard For Managers To Praise Employees For a Job Well Done?

As part of the job description of the manager to boost morale of the employee to increase production. He need to praise the employee. Some company give montly award. Like Best Employee that is the one thing to praise the employee. On that simple things they are uplifted.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are several reasons why a manager could be like that you know. It could be that the manager is proud, or maybe he/she just don't want to admit that such employee is doing well due to psychology reasons. I.e he probably thinks the efficiency of the worker will drop if he admits that to the employee.

Pardon me for saying that you have a mistaken understanding of the manager's attitude towards praising an employee. In our management course in the office one of the important elements in management is the handling of the staff that includes reprimand and praise. When an employee commits a mistake a reprimand is in order and when he does a good job then a praise is in order. That is one important part of managing people not only in business but in any field of life.

I don't think this is peculiar to all employers you know depends on the employer you work for and his own behaviour so if you have a good employer and I going to get praise for what you've done but if you have an employer that doesn't do those kind of things you won't get any

The reason why manager don't praise their employees when they get work done is that, they feel that by praising them the employee will be special in which will inturn disrespect the manager. So that is it and is like pampering.

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?
It is usually managers who do not have good relations with people that behave this way. A good manager knows that praising his employees would boost their Morale to work harder.

One of the major reasons why it is always hard for employers to praise their employees for a job well done is that they feel since they are paying them for the job they are doing they still don't need to praise them for the work they get paid for.

As for me majority of managers doesn't praise employees for a job well done because they think they don't need it but some managers always want to have all the praise and have the heart of there MD so that they will think they are the one who makes the job done because of selfishness also it depends on the each of the workers characters before they can also praise him or her

Some managers feel is the best way of making the employee improve more and more,but in my own opinion employees should be recognised for a business well done,i feel is the best way for the employee to be motivated.

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?
Most employers know that their employees are doing good but they fail to praise them so that the employees would not realize their potentials and want to leave for another place of work. they want you to continue service under them

In my own perspective, some of the mangers believe that you are doing the job your are paying. In other hand, many of them believe that you have to put more.extral.effort to it so that you can secure you job.

It is usually managers who do not have good relations with people that behave this way. A good manager knows that praising his employees would boost their Morale to work harder.
@Bookwormlux I agree with you on this. And the problem is here is they see no need in praising employees that pull a great job. Sincerely, there is no big deal about a word of praise from the manager but it makes employees feel appreciated and eager to do more.

Being praised makes the recipient feel good about themselves and this can help to boost their performance. Praise provides the kind of positive experience or 'uplift' that can increase employees morale, motivation and engagement, and renew their commitment to their manager and the organisation.

Some manager are nothing but a devil incarnate will stop at nothing to bring you down emotionally when you do something outstanding. They see it as threat to their job. Rather than appreciating your good works they end up demoralizing you.

As for me majority of managers doesn't praise employees for a job well done because they think they don't need it but some managers always want to have all the praise and have the heart of there MD so that they will think they are the one who makes the job done because of selfishness also it depends on the each of the workers characters before they can also praise him or her

I can't really say this is the reason for the manager don't like praise there employee if my business no matter what you do he won't praise you but what they don't know is that they know but they won't do it is that Offering praise to your employees is all about recognition. Most workers thrive on feeling appreciated. As an employee, knowing that what you are doing means something to your boss and to the entire business gives you a feeling of worth and it can motivate you to continue to get better at what you do

Most managers enjoy the jobs there employees do, but they dont praise them because they dont want them to feel relaxed or fulfilled, most managers plays with there employees psychic, they feel it make them work harder, if someone feels unfulfilled he tend to do everything in his power to be.

@Bookwormlux I agree with you on this. And the problem is here is they see no need in praising employees that pull a great job. Sincerely, there is no big deal about a word of praise from the manager but it makes employees feel appreciated and eager to do more.
Sure, even if you consider students. They feel very happy whenever their teachers applaud them for something good they have done and this motivates them to continue doing good since they want to get rewards.

Managers who do not praise their employees do not intend to see their company grow. It is very important that employees are commended for a job well done. This will help them to give a better performance next time. Managers who are not cheerful givers re the ones that do not like to appreciate their employees which is very bad and can make the employee relax on his good works

it depends on the manager you are talking about because as far as I know there are some managers that are good and are friendly with people he or she is employed but there are some that are always very wicked and serious that they will not even have time to give an appreciation for a job well done.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds