Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Is It Hard For Managers To Praise Employees For a Job Well Done?

To a fairly large extent, your boss is kinda right. It seems harsh but emotions and morals or manners have no business in business. Your boss might as well be careful to avoid the praises to enter your head. He might praise you when you want to leave ceremoniously.

Advertisement Placeholder
according to my own point of view, I will say the reason why manager cannot praise and employee for a job well done it's because the worker will feel over confident and too pompous, at this point in time he will feel like he's the best in the company and they will want to go against the rules and regulation of the organisation

Many bosses fill that you are being paid to what you are paid for. Hence the need for no appraisal. Moreover some may feel that workers may become complacent and will need a stimulus before going to work. That aside it ain't bad to praise I one merits it.

It is not a news that people are not easily pleased and that they are not always ready to make people feel good no matter what they do even If it’s to give them a positive feedback on a job they are good at no matter what it is they feel proud of who they are and what they do

Supervisors, managers and employees report that they skip appreciation efforts because they are too ... don't recognize their colleagues for work well done because "I never got any praise through my career ...

Some find it difficult because of pride, thinking they knows it all that their employee doesn't have a clue of what to say concerning the business they are into

Some employers feel once they tell their employees,the employees will feel too comfortable in office and might probably neglect their duties. Another reason is most employers don't know how to say thank you because of how they were brought up or they are just been rude.

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?
The managers job is very difficult and it is hard for him to price every employee the only one thing is incentive if he is giving incentive in different situations maybe the employee think good for him and trust on him.

Some greedy manager or owner do not praise because they never appreciate someone's performance. So i think they do not want to do because by giving bonus or reward there might be expenses or anything like this. But they should appreciate their employees and encourage them

I find it difficult to believe how incredulously hard it is for employers to sing praises of their employee. Well, my experience is that the boss most times make the goals unachievable thus no one by his standards is worthy of any form of praise as no one has done anything of worthy note or mention.

Some business climes are really do strict and some mangers well believe that if you do a job within your job description and get a result you are eventually paid for it so its unnecessary to add extra praise. But I'm the contrary, employees love to be praised especially in public as it boosts their confidence. You can add performance based bonuses too.

Some managers don't like praising there workers for doing a good job because they think that the workers are doing the job they are payed to do, that's true but you should at least praise a worker for doing a good job. I know he/she will receive payment for the job but you should at least see well done

Managers who do not praise their employees do not intend to see their company grow. It is very important that employees are commended for a job well done. This will help them to give a better performance next time. Managers who are not cheerful givers re the ones that do not like to appreciate their employees which is very bad and can make the employee relax on his good works
@Ifective the reason some good employees leave a company for another that would cherish their good works and contribution to the success of the company. When an employee is commended for job well done such employee will always want to give his best to the company.

Yes we understand that the employee is doing their job but I just feel a manager not praising their employee is just being arrogant, because you praising this employee and appreciating them for what they've done will boost their morale, it would give them the motivation to always want to work well to impress you as the manager.

I don't see reason why a manager should not praise an employee for doing good job, it is a kind of motivation to the employee and other staff who works together as colleagues

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?
It's a good idea to praise and encourage a manager for doing well in the company in order to appreciate him and give him courage and strength to even work better , but I you praise some managers, it gets into their head and they will have the feeling that they owns the company.

Praising employee when a job is well done is a great managerial skill, hence any person that doesn't have it worth not to be a manger. Saying well done to an employee is like giving the individual a energy giving drinks, it gives more strength to do more. It is catalyst to do better next time.

I think it depends upon manger behavior that he has naturally, it is not difficult to praise employees well done, I think some manager have strict with customers and employees that are work under them. Some boss are good and appreciate employees well done. It is ego of owner or proud of leadership I think .

there is one term in my language that's used to describe ruining the professional relationships between two persons, i don't know what it is in English, but it is when two people approach each others more than they should do, same applies for bosses and workers

All the managers see the hard work of all there employees and they discuss it with other people that are close to them or the owner of the company or business, but they find it hard to show it to the employee incase the employee will start misbehaving.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds