Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Is It Hard For Managers To Praise Employees For a Job Well Done?

I can understand the reason , managers will not have to follow you up every day to appreciate you for all the things you have done , but most times managers will always be in the office except it is necessary for them to supervise what is going on, but generally it is still a nice idea for managers to appreciate a nice job well done.

Advertisement Placeholder
Most of the times , praising the employees everytime for a job well done mostly gets into their head and they behave like are the best and gets arrogant and most of the time , it affects the working environments.

There are some managers that allow their ego to prevent them from giving kudos to the employee. There are some of them who does praise employee much so as not to appear during favoritism in the workplace.

Last edited:
Most managers do ,they even go far to create a get together gathering and award ceremony for productive employees, sometimes they do praise their workers secretly.
An entrepreneur has no retirement age cause has long as he's still agile he can go about his normal business, most companies employ seasoned entrepreneurs as consultant due to their wealth of knowledge.

Last edited:
There are some managers that allow their egi to prevent them from giving kudos to the employee. There are some of them who does praise employee much so as not to appear during favoritism in the workplace.
Its called an egocentric behaviour in psychology ,its a believe that someone would assume that others share the same perspective as they do, unable to imagine that other people would have a perception of their own, they believe they can do more than you.

Its called an egocentric behaviour in psychology ,its a believe that someone would assume that others share the same perspective as they do, unable to imagine that other people would have a perception of their own, they believe they can do more than you.
Such a manager who always feel threatened whenever a genius work under them. it can be very intimidating when the workers keep performing beyond their expectation and he needs to prquse him continuously.

Such a manager who always feel threatened whenever a genius work under them. it can be very intimidating when the workers keep performing beyond their expectation and he needs to prquse him continuously.
I know most of the employers are usually impressed by the performance of their staff but they don't like expressing them openly. I wouldn't know the possible reasons for this attitude but it is very common in workplaces.

While is it hard for managers to say to their employees job well-done. Mostly managers will not want to say to their employees well-done because they believe they're working for their money.

The manager find it hard to praise employees for well done jobs. He believes they are collecting their salary,and they will like to move closer to the manager by praise them for well done jobs.

Most managers do ,they even go far to create a get together gathering and award ceremony for productive employees, sometimes they do praise their workers secretly.

In my opinion it is just not good that the manager looks very gentle with workers may be they will ask for more compliments from him , if I am the manager I will try to be practical only .

I think it's based on individuality; there are managers who constantly praise and encourage their subordinates. I worked with a leader like that who could even go to the extent of rewarding you for a job well done.

I think it is the manager with low self-esteem who found it difficult to praise any of their workers who is doing best for the company. It does not reduce his authority if manager praise any of the workers who is working out for the progress of the company.

I think it is the manager with low self-esteem who found it difficult to praise any of their workers who is doing best for the company. It does not reduce his authority if manager praise any of the workers who is working out for the progress of the company.
Just like I said earlier, I think they wouldn't want such employee to become complacent in the discharge of it's duties. After all, they are being paid for their services, so why praise them?

Just like I said earlier, I think they wouldn't want such employee to become complacent in the discharge of it's duties. After all, they are being paid for their services, so why praise them?
There are some workers who will go extra mile and work more than what it is required of them. This type of workers are ready to do any cover-up for those who are absent in the workplace. If you are a manager of a company and you have people like this under you won't you sing of your praise?

There are some workers who will go extra mile and work more than what it is required of them. This type of workers are ready to do any cover-up for those who are absent in the workplace. If you are a manager of a company and you have people like this under you won't you sing of your praise?
Sure I will. Praising them will encourage them to continue working hard and they will know that their efforts are always appreciated. But such praises have to be moderately done.

Sure I will. Praising them will encourage them to continue working hard and they will know that their efforts are always appreciated. But such praises have to be moderately done.
Moderation is the key when it comes to everything we do. Over praising the workers will boost their ego and they will always feel on top of the world. overtime they are going to see themselves bigger than everyone in the company including the manager.

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?
I think in most cases their egos stand in the way.
They feel you as the employee does not deserve praise for a job you were paid to do, but they fail to realise that praise is a motivation.
They only feel regret when the employer drops letter of resignation.

Moderation is the key when it comes to everything we do. Over praising the workers will boost their ego and they will always feel on top of the world. overtime they are going to see themselves bigger than everyone in the company including the manager.
Come to think of it, most employers do not hold back when criticising employees for their mistakes. So, they should also try to give the same energy when praising them at least.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds