Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Is It Hard For Managers To Praise Employees For a Job Well Done?

Come to think of it, most employers do not hold back when criticising employees for their mistakes. So, they should also try to give the same energy when praising them at least.
This is a common behaviour among the people in general. If you manage to do 19 things right out of 20. It is only the one you do bad people will always remember. They forgot that not everyone is perfect. most times I don't care if I don't get paid for whatever I did because I did it for myself.

Advertisement Placeholder
This is a common behaviour among the people in general. If you manage to do 19 things right out of 20. It is only the one you do bad people will always remember. They forgot that not everyone is perfect. most times I don't care if I don't get paid for whatever I did because I did it for myself.
You have made a very good point. They will always remember the one mistake you might have made despite all the successes you've managed to achieve for the business.

Most of the time when a manager praise an employee for a job well done, mthe praising gets into their head and they start misbehaving and sometime the ego of the manager won't allow him to praise an employee.

Good managerial skills is uncommon. Incentive and praises are things that will entice you to do more in your field. If you were given incentives or your were accorded praises for a job well done, it will push you to so more.
That is definitelly one thing that most managers don't really know,in most cases they always think that by giving you your salary or what is due you they have done their bit,not knowing that incentive will go a long way to motivate staff

Some managers will believe that since you are being paid to perform these responsibilities that there is no need for them to be appreciating you for all the things you have done. Well this is wrong somehow , a little appreciation will not take away your position in the business you are running as a manager. It is also a source of encouragement to employees.

Some managers , most especially female managers and sometimes male managers feels they don't need to praise and appreciate workers for working hard since they are being paid for their services.

Some managers praise their employees whenever they do a very good work. there are also some managers that are very pompous that they will never accept that their workers are doing well.

Some managers praise their employees whenever they do a very good work. there are also some managers that are very pompous that they will never accept that their workers are doing well.
Some who are not doing may not just interested , there may be no particular reason for that.. a lot of business owners will always appreciate their employees but at the same time so many of them may not maybe because they don't have time or some other factors could affect them

Some who are not doing may not just interested , there may be no particular reason for that.. a lot of business owners will always appreciate their employees but at the same time so many of them may not maybe because they don't have time or some other factors could affect them
Maybe some of them will be feeling that whenever they appreciate the workers, pride will set in. I think it depends on people's mindset and how they relate with people generally.

Maybe some of them will be feeling that whenever they appreciate the workers, pride will set in. I think it depends on people's mindset and how they relate with people generally.
For me, if I have to be a manager of a business and I have the time , I will appreciate my employees for a job well done , but it seems as I will be a very busy person. Sometimes you just expect your employees to carry out the main responsibilities for which they were employed to do.

For me, if I have to be a manager of a business and I have the time , I will appreciate my employees for a job well done , but it seems as I will be a very busy person. Sometimes you just expect your employees to carry out the main responsibilities for which they were employed to do.
there are several ways in which you can appreciate the good works in which your workers are doing and some of it is giving the bonuses. When they work very hard for your business to get a lot of profit you can decide to give them certain bonus for that month.

there are several ways in which you can appreciate the good works in which your workers are doing and some of it is giving the bonuses. When they work very hard for your business to get a lot of profit you can decide to give them certain bonus for that month.
Probably this is what I will be doing. I think I can practically organise my time to suit when the bonus will be given but sometimes appreciating them for every good work they have done could somehow be stressful depending on the nature of the business organisation.

Probably this is what I will be doing. I think I can practically organise my time to suit when the bonus will be given but sometimes appreciating them for every good work they have done could somehow be stressful depending on the nature of the business organisation.
Ss a business owner it is probably your decision to decide when you want to give them bonuses. Giving them during festive seasons will also make more sense because some of them will be going on holidays and the money will go a long way.

I think any manager that was doing that is just trying to avoid connection with his employees which might cause disrespect or an act of complacency.

Ss a business owner it is probably your decision to decide when you want to give them bonuses. Giving them during festive seasons will also make more sense because some of them will be going on holidays and the money will go a long way.
Yes , that is the perfect time in which bonus can be given to employee . But that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be given on normal days but this may not likely be a gift but a temporary increase in salary or something.

Yes , that is the perfect time in which bonus can be given to employee . But that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be given on normal days but this may not likely be a gift but a temporary increase in salary or something.
I think during festive season is very perfect because that is when many of them will need extra money to buy food and a lot of other things. Giving them in other times is also good but festive season should be matter.

This is a very common problem. Many employers have a harder time praising their employees because they do not simply care. This is something that I have noticed. Sometimes praising employees could motivate them even more to perform well.

You are definitely right , some employee sees it as an opportunity to start disrespecting their manager when they are too close whereby some always have the respect no matter how close you are to your manager
I think any manager that was doing that is just trying to avoid connection with his employees which might cause disrespect or an act of complacency.

Managers finding it hard to praise workers can pose a serious problem to the company at large
It is always advisable to praise the employees so as to encourage them to do more.

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?
Yeah many managers don't want to praise the employees maybe because they are afraid of their grow and overtaking their place, but it is not fair for a manager to be jealous of employees.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds