Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Is It Hard For Managers To Praise Employees For a Job Well Done?

This is actually a very bad character for any business manager to have. It is always important that you should learn to appreciate your subordinates for a job ever.

Advertisement Placeholder
This is actually a very bad character for any business manager to have. It is always important that you should learn to appreciate your subordinates for a job ever.
Well if your manager are not supporting you in the way you think they should do ,you do not have any other option than to you to concentrate and perform your own responsibility as a business employee.

Well if your manager are not supporting you in the way you think they should do ,you do not have any other option than to you to concentrate and perform your own responsibility as a business employee.
Some employees think that way - when they are not promoted they feel like they are neglected. But in reality their performance is not up to par and not good enough for a promotion. Employees should also be fair to their employer particularly to the superior that you work for.

I think it is wrong to generalize that managers do not praise employees. Actually, most of the successful managers are the individuals who actually take time to praise the workers. By praising workers, they build sales.

Well to some extent your boss is right. The reason why you being paid is to deliver. Morality isn’t compulsory in business. Another reason is maybe your boss doesn’t want you guys to get complacent. Complacency will reduce your eagerness to do more
That's a fair point I have just come across in your input here. There is every possibility that we might not have seen or understood the stand point of his boss regarding employees simply doing their jobs and not to be expecting complement all the time

Some employees think that way - when they are not promoted they feel like they are neglected. But in reality their performance is not up to par and not good enough for a promotion. Employees should also be fair to their employer particularly to the superior that you work for.
Well sometimes managers and business owners can be so rude with employee that employee may not even have an opportunity to the fair with them, how will you do in this situation

all of these actions are depends on the personality of the Manager but not all of them as you said

I give you a simple example with me, @Alexander always keep motivating and thank me for my contributions to the forum :cool::p

Managers or even owners of business praising employees has to do with individual difference. Though, it's not the duty of managers to praise employees but it's a great feeling to the employees

Basically managers are strict so that they wouldn't be taken for granted. And they rarely praise their staff because they don't want them to feel too important or irreplaceable.
You don't have to be strict before you can manage a business successfully. You need to praise your staff because they are very important in your business as their actions goes a long way in determining how successful your business will be.

I believe the reason is because they do not know, because if they have known that this thing could have gone a long way in improving the morale of their employees they could have done it for the sake of his business.

At times what causes this is poor orientation given to whom it may concern, on a normal, the kudos should go to who so ever deserves it.

Well it depends on the kind of managers in the business operation to some extent is out of pride from the business managers seeing them self as more superior than they workers or employees so the find difficult to praise them.

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?
It could be attributed to either mentality or ego.
There are bosses who have grown to understand that a job is not a free service...they pay for it, so only free services would deserve a thank you.
There are others who just have a stinking ego, they feel appreciating their employees for a good job has a way of making them lesser than they are.
Lol

But let's all face it, some managers are just too unqualified to become managers in the first place. That's why you will see a manager who doesn't know how to encourage their subidinates but only to make qaulity staffs leave their jobs

I think that it is the slave mentality that we have in most places that makes it hard for managers to appraise workers for job well done because they feel like employees can never do enough which is not right, a manager should understand even the time employee put in to work.

Most employers feel expressing appreciation or commendation openly might cause an employee to be laxed in his duties.

A manager that can not praise an employee is an incompetent manager to begin with. He most certainly has nothing to offer his subidinates not to talk on noticing a talent when he sees one

At times there's a reason for keeping silent. Some persons sees as, the job they ought to have done! For some, praising them for a job well done could make them puff up with pride.... But in all, we should learn to commend others for a job well done so as to encourage

Some bows believe anything you did is what you are perfectly paid for and believe they don't need to give you special praise even if you did more than they asked you too. Once did something that is more personal and not official for him, something I should have charge him for, after doing the job he couldn't even say thank you

I think it is wise step for managers , cause some workers couldn't misunderstand the compliments so it's better for that manager to stay cool with his workers .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds