Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Is It Hard For Managers To Praise Employees For a Job Well Done?

If the manager does not praise the employees for the job done, it means the manager is a psycho. In order to promote good working environment the employees should be praised for their performnce.

Advertisement Placeholder
Even me that is not yet into the tertiary institutional understand that it is just a waste of time for you to believe in the Nigerian government for employment after graduation. I don't know why graduate won't believe this.
You believes it because of the people around you, you might have seen some graduates who do not have something tangible that they do for a living.

It sometimes very hard for some people who are managers to praise the good work of an employee because these managers themselves don't even have a clue of what it is to motivate such staff member for their good performance

Saying thank you doesn't take anything away from you. Even though one might be paid for the job, the effort should be appreciated. If it easy, then the manager would have filled in the post as well. Well, I think why they find it hard to compliment one for a good job is so that the compliment doesn't get into your head.
You are correct. I agree with you that saying thank you to the employee that is doing a good job does not take anything from the boss. It is hard to praise the employee by some managers because of envy. or for whatever reason for not praising the employee.

Saying thank you as a manager is personal choice of the managers is not a rule neither a standard but a well mannered and morally enriched manager will always say thank you to his employee as that will also encourage them and give them more morale

Some managers do not see the need to praise their staff. They believes that you are not needed to be praised since you are getting paid for the job you do.

Sometime pride or he doesn't want you to think your going farer than him or her , instead sometimes the will discourage or find fault in what you did

He is right and wrong at the same time. He is Right because you were actually paid to get the job well done, it's part of your job description, praising you might make it seem like you weren't doing your job well before now or it will make you to relax and not work hard. On the other hand, he is wrong because a little praise can motivate workers to put in extra effort to their work.

Sometimes this could be as a result of ignorant by the manager because they don't understand that it is actually one of the best for them to appreciate most of the work that is done by their employee

You believes it because of the people around you, you might have seen some graduates who do not have something tangible that they do for a living.
Well that's true,i have seen a lot of graduate over here that would not have any good employment ,school can only be profitable only when you are in the nysc that the government will pay you a minimum wage salary

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?
Not every manager oh, but does who tends not to praise workers are taking a precaution from experience. Humans tend to misbehave when they realize the great importance of their efforts

Human beings generally are funny when it comes to attitude,I feel some employer does but some feel if they do the employee becomes so filled up of himself taking that without him or her nothing can be done in the company

Probably some managers don't just have it in them to praise people for their good job most times. They don't have that managerial skill that shows they are good managers that supposed to be an encouragement to their subordinates

Well, this kind of attitude depends on individual's difference. There are some managers that will definitely praise their employees for a job well done. Though, it's not a right but it goes a very long way by motivating them

I think it's natural for a manager to be a little strict about his business and not to talk to them angrily. This makes it happen. I think by doing this the employer will focus on the work and will work well. The purpose is just to get your attention.
It is hard for manager to praise employee for a job well done because of pride and ego most times if you press workouts too much they begin to have pride and ego thinking they're the only one that can be able to execute such as task

There are so many cryptocurrency coins that are following the price fluctuations of Bitcoin. One best way to find these coin is when you search coinmarketcap.com the top sites will appear with a chart of each coin. You will see the similarities in prices.

If it's my Country, praising an employee rarely occurs except if the company is owned by some Americans or Brits. Some managers don't wish to see the employees achieve, they prefer raining blames on them, at the end they pay some meagre extra amounts and call them bonus.

Most managers are envious and jealous of their employees progress because they get scared that and thinks their employee might one day overtake them in the process.
Its hard for manager to thank his employees for doing a good job is because of envy. Just like king Saul in the Bible, he will kill David because David killed Goliath and he was envious of his job

It never add for the manager to praise employees but what will be the consequences of praising them, if you do praise employee, they might likely misbehave and feel pompous

Basically managers are strict so that they wouldn't be taken for granted. And they rarely praise their staff because they don't want them to feel too important or irreplaceable.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds