Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Is It Hard For Managers To Praise Employees For a Job Well Done?

Saying thank you or not depends on the person.. This is a thing that has to do with individual.. It's called individual differences. To me, saying a thank you to your staffs after a job well done goes a very long way

Advertisement Placeholder
Saying thank you or not depends on the person.. This is a thing that has to do with individual.. It's called individual differences. To me, saying a thank you to your staffs after a job well done goes a very long way
You may be right because there are people who are not used to saying positive remarks. For me, saying thank you should be sincere so I do not say it too often especially in praising people. It is not good to be heard too often with the expression you are beautiful or you are good. It has lost its value already.

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?
Its hard for manager to thank his employees for doing a good job is because of envy. Just like king Saul in the Bible, he will kill David because David killed Goliath and he was envious of his job.

Good managerial skills is uncommon. Incentive and praises are things that will entice you to do more in your field. If you were given incentives or your were accorded praises for a job well done, it will push you to so more.

I think it's natural for a manager to be a little strict about his business and not to talk to them angrily. This makes it happen. I think by doing this the employer will focus on the work and will work well. The purpose is just to get your attention.
Is hard to praise workers for work was done because most times we can normally have ago and they will think they are the only one that can do the work.

This is just a thought, it doesn't mean it has to be the fact behind why they don't praise their staffs. Maybe they just don't want jealousy to emanate from such praises that's why

This is just a thought, it doesn't mean it has to be the fact behind why they don't praise their staffs. Maybe they just don't want jealousy to emanate from such praises that's why
There is no jealousy that will come out of this because when you press an employee it will give them the subconscious happiness that they are being appreciated for what they have done.

That is what a lot of people are doing and that's what I'm also doing ,it is not necessarily the best thing for you to graduate before learning the type of scale you are interested on.
I am really happy for you if you are learning a skill or already have a skill before you graduate from the university because the rate of unemployment among graduate in the country is alarming.

I am really happy for you if you are learning a skill or already have a skill before you graduate from the university because the rate of unemployment among graduate in the country is alarming.
Seriously that is what is happening in the Nigerian schooling system and the government's do not really care for the people ,it is just you and your life and that is all that is really necessary

Personally, I will say that it is rather unfortunate that some managers don't praise thier workers after finishing some task successfully for reason best known to them. To me, I see praise as one of the ways to encourage the staffs or workers to do more having in mind that their efforts is recognized. It is my opinion though.

Seriously that is what is happening in the Nigerian schooling system and the government's do not really care for the people ,it is just you and your life and that is all that is really necessary
Any university graduate that still wait for the government to help him secure a job after graduation might not be helping himself. The best is to know how to survive before graduating from the university.

Any university graduate that still wait for the government to help him secure a job after graduation might not be helping himself. The best is to know how to survive before graduating from the university.
Lolz, I know this is really funny but that's exactly the fact and it is something that we must learn to do no matter how disgusting it might be, it is not advisable to depend on the government nowadays.nice advise

Lolz, I know this is really funny but that's exactly the fact and it is something that we must learn to do no matter how disgusting it might be, it is not advisable to depend on the government nowadays.nice advise
The labour market is no longer funny for many graduates. Frustration and depression will set in if a graduate can not secure a job after many years of graduating from school.

This will actually boil down to a case of personal character between the managers. There are a lot of Managers that I know that are very encouraging.

I think some employers have an attitude problem and they think that praising their employees will not be a good idea. Unfortunately, this is a truth and this is why I have always wanted to be a self-employed person always.

I think it's natural for a manager to be a little strict about his business and not to talk to them angrily. This makes it happen. I think by doing this the employer will focus on the work and will work well. The purpose is just to get your attention.
If my manager to present play that he or she is doing well because most times if you please employee they begin to develop a goal and feel as if they're the only one that can be able to carry out the task

The labour market is no longer funny for many graduates. Frustration and depression will set in if a graduate can not secure a job after many years of graduating from school.
But why would they even expect to get employment after they have understand the situation of this country that 50% of people who have graduated in school do not have an opportunity to work for the government .

Well to some extent your boss is right. The reason why you being paid is to deliver. Morality isn’t compulsory in business. Another reason is maybe your boss doesn’t want you guys to get complacent. Complacency will reduce your eagerness to do more
Or it could be that the boss does not have the emotions. The boss just wants to have the money. I believe the boss needs to praise their employees for doing a good job. People are not machines that does not need to hear praises or encouragement from their bosses.

But why would they even expect to get employment after they have understand the situation of this country that 50% of people who have graduated in school do not have an opportunity to work for the government .
Most undergraduate doesn't understand the grave situation of unemployment in the country until they are a witness of it. Most will believe that the unemployed are not likely doing the right thing for them to be employed.

Most undergraduate doesn't understand the grave situation of unemployment in the country until they are a witness of it. Most will believe that the unemployed are not likely doing the right thing for them to be employed.
Even me that is not yet into the tertiary institutional understand that it is just a waste of time for you to believe in the Nigerian government for employment after graduation. I don't know why graduate won't believe this.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds