Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Is It Hard For Managers To Praise Employees For a Job Well Done?

maventiger

Mythical member
Credits
“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well to some extent your boss is right. The reason why you being paid is to deliver. Morality isn’t compulsory in business. Another reason is maybe your boss doesn’t want you guys to get complacent. Complacency will reduce your eagerness to do more

Saying thank you doesn't take anything away from you. Even though one might be paid for the job, the effort should be appreciated. If it easy, then the manager would have filled in the post as well. Well, I think why they find it hard to compliment one for a good job is so that the compliment doesn't get into your head.

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

This is not a hard thing to do at all it's just that some business owners are naturally rude to people and to their employees. One reason why most business owners refuse to appreciate their employees is because they want to avoid giving them rewards and gift especially here in Nigeria.

Some bows believe anything you did is what you are perfectly paid for and believe they don't need to give you special praise even if you did more than they asked you too. Once did something that is more personal and not official for him, something I should have charge him for, after doing the job he couldn't even say thank you

I think it might come down to ego and bad man-management. But I don't think there are a lot of managers out there who would find it hard to say kudos to their workers for a job well done.

This depends on the manager, and it solely had to do with the individual, not a general thing. I have worked with many managers, some of them will thank you for any job you pulled through, some won't, while some don't actually know how to express their gratitude. So it's not a general thing, it's actually individual differences.

it is hard for manager to praise employee for a job well done because they might be thinking that when they break their employee it will make them proud and also reduced output. Sometimes by praising employee make them reluctant and make them proud as if they are the only one who can do it without them the company will not move forward.

It depends on their mood most of the managers do not paid thanks to the Employees for their work well done but only few of them appreciate Their employees for putting their complete efforts and potential in their business only few people are blessed with this nature also most of them are rude and it not appreciated person as I talked about my manager was so he always appreciate those who work well and give them reward as well.

Some managers found it difficult to praise their workers simply because they think that's there value reduce from doing so. Some managers avoid praising their workers due to their Arrogance. Some also believe that by praising their workers they are going to appear weak and less competent so they are avoid doing so, instead they simply ignore.

There is actually nothing wrong in the manager of company to praise an employee for a job well done but this must be done in a constructive way. If it is overdone, the employees might begin to feel to big to put more effort next time.

Well i don't think i will categorically tell you the reasons. Every manager has his own reasons known to them. Some manager are so kind that they will always appreciate their employees for put up a good job. Some managers are naturally wicked no reason other than they are wicked.

Praise is one of the most powerful things a leader can offer their team.

When delivered well (and well-deserved), praise gives people the drive and motivation to continue doing the caliber of work you want to see.

This is why Mary Kay Ash, founder of the Mary Kay Cosmetics empire, remarked:

The power of workplace praise is more than anecdotal. Gallup found that giving praise has a profound impact on a company’s bottom line and its retention:

This is very true, some bosses believe once they are paying you, then you have to do your job without expecting praises or commendations. Some also don't appreciate their workers, because they the mindset that if a person receives praises often, it may get his/her head and may cause misbehavior.

It is quite hard to see an employer laughs and jokes around with their employees. This is so because they want to maintain a disciplined so that everyone will fall in line but they don't know that they are not doing it the right way.

Well this is common among some managers, not all managers are poised to give incentives for job well done. Every manager i believe have their validation, some may see it as weakness others may see it as support.

Many managers find it hard to say well done because, they feel that the employees are been paid for what they are doing. There's no need for saying thank you or we'll done. Forgetting that, one of the ways of getting the best of the people is through, appreciation and appraisal.

When the employer is like that, he thinks highly of himself. Because he has reached such a state, he no longer knows how to bow (bowing is a sign of respect to someone). His position will not last long if that is how an employer behaves.

In my opinion, it really depends on a person's character, because this is not in accordance with the knowledge of personnel management and leadership that they acquired during college. If your manager (not owner) doesn't like praising workers who have successfully done a job, for example if a marketing manager has successfully achieved sales targets, you can try to compliment your manager on his leadership results in marketing, and you can see how he reacts.

I think it's natural for a manager to be a little strict about his business and not to talk to them angrily. This makes it happen. I think by doing this the employer will focus on the work and will work well. The purpose is just to get your attention.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds