Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who runs a company better: A leader Or A Manager?

To me, I would go a for a leader. A leader can be anybody in the organisation. A person who appreciates the efforts of the employees, who constantly motivates them and supports them them in hard times. A leader is somebody who the whole organisation draws inspiration from. A leader is more important in a company than a manager, CEO, chairman and others

Advertisement Placeholder
A good leader who have the power to manage both material and human resources is the one capable of running a company and managing it welll to make more profit in the long run.

Leadership and management are important terms in managing people or business. Before someone can be considered to be a manager or to manage a business, he must posesses a good leadership skills as managing a business involves leading and supervising the work or job of others. A person that cannot lead cannot be a good manager.

A manager is also leader and there are roles assigned to each person in the management team. A manager serves as the leader and also oversees the activities of the company, and reports to the boss.

Managers help organizations and people grow, while the greatest achievement of a manager is to make work processes more effective. ... Both are important, but of course leadership comes before management. A balanced organization has leadership at its base.
@Has.an_shahid having a balanced organization is a mixture of a manager and a leader. Having the two will go a long way in helping the company achieve it business goal. A good management will at all times strive to have a balanced work environment mixed with employees who support and give their best in achieving the set goals.

Employees will always have their pick when it comes to who they like to work with.

Personally, I will bid for a leader. Because Leaders focus on all the employees they need to influence in order to realize their company’s goal. They know who their employees are and spend most of their time with them. They build loyalty and trust by consistently delivering on their promise.

Managers only focus on the structures necessary to set and achieve goals. They focus on the analytical and ensure systems are in place to attain desired outcomes. They work with individuals and their goals and objectives.

I so much admire the few Leaders I have been opportune to work with, they are always willing to try new things even if they may fail miserably. They know that failure is often a step on the path to success. Managers work to minimize risk. They seek to avoid or control problems rather than embracing them reason why most firm hire persons with such features.

What’s your take?
A leader doesn't lead himself and will likely want to be an autocratic leader which will not go well with the company,
Therefore I believe that a manager could be an understanding Head in a company more than a leader could be, to start with why must you give your company to leader to manage instead of a manager?

A manager is a leader but a leader isn't a manager. A manager is someone with the necessary experience that's has the ability to lead and coordinate the resources of a business while a leader is someone with the ability to lead other people. For someone to be called a leader, he must have followers but a manger doesn't necessarily need to have followers.

Employees will always have their pick when it comes to who they like to work with.

Personally, I will bid for a leader. Because Leaders focus on all the employees they need to influence in order to realize their company’s goal. They know who their employees are and spend most of their time with them. They build loyalty and trust by consistently delivering on their promise.

Managers only focus on the structures necessary to set and achieve goals. They focus on the analytical and ensure systems are in place to attain desired outcomes. They work with individuals and their goals and objectives.

I so much admire the few Leaders I have been opportune to work with, they are always willing to try new things even if they may fail miserably. They know that failure is often a step on the path to success. Managers work to minimize risk. They seek to avoid or control problems rather than embracing them reason why most firm hire persons with such features.

What’s your take?
According to my opinion, a leader can handle a company more effectively because a leader always have capability to tackle all the problems in the way of success. And with the knowledge and experience a true leader can also lead the management system of a company for progress.

In general word leader is used for politician and manager in business field. If talk about a political leader it is not assured he can run a company, but a manager can run much better than a political leader. Manager is also leader of business field

depends on the privileges that are given to each of them ( the leader and the manager ) and the job that they are supposed to do, sometimes a leader can do a better job than a manager if given the right role, but he can't because he's limited to his job

I would say the manager runs the company instead of the leader because in moat cases the leader only comes once in a while to inspect the action that has been taken by the manager during his absense

Leaders assist organizations and individuals to expand, while the greatest achievement of a manager comes from making work processes more effective. ... Both are essential, but leadership is ahead of management, naturally. At its foundation, a well-balanced company has leadership.
Absolutely. Absolutely! Those people who exemplify great leadership qualities such as honesty and vision are the best managers. Many executives will get the job done, but the great executives share their vision and give the company the latitude to achieve their goals.

Gone are those days managers are successful. The place we can see managers these days is in government offices. Where they dictate and do not care about the growth of the organisation. In private sectors only leaders are successful and productive in the offices.

When it comes to managing a company, there is nothing better than a leader. This is a person capable of encouraging, motivating and influencing the behavior or way of thinking of his staff, with the purpose of working in favor of the company. Few managers have this vocation and qualities.

I think leader and manager are both key worker of buisness both lead the buisness to success manager will maintain all the works while leader will take action and perform it from the emoloyees so both is suitable for buisness

If i am to chose between a leader and a manager for better efficiency i will go for a leader. Its only a leader that make or guarantee employees happiness and when they are happy u can always get their loyalty

When it comes to the business world, a manager is one who is the leader in his or her business initiative. Their is no position in any business firm or company that is called leader spot. The manager oversees the welfare of the company or business firm making sure everything is up and running.

Any of both can run the company in great ways but whoever has more experience working with fast growing companies or big brands would definitely do it better, also note that a manager is also a leader, you rarely go to various companies and hear them call the manager a leader. No need because they believe the manager has all the capabilities of a leader. I would go for more experience.

The person with a better skill and knowledge will run the company better, it does not matter whether he is a leader or a manager. management is a skill that you will learn from education, training, as well as experience.

Any company needs a manager to run it well. The leader leads it, but the manager sends a message to him, he sees his work, he sees his worker.That's why the manager works harder to run the company better. From a leader, he looks at everything that is important to make a profit. The manager is responsible for the profit of the company.
For a company or a business venture to move forward to greater height , they need a manager to take charge and manage/run it in a better way, a leader cannot manage a company well because he or she does not have a good managerial skill to move the company forward.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds