Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who runs a company better: A leader Or A Manager?

How come you do as far as I know the leader is someone that leads a group of people and do not have understanding about business but a manager is someone that can manage a business and that is to take care of business and any other business related issue.

Advertisement Placeholder
What company need most is leader yes leader because
The term "manager" is often associated with someone who tells other people what to do, while a "leader" inspires others to do their best through their words and actions without dictating

Employees will always have their pick when it comes to who they like to work with.

Personally, I will bid for a leader. Because Leaders focus on all the employees they need to influence in order to realize their company’s goal. They know who their employees are and spend most of their time with them. They build loyalty and trust by consistently delivering on their promise.

Managers only focus on the structures necessary to set and achieve goals. They focus on the analytical and ensure systems are in place to attain desired outcomes. They work with individuals and their goals and objectives.

I so much admire the few Leaders I have been opportune to work with, they are always willing to try new things even if they may fail miserably. They know that failure is often a step on the path to success. Managers work to minimize risk. They seek to avoid or control problems rather than embracing them reason why most firm hire persons with such features.

What’s your take?
Ofcause a leader will definitely run company well on a smooth sailing, because why a leader listen and pay attention to everyone working in his or her organization,and he ask them to give him or her some time to go and have a rethink about all of their opinion about what to do to make the company grow.And by the time he or she is done am very sure he or she will surely know the best for all and work on it with immediate effect.. so I will always like to work with a leader not a boss, because working with a boss is not an easy task at all,they want to be the one to control everything not taking ideas ..

Every high position in an organization or company requires you to have a good leadership skill. I will prefer both. A manager can be a good leader and vice versa. Though the priorities of a leader is higher than that of a managerbut the purpose of both is to ensure effective management of a business or company

I will go with leader Anyone within an organization has the potential to become a leader, but managers must be leaders. ... A manager who cannot lead is not able to build trust and create engagement within an organization to get to where they need to go. Neither of these scenarios are practical or effective.
Sure, in most cases, managers are usually people who have got leadership potentials and I believe the two terms are related. You cannot talk about a manager without including leadership prowess.

It is a very good thing to he able to lead and manage at the same time but I think I read it in management and accounting textbook that a manager loads, controls, coordinatee and do many things.
Employees will always have their pick when it comes to who they like to work with.

Personally, I will bid for a leader. Because Leaders focus on all the employees they need to influence in order to realize their company’s goal. They know who their employees are and spend most of their time with them. They build loyalty and trust by consistently delivering on their promise.

Managers only focus on the structures necessary to set and achieve goals. They focus on the analytical and ensure systems are in place to attain desired outcomes. They work with individuals and their goals and objectives.

I so much admire the few Leaders I have been opportune to work with, they are always willing to try new things even if they may fail miserably. They know that failure is often a step on the path to success. Managers work to minimize risk. They seek to avoid or control problems rather than embracing them reason why most firm hire persons with such features.

What’s your take?

Being an excellent manager doesn’t make someone a strong leader. We’ve all run into someone who uses the titles interchangeably, and it can be frustrating.

Knowing the difference leadership vs management helps you understand your role in your organization. By recognizing the difference, you can sharpen your abilities so that you can reach your fullest potential. Knowing what separates managers and leaders can also help you figure out how to achieve the best balance of leadership and management qualities.

A leader is the owner if the business but the success of the manager goes a long way in fostering the business growth. So to me the manager is the brain behind the company progress and failure...he report back to the leader in the issues that need to be addressed
I think a leader is a owner of the business he can hire manager but a leader can run business or a company with carefully and properly so a leader should always better than a manger for run a company

I think only a manager can run a company better. In order to run a company, it is very important for the manager to be educated. A manager is the way a company is run.Can't run a dog A leader can do to a manager He has no idea how to run a business Dog so a manager is very important in running a business No business can run without a manager

A manager will run a company better because of the relationship he or she shares with the employees..He will even do it better just to get a good relationship with the owner..An owner of a company won't be able to submit himself completely to his employees,but a manager can do that..

What’s your take?
My take is it depends on the individual in the 2 different roles you've stated. While the points you raised for a leader are cogent, a manager can also be as committed as the leader, when I was a manager I had all these attributes infact I was more like a leader, I closed deals for the sales team and helped them with cold calls.

Without a doubt, leadership is the stimulating idea which incorporates rousing individuals to accomplish extraordinary things and rocking the boat. While, the management could appear bit dull as it include following existing cycles, orders, rules, arrangements, methodologies and the spending plan.

We realize that both hold a significant job. Without the managements, you don't do things right, and without Leadership, you could wind up not doing the correct things.

However, in the event that I need to choose, I'll say management is a higher priority than leadership.

A leader is the owner if the business but the success of the manager goes a long way in fostering the business growth. So to me the manager is the brain behind the company progress and failure...he report back to the leader in the issues that need to be addressed
Leader can be a manager and a manager can also be a leader. A good leader will surely make a good manager but not all managers are can lead the people. When a manager is a leader the employees enjoy good working atmosphere and everyone is carried along.

Leader can be a manager and a manager can also be a leader. A good leader will surely make a good manager but not all managers are can lead the people. When a manager is a leader the employees enjoy good working atmosphere and everyone is carried along.
@Thosynho very true. When a manager is a leader the employees will enjoy the working atmosphere that allows creativity and stimulate growth. Aside the business growth, all the employees supervised by the manager will experience personal growth. When a working environment is conducive for growth, anything relating to business is achievable due too the power of unity.

The main difference between leaders and managers is that leaders have people who follow them while managers have people who work for them. A successful business owner needs both a strong leader and a manager to add their team to the board to follow their vision of success.

What’s your take?
A manager is meant runs a company better than a leader.

While a manager utilizes scarce company resources to achieve set goals and objectives a leader will dolûe out money without recourse prudence of asking how the money came.

What’s your take?
You need to be a leader to attain the manager role... It's just like both are two side of a coin! They compliment each other greatly... No need to pick, they both are perfect to learn from when the chance araise!

Managers help organizations and people grow, while the greatest achievement of a manager is to make work processes more effective. ... Both are important, but of course leadership comes before management. A balanced organization has leadership at its base.

I think a good manager must be a good leader too. A manager must know how to control and regulate resources, especially people.

Having good leadership qualities will make this task easier since humans are just different.

Any company needs a manager to run it well. The leader leads it, but the manager sends a message to him, he sees his work, he sees his worker.That's why the manager works harder to run the company better. From a leader, he looks at everything that is important to make a profit. The manager is responsible for the profit of the company.
You are absolutely correct. A leader is someone who gives the roadmap about a business by delegating to Managers. Managers are left to exhibit a human relations skills to carry along people under them to execute the tasks as assigned to them in an efficient and effective way. A manager is always there to supervise while leader is to instruct.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds