Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What Made you Start doing Freelancing?

I didn't start freelancing until recently, I have a skill in which I polished so well over the years. I stated freelancing inorder to earn extra income but right now I'm thinking of going fully into freelancing. The pays are encouraging

Advertisement Placeholder
A lack of local jobs and the fact that I have anxiety around people in general. It felt appropriate to actually work online instead of in an actual physical location job. And I'm glad I did, as I've been surviving doing my own thing.
That is a common reason that I see in the forums. Freelancing in the internet is easy because there are not much requirements except the email that you need when joining a site that pays. But you have to be discerning that the site is not a scam site that will abuse you later.

My love for freelancing developed more during the pandemic as I could do nothing to make money. So I ventured into writing and made a couple of dollars each month.
Currently, my niches have increased. One was born out of love and one was due to customers' demands.

if you have any digital skill there is no need for you to start wasting it but instead you need to sign up on freelancing platforms and start applying for jobs.

I started freelancing because I never loved the idea of working for anyone. Besides I loved the freedom and flexibility it gives while earning almost same amount (if not more) than conventional jobs

As job wasnt forth coming ,I spent most of my time online and one day stumbled on a thread somewhere where freelancing was being discussed...before then I had never thought about it...from there on ,I have decided to make a living online.

And also I need to research on the type of laptop I will buy that will be able to carry out all the tasks conviniently I don't need something that after buying they will say that the space is not supported and so on
You need it dear. My recent desktop is HP. You should research about the PC you'll be buying, cos the specs matters to you, to solve what you're buying it for.
[automerge]1627853860[/automerge]
When you look up and down, you'll realize that one needs money, in order to earn money their must be something offered to someone which is tangible that's why people are circling around freelancing marketplace.

Last edited:
My love for freelancing developed more during the pandemic as I could do nothing to make money. So I ventured into writing and made a couple of dollars each month.
Currently, my niches have increased. One was born out of love and one was due to customers' demands.
A lot of people consider freelancing to be one of the most profitable online business, but this is the truth because a lot of people who able to fit in perfectly on Fiverr and other freelance sites are making serious money.

You need it dear. My recent desktop is HP. You should research about the PC you'll be buying, cos the specs matters to you, to solve what you're buying it for.
[automerge]1627853860[/automerge]
When you look up and down, you'll realize that one needs money, in order to earn money their must be something offered to someone which is tangible that's why people are circling around freelancing marketplace.
Wow it's nice, I understand HP laptop is one of the most popular brand laptop over here, can you tell me the specification of the laptop and how much you bought it, what else do you use it for online ?

And also I need to research on the type of laptop I will buy that will be able to carry out all the tasks conviniently I don't need something that after buying they will say that the space is not supported and so on
One thing that made me start doing freelance business is diversifying of business and also due to when the offline business field during the pandemic I decided to go online and start freelance business.

One thing that made me start doing freelance business is diversifying of business and also due to when the offline business field during the pandemic I decided to go online and start freelance business.
It's nice that you have been able to fit yourself into the feeling system because it is not all individual that have an opportunity to do so, how was your journey into the freance system ,was it easy or a difficult one ?

Actually the freedom we get here is really people look for while doing a job. I also do a private job but that does not give me satisfaction, I earn small amount online but I am very much satisfied because I can do whatever I want to do.

For me l entered into freelancing because of how skills are valued over there. The first time I visited one of the freelancing sites, l was surprised to see the minimum pay for any service to be like five dollars and that was my first motivation. Then, l tried searching for more offers l could see that most of the affordable jobs one could learn within some months were highly paid too so l decided to polish up my skills and just start working too.
I intend to do freelancing in the future because from what I have tell that one we need to acquire a digital scale for you can start working on on any freelancing platform online

I intend to do freelancing in the future because from what I have tell that one we need to acquire a digital scale for you can start working on on any freelancing platform online
Not just this. The rate of unemployment and the use of machines in industries should prompt us towards establishing online earning method that will help us to succeed easily.

It depends on where and how you do your freelancing. On sites like Fiverr, competition is going to be your major challenge as buyers are small compare to the number of sellers. This can discourage you and make you to quit of you are not getting orders.

There are many reasons why I start freelancing online. The first is that it gives me opportunity to be my own boss. I can do work at any time I wish, no one is going to force to things when I am not ready. Another reason is that my income is direct to effort I put to the hustle, more effort more income.
Yep, the beginning part of freelancing 👉 free
Freedom. Feeling tied down to pretty much anything makes me feel uncomfortable. You can’t put a price on freedom. But you always have to remember one simple rule, especially if you tend to be a slacker like me.
If you’re gonna be your own boss, DON’T BE A LAZY BOSS.
Like a boss that wouldn’t care what time a worker would show up, or if they would show up at all.
It’s very easy to become that boss <for yourself> if you don’t stay on top of it.
Sometimes I’ll get all wrapped up in YouTube videos and think oh I guess today’s a non-working day.
Nice boss.
haha

It depends on where and how you do your freelancing. On sites like Fiverr, competition is going to be your major challenge as buyers are small compare to the number of sellers. This can discourage you and make you to quit of you are not getting orders.
The site you have mentioned is really very competitive. I have registered there but could not get a single job. already there are many experienced person available to do the job, why would anyone go for newbie.

Wow it's nice, I understand HP laptop is one of the most popular brand laptop over here, can you tell me the specification of the laptop and how much you bought it, what else do you use it for online ?
Its been long I about it back then
I bought it during 2012with estimated price of $150 spend for it as a new HP computer. Up to now its still around serving me, even though its weak now.

Yes,you're right. You earn more with freelancing especially if you have steady clients. However, you earn consistently from forums every time as long as you can write. You don't need any client or advert.

I actually told myself that for the fact that a lot of people are making money from becoming freelancers then I don't see the reason why I should not also join the queue.

Freelancing can be a good source of income especially if you have a high demanding skill, it is even the best type of business especially on rainy season in which offline business might seems difficult.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds