Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Skills or Morals

I am sure that all companies seek for skilled people first place , cause with skill could get profits , the morals are important too but after skills .
Exactly my point. That is shy i said that, he needs to make a decision in favor of the company, not himself individually, except he is the owner of the business or company in question.

Advertisement Placeholder
You need both. If the person does not have skills but high morals, he cannot perform well in his work. If the person has skills but no morale, he will cheat on the job

You need both. If the person does not have skills but high morals, he cannot perform well in his work. If the person has skills but no morale, he will cheat on the job
Yes but unfortunately I see that companies and bodies help their employers to be cheaters and consider cheater people as intelligent .

As a business owner, I have two interns on probation, they are both qualified for the post, but I have the capacity to absorb just one of them,
What will be your suggestion, should I go for one that is skilled but I'll manners or the one that's unskilled but well mannered????
A more desired combination is skill with morality. A good emplyee is one, having the skill of doing the job assigned to him perfectly, as well as having polite nature. Too much arrogance is not a suitable component for anyone to be a succesful, as it will attract enemity.

As a business owner, I have two interns on probation, they are both qualified for the post, but I have the capacity to absorb just one of them,
What will be your suggestion, should I go for one that is skilled but I'll manners or the one that's unskilled but well mannered????
Both traits are important in an individual, whether or not they want to be employed, why can't someone posses both??

For me I think non of them is qualified for the job, look out for someone who is both skilled and mannered, let them go and learn what they need to, then reapply.

It is easier to learn skills as an adult than manners. I would rather engage the well behaved one and put him under serious training than the ill-mannered one.

The choice still lie with u on what u actually want for the progress of ur work. The person with skills but without manner will definitely not help u in the long run, my own advise to u is to choose the one that is well manner and give him the needed skills required of him.

Hmm this situation is quite tricky, it would be best to find someone else that has both or at least a little of both. But if there are no options, then logically speaking you would want to go for the skilled one thinking with time he would learn or you can change him. But what if one of his flaws is the unwillingness to learn from others?

Having someone who have the require skill for the intended job is indeed a very good advantage but having skill alone is not enough. Skill can be acquire through training, employing the intern with good manner and then train him/her on the job will be more profitable to the company than hiring the person with skill but 'll mannered.

Having someone who have the require skill for the intended job is indeed a very good advantage but having skill alone is not enough. Skill can be acquire through training, employing the intern with good manner and then train him/her on the job will be more profitable to the company than hiring the person with skill but 'll mannered.
But along with skills, manner is also important. You can't keep an employee who can do any task given to him, but very arrogant because he thinks he is the most superior. Humbleness is also necessary along with skills of working.

Morals is very important for any business man because it makes your customer to trust you, at same time, skills is very important also for business success.

I think morals why because,a person with good morals can learn skills if he or she is been taught,but a skillful person without moral is like a beautiful lady without brain..
People will just look at you and pass..
A skillful person without morals wouldnt want to listen to other people's opinions simply because he is good at work he does..But when you have morals,you will be ready to learn no matter your level in the society..
Very correct, a person with good morals, would be willing to learn at all times and would be willing to submit to authorities. Unlike the next person without morals. They would not be willing to learn because they feel their skills is all that matters

Everyone needs a slash of both, but if we have to pick one of the two, I'll pick morals over skills. The morals for me would come with the willingness to learn and unlearn things. Skills on the other hand won't bring a lot of the right attitude for work to go on smoothly.
But do you know that some people with morals don't like to be corrected or told what to do but a skilled person would contribute his own quota and try to lock his behaviour.

Morals is very important for any business man because it makes your customer to trust you, at same time, skills is very important also for business success.
You may be right about the customers but I know of some businessmen who are womanizers and that thing is secret to their clients. Even some lawyers are in cahoots with criminals but no one knew except the insiders of the law firm. For me, morals is important but it can be hidden.

If the person really wants to work for your company, it would be very easy to make them change. You just have to involve them in a discussion and see how they are working on being better version of themselves.

Anybody can easily learn and become skill at any particular area but if someone is I'll mannered, it's a serious issue because whatever skill the person has would be counterproductive in your business. Someone who is I'll mannered will treat your customers anyhow and can have very great impact on your business growth.

Well I will go for skilled first because it is not easy to have a skilled worker but the moral you are talking about can be learn within a short period of time, learning a skill that is required to run a business is difficult.

Morals is very important a business as well as skills. having the right skills and knowledge will definitely help you in business as well as having high morals.

Both abilities and morals are very important. Whatever the company, you can grow and earn your profit if you are an expert in it. A qualified intern will surely spoil your business. And unqualified manners may attain customers at first, but they will ultimately be turned off by their incompetence.

Skills especially ethics, moral and professional skill play an important role in sharpening individual's excellent personality by complementing his/her hard skills to the teacher communities. The complicated nature of teaching, in both practice and preparation,
I will choose morals any day any time,because a man that is morally endowed will be willing and easy to adapt to any situation he is put into,he or she will be very easy to teach and will bring progress with his conduct,because its a character thing.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds