Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Skills or Morals

You definitely need someone that has both qualities, you not suppose to go for the less. If the best is not available now or you can't manage to accommodate both, then go for the well manner intern. Skill can help get you more job but your organisation won't go far, well manner and qualified will keep the business going at its pace and it go on a long run. Choose wisely

Advertisement Placeholder
to me I think having the two is the best and a helping idea cause having a particular skills without a good character is a very bad idea and if you don't have morals that is having a good character in what you do, you won't make enough customers.

That's a tough decision you have to make. Both skills and manners will be useful. You can't leave one for the other. Having a skilled employee without manners might take a toll on your business. I hope you find someone who has both skills and manners.

The finny things is that all of them are very critical for the growth and development of any company in the world. If I had to choose, I would choose the skill as I hope that reward and pun I sent would definitely make the person have good morals on the long run.

As a business owner, I have two interns on probation, they are both qualified for the post, but I have the capacity to absorb just one of them,
What will be your suggestion, should I go for one that is skilled but I'll manners or the one that's unskilled but well mannered????
I guess unskilled will be the perfect one to go for because he or she have manners and won't drive your client away,and with that he or she will be willing to learn as well.

This are parameters that make employees to have a lot of headache. This is never a good situation to be in at all. I would advice that if you will pay both of them same amount, then you should pick the one that is more skilled to be honest.

As a business owner, I have two interns on probation, they are both qualified for the post, but I have the capacity to absorb just one of them,
What will be your suggestion, should I go for one that is skilled but I'll manners or the one that's unskilled but well mannered????
Does your business work on morals or skills needed to run the business? The answer to the question is what would determine who you should hire.

Both sides are so important to me , so if you find a skilled mannered so you are very lucky but if you are forced to choose I think you can for the mannered one cause skills could be learned with Time unless manners .

You have to choose one that has both, you can't settle for less. A skilled intern with no manner will certainly spoil business for you. And an unskilled person with manners may attract customers at first but his/her incompetence will eventually turn them off.

I strongly agree. Both qualities are necessary to not jeopardize a business.

Go for the one that is skilled but seem to lack some manners, you can train him and see if he improves and becomes a better person. That would be a very impactful thing you are ever going to do in his life.
I'm sorry to say I prefer the other way round, there is really nothing personal:). I believe it's easier for the good mannered employee to acquire the lacking skills than to the bad tempered one to change his/her temperament. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's harder. It's easier to learn a new skill than to change mood.

I strongly agree. Both qualities are necessary to not jeopardize a business.

I'm sorry to say I prefer the other way round, there is really nothing personal:). I believe it's easier for the good mannered employee to acquire the lacking skills than to the bad tempered one to change his/her temperament. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's harder. It's easier to learn a new skill than to change mood.
Yes in my experience in life I realised that you cannot trust bad people and wait for them change their manners , it is quite impossible but learning skills is almost available for all .

That's why the world isn't balance, we're living in an imperfect world. But when we give those unskilled or those lacking morals adequate training they can be better suited. Nothing impossible when you're very determined to achieve something in business.

You can't choose someone that has the skill but is ill mannered because that person will push customers away from your business. You need to go find someone with the skill and we'll mannered enough for your business.

You can't choose someone that has the skill but is ill mannered because that person will push customers away from your business. You need to go find someone with the skill and we'll mannered enough for your business.
Exactly, it's very important that the person who works for a company have both qualities because it's very important for the business to thrive and grow.

I totally agree with you, the first thing is morale which is what will attract customers, of course skills are also important, but I think that can be developed. You can also find a person who contains both morale and skill.

This is really a dicey situation and a hard case to crack, I will simply go for the one with skills because that's what you need in your business, i will later give him laws (rule and regulation) that will bind his ill manners.

Seriously in business if I can suggest it cannot be run successfully with skills and lack of manners because with skills and the absence of manners it will discourage your clients to patronize you like wise manners without skills is also a failure so you go for both.

Both of them are very important in business environment both skills and morals.they both help you to become a better personality and also work perfectly well in a business environment.

You just need to ask yourself one question, who among the interns will add values to your business? Moral can't produce good business result without a skill and it is missing which is very important to your business. Why not employ the one with the skill and help shape his moral to your own standard.

Both of them are very important in business or whatever, we all need the two in our business but if I should choose I can choose morals than skill.

Concerning skills or morals. Well, how lovely and easier would it have been if only one of them exihibit both characters of having the skills for the job and morals also. But as the case may be, it would to take them through a test that involves testing them on their weaknesses to see if there would be an improvement in a way.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds