Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Skills or Morals

I think you should go for the unskilled with manners ,because the unskilled could become skilled when you start teaching him or her how to set up and run the business

Advertisement Placeholder
I totally agree with you, the first thing is morale which is what will attract customers, of course skills are also important, but I think that can be developed. You can also find a person who contains both morale and skill.
It's never too difficult to find such a good person with both good skills and good manners required to run a business in such a way it will help the company grow well.

As a business owner, I have two interns on probation, they are both qualified for the post, but I have the capacity to absorb just one of them,
What will be your suggestion, should I go for one that is skilled but I'll manners or the one that's unskilled but well mannered????
Loll.... Well t depends on the level at which the task needed a skillful because manners is just an ego thing. manners with no skills can result to danger....

That's why the world isn't balance, we're living in an imperfect world. But when we give those unskilled or those lacking morals adequate training they can be better suited. Nothing impossible when you're very determined to achieve something in business.

Hard reality: since Adam and Eve's sin and consequently the fall of humanity, the world isn't balanced at all and this way will be until the end of this era. Jobs into companies face in a daily basis situations such as mobbing and bossing cause bad temperament employees and directors. This doesn't make a good image off the company.

This is really a dicey situation and a hard case to crack, I will simply go for the one with skills because that's what you need in your business, i will later give him laws (rule and regulation) that will bind his ill manners.
Rules and regulations must include the obligation to be nice with colleagues (but look, I continue to think it's easier to learn a new skill when this latter lacks than to learn good manners) because a bad tempered employee or manager, when doesn't scare away customers, would scare away colleagues or making their working life impossible and the company would be jeopardized in any way. Unfortunately, to not lose image outside the companies' doors, some companies had the mischievous idea to threaten the victim of the bad tempered colleague (news from newspapers): any lawsuit would cost the job to the victim employee. I hate situations like that, so I would choose moral instead of skills, as a last resort if I can't have both.

It's never too difficult to find such a good person with both good skills and good manners required to run a business in such a way it will help the company grow well.
I agree with your statement. When you look for the right person, I am sure you can find them. You have to take the time to do it, the wait to get a person with skills and morals is worth it.

Hard reality: since Adam and Eve's sin and consequently the fall of humanity, the world isn't balanced at all and this way will be until the end of this era. Jobs into companies face in a daily basis situations such as mobbing and bossing cause bad temperament employees and directors. This doesn't make a good image off the company.

Rules and regulations must include the obligation to be nice with colleagues (but look, I continue to think it's easier to learn a new skill when this latter lacks than to learn good manners) because a bad tempered employee or manager, when doesn't scare away customers, would scare away colleagues or making their working life impossible and the company would be jeopardized in any way. Unfortunately, to not lose image outside the companies' doors, some companies had the mischievous idea to threaten the victim of the bad tempered colleague (news from newspapers): any lawsuit would cost the job to the victim employee. I hate situations like that, so I would choose moral instead of skills, as a last resort if I can't have both.
I understand your situation for going for the moral employee as the last resort leaving the skilled Candidate out because the behaviour of the skilled but immoral candidate can ruin the company.

I would go with Morals because you can easily upskilling a person with Morals but it isn't easy to impact morals to an already grown person.

Since Adam and Eve lost perfection things aren't in order again. Having good morals will set the pace to have better opportunities in life. Without good morals the skills is just futile, no company will employ such personnel.

In this case you have to choose the one that has both because you cannot settle less for anything and you need a slash of both but if you were to choose on Ill choose morals over skills though skills can take you anywhere but morals are good and better and moral is simply the greatest concern for everything because it is good and skills is also good I have one of my friend that has skills and morals together and he is still making his money with both that what I would love to do or be

I suggest you should just go for the one that has skill in other to succeed very well,it will help you or propagate you to another dimension in business

Concerning your question in the above post on which intern should you pick, the one with skills or no morals, or the one with morals but little to no skills, Well first of all, I would like to say that you should still look very well maybe you would find both

I do not think this things are to go hand in hand because morals are one of the things that ensure one is effective and then boost productivity but if I had to choose I will choose skills.

To be honest with you, I would not like to gamble with my business on these two parameters. I would want to employ someone with both attributes that I can entrust my business affairs to and not one of the attributes

As a business owner, I have two interns on probation, they are both qualified for the post, but I have the capacity to absorb just one of them,
What will be your suggestion, should I go for one that is skilled but I'll manners or the one that's unskilled but well mannered????
I have another thought about this. My question is your business does it provide opportunity for your workers to develop themselves on external training?.

Morality (from Latin: moralitas, lit. 'manner, character, proper behavior') is the differentiation of intentions, decisions and actions between those that are distinguished as proper (right) and those that are improper (wrong).[1] Morality can be a body of standards or principles derived from a code of conduct from a particular philosophy, religion or culture, or it can derive from a standard that a person believes should be universal.[2] Morality may also be specifically synonymous with "goodness" or "rightness"

It's important to have both but if at some point you can't have it, I would choose morals over skills. Why? Because for me it's so much easier to teach someone new skills rather than someone who didn't have manners all their life.

Conduct another interview and look for a candidate that has morale and skill, skill is needed to carry out duties effectively but the workplace would grow fast when there are people with morals.

Well, I think you need to make a decision that will further the business. If you can manage the skilled one with ill manners, then sure. If you feel his rudeness disturb you and the business as a whole, then go for the other one.

Both is needed, when the moral standard is lacking around an individual surely the skill becomes futile. Cos companies will seek the two, and if you falter on the skill aspect, you won't still last long via the field that needs labourers to execute.

Well, I think you need to make a decision that will further the business. If you can manage the skilled one with ill manners, then sure. If you feel his rudeness disturb you and the business as a whole, then go for the other one.
I am sure that all companies seek for skilled people first place , cause with skill could get profits , the morals are important too but after skills .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds