Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Skills or Morals

having moral in business improves the appeal of the company to potential workers, therefore increasing the pool of talent available for recruiting. Because employees take pleasure in their job, a morally operated firm will experience increased production.

Advertisement Placeholder
As a business owner, I have two interns on probation, they are both qualified for the post, but I have the capacity to absorb just one of them,
What will be your suggestion, should I go for one that is skilled but I'll manners or the one that's unskilled but well mannered????
You need both skills and manners, so my opinion is pick one thats mannered and train them further to be well equipped or trained for the job

I think a good businessperson need both skills and morals too be successful in life, and think everyone needs the both to be successful not only a businessperson

Sincerely both are two different entity I feel that a skill differs from moral but both are important to improve human life

Both are important. skill is important for a business but morals are also paramount in any sphere of life.No matter how skillful a person is,I will not employ you if you lack morals.

Both are important. skill is important for a business but morals are also paramount in any sphere of life.No matter how skillful a person is,I will not employ you if you lack morals.
That's just it, it will get to a stage whereby people would not want to do business with you simply because of your attitude and behavior. Even myself I would not want to do business with anyone who has had character

As a business owner, I have two interns on probation, they are both qualified for the post, but I have the capacity to absorb just one of them,
What will be your suggestion, should I go for one that is skilled but I'll manners or the one that's unskilled but well mannered????
A prime element in this game is choosing a skill that other players must choose to match with your character. Each skill has a minimum level that must be reached before players can earn their first

Both skills and morals are very necessary for running a business because moth morals and skills can make you lose a client or make a client to stay. I would suggest you find a person that has both because you can't take chances In your business

You said yourself according to your both are qualified for post. Having said that I will advice you go for the one that has morals. Skilled can be learnt easily with time frame but you see morals, if you don't have it, you don't have it.

Go for the one that is skilled but seem to lack some manners, you can train him and see if he improves and becomes a better person. That would be a very impactful thing you are ever going to do in his life.
But then which one is easier. Is it easier to impact skills or is it easier to change character. I believe every skills can he learned but it's more difficult to change character

I am very sorry to say that none of them is qualified, when it comes to HR functions, you find a candidate who possesses the skills as well as work ethics and manners, the organization will move forward better with both qualifications present in every employee.

Skills can be learned but morals have been a trait for long time which may take time to change or not even which is why I would suggest someone with moral, such person should be able to learn the skill and be well mannered which would be very welcome

I will go for both an employee that has both the skill set that I am looking to work for me as well as having the morals too. People do possess both qualities and there is nothing too special in finding such qualities in one person to employ

This is a very difficult question but i believe that a bad behaviour can be cured easily that is why I would recommend an unskilled worker with good morals. At least with a good Guardian, he/she can improve.

I think most business organisation are going to employ you base on the skill you have to offer and after employing you will not have any other option than to follow the rules and regulation of the business in which moral and discipline will be among.

When it comes to my business and those employees that I will employ to work in the business I will actually prioritise moral standing of my employees over their skill set because with a moral upright employee you can be sure and trust those kind of employees unlike those ones that lack it that can still everything you have in the business.

You have to choose one that has both, you can't settle for less. A skilled intern with no manner will certainly spoil business for you. And an unskilled person with manners may attract customers at first but his/her incompetence will eventually turn them off.
You have a point and I agree with you but if we must choose I would choose the one with morals and train him to acquire the skills. It is very difficult to imbibe morals on grown adult.

Tough decision, but how well are I able to access that one has morals than the other when you're yet to employ them? I'll pick the skilled person and he will have to conform to the code of ethics.

The one with morals on what basis is he qualified if you said he is qualified then go for him if he meets the description for the job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds