Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Skills or Morals

As a business owner, I have two interns on probation, they are both qualified for the post, but I have the capacity to absorb just one of them,
What will be your suggestion, should I go for one that is skilled but I'll manners or the one that's unskilled but well mannered????
In a business it is easy to manage a skilled and no manners employee or staff than having the one with morals and is unskilled but once your job is done you don't need the skilled anymore

Advertisement Placeholder
As a business owner, I have two interns on probation, they are both qualified for the post, but I have the capacity to absorb just one of them,
What will be your suggestion, should I go for one that is skilled but I'll manners or the one that's unskilled but well mannered????
This is funny though,but morals is the best choice to make,skills can be learned and acquired but morals can't,so make your choice right,peace of mind or thug of war.

Skills and morals are both very important things. Whatever the business, if you are an expert in it, you can grow in it and earn your profit. If you want to grow in it, you must first search it thoroughly. If you want to get more profit in it you then you have to work hard for your business progress and you will get benefits.

Seriously, both of them are really important for a business to thrive successfully. If you have one and not the other, it's definitely going affect the business in bad way.

An ill mannered person can destroy all the wonderful things he has built with his skill in just one day. A well mannered person will be humble enough to learn and improve on the long run.

Skills and morals should go hand in hand. If one has skills which generates productivity in business but lack morals then he's dropped at that very point which makes his skills useless. Let your skills be surrounded by good morals

Skills will left you up but morals will make you shine like a diamond because everyone will look for you that will make you exceptional

having a good skills is great idea, but the skills won't be important if you don't have manners,in fact all that you do might be in vain,just have a good moral and skills follows.

If you should go for the one with good morals he or she may not be able to produce the result you need at the present but going with the skilled you'll start seeing the results immediately. What will happen to the both of them in the future is that they will both metamorphosed in morals in one way or the other.

Skill and morals are both important, they both work together in the business world. If you are skill but ill-manner you end up having no one buy your goods and services and vice versa with morals without skills is not balance also

Go for the intern with good manners since you said initially that both are qualified for the position. The intern can quickly be put through with the knowledge and skills required for the job and he or she can easily learn.

I think what you need in your businesses is more of the skill for the purpose of productivity. However, morals are also important so that it does not affect the skilled person's ability to do work. So look for a way of having both in your employee.

We have to look at it in so many different ways .skill can be learn within a longer period of time but not the same with moral... It is the best for you to go for something that is difficult to learn first because you can easily adjust your moral to fit into the demands of the business or company you are working for.

I will advise you to find something to do in which you can do to make unskilled to become skilled. The reason is that his good manner will go along way in customers retention.

Well everyone needs both to actually work effectively because they both need each other and to get skills you must have moral's and you must be self disciplined

I will advice you to just go for the one with good skills but lack good moral,you can be able to put him through, or teach him good moral,so that he can change.

We have to look at it in so many different ways .skill can be learn within a longer period of time but not the same with moral... It is the best for you to go for something that is difficult to learn first because you can easily adjust your moral to fit into the demands of the business or company you are working for.
I share same point of you , skills can be acquired against morals , bad people more likely will stay bad for long time and the same case with good people .

In this scenario, none of them is fit for your organization. You cannot leave one for one. There is no point in being skillful without moral neither there is justification to be morally right and not skillful. You can still try to get more applicants to ensure a better productivity.

You have to choose one that has both, you can't settle for less. A skilled intern with no manner will certainly spoil business for you. And an unskilled person with manners may attract customers at first but his/her incompetence will eventually turn them off.
Definitely true. At atleast one would have a little of the other feature. Good morals and skills must be attained before hiring a person not just one of them

Every workers needs both skill and morals to makes them whole and if we dont have the two combined together , then the owner of the company must choose skills over morals.

Every workers needs both skill and morals to makes them whole and if we dont have the two combined together , then the owner of the company must choose skills over morals.
Though I understand what you are saying but how long do you think the business would last if all the workers are rude. Yes they might have skills but if they do not know how to handle customers, they would end up driving them away. What do think?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds