Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Staff Work More Than They Are Paid?

Before a staff is employed the term rules regulations and conditions are spelt out,in most cases if a staff works more than the agreed time that’s overtime, and he or she will be paid for that.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is not bad if staffs work more than they are paid for. After all, staffs do enjoy more benefits in the company than the casual workers. The staffs in the company where I worked, usually collect production incentives and more. So, if they decide they should work more, they the staff should do.

It depends on individual decision to either work more than he is paid for or not. There are some manager who takes employees sacrifice as their responsibility there by making employees not wanting to work more than they are paid.

Your employees drive your business forward, so if their income impacts their stability in some way, that's going to impact their productivity. That means their salary is directly linked to your company's success.
Logically, therefore, you should pay your employees above-industry-average salaries. Here are seven reasons why doing so will boost your business output and actually decrease your costs:

The truth is most staff work more than their been paid, when you are talking on the remuneration if most staff, it's a bit lower comparing it with the work they perform, especially if that is their passion, you will discover that they put in more strength because that's what they love
Welcome to Nigeria where staff work triple of what they are being paid. The worst is going to a private school in Nigeria to teach. You will be doing the work of four to five teacher for the salary of half. Very annoying tradition that ought to be eradicated.

Good employees work more than they are paid, because they are not looking at the payment but for them to do what they think is right. Once, employers start looking at their pay, they won't work because most employers under pay their members of staff
[automerge]1612967971[/automerge]
Good employees work more than they are paid, because they are not looking at the payment but for them to do what they think is right. Once, employers start looking at their pay, they won't work because most employers under pay their members of staff

I think the best thing is to be working normally as you have capacity to work. No matter how the amount of salary you are receiving, make sure make your efforts and work with pure heart, even this can help you if the employer see as you are hardworking he can give you Promoting.

No you shouldn't be so. But in a country where you have more people looking for jobs than there are jobs available, companies take advantage of this and pay workers peanut to do jobs that are far bigger than their salaries.
My thought exactly. This companies leverage on the fact that if you quit your job, there are 10000 persons willing to drop an application letter with a CV that is even better than yours. The companies knows this, the staff knows this. This make staff to endure and keep working like that.

Staffs can not work more than what they are paying, it a staffs abuse which criminal offence but if the staff decide to do it by himself/herself, there is no problem about that. Moreso, the nature of the work may warrant doing extra work apart from what you o paying for but it should be once a while.

My thought exactly. This companies leverage on the fact that if you quit your job, there are 10000 persons willing to drop an application letter with a CV that is even better than yours. The companies knows this, the staff knows this. This make staff to endure and keep working like that.
Very true. Recently I was offered a ridiculous position in a hospitality management firm and the rhiring manager looked me dead in the eyes and said, "if you don't take this position we have thousands of people out there that will take it". In the end, I declined his offer.

Yes, a staff should be able to work more than he is required to if he was asked to by the company, such kind of work is mostly termed extra work and it will most times be paid for by the company. Aside working overtime, a staff should be able to put in more effort than he is required at work as this can lead to quick promotion at work.

I think it is evil to make staffs work more than they are paid to work. This is what happens in many poor countries where government doesn't help. Private employers take advantage of them and their conditions and it is bad.

The job description of every staff Is spelled out the moment he gets a job in any company. This is usually directly proportional to the pay he receives and his certifications. However, is it appropriate for any staff in any business or company to be working more than he gets paid. Can he volunteer to do more that what was designed for him to do?
I embrace and subscribe to the fact that when you are employed in a company you should work towards giving their best in that company. But one should not over work to avoid been taken for granted, i have seen this happen too many times where the employer takes their employees for granted because they put their all into the company or business

Very true. Recently I was offered a ridiculous position in a hospitality management firm and the rhiring manager looked me dead in the eyes and said, "if you don't take this position we have thousands of people out there that will take it". In the end, I declined his offer.
This is one major reason more and more people are looking into online job. Some online jobs pay better than this so called offer that companies and firms are really giving out now and days. At least you can work at your pace and earn way more than you think.

To the staff, the answer is no, but to his or her employer, the staff is suppose to work more and more than his pay. This is what they all want but are not ready to pay the equivalent money for the service rendered.

This is one major reason more and more people are looking into online job. Some online jobs pay better than this so called offer that companies and firms are really giving out now and days. At least you can work at your pace and earn way more than you think.
Very true. Take time to learn learn a high income skill and make good money working online. You can even apply to foreign companies and work remotely with them for a good salary. Earning in Dollars just got better.

attracting talent alone is not enough – once you’ve secured skilled employees, keeping them productive is vital to your long-t
Understanding what incentives will inspire people to take certain actions lies at the heart of economics – the idea that we respond to potential rewards being one of the fundamentals of the discipline. But the sub-discipline of behavioral economics has, since its emergence in the 1970s, modified the old assumption that people are rational – what motivates us is not as simple as the value of the reward, but can be affected by psychological factors, such as concepts of fairness, morals, or the context in which a reward is presented.

Some staff put more effort to a job given to them more than they are paid if you a staff work more than how they get paid I don't think is a bad idea it's just depend on how the employer shows them that he really appreciate all the work the have been doing. Some stars don't really mind they do the job given to them as if is their own personal business.

if the boss or whoever is hiring them is a kind person, then working for some few extra hours as a donation from them won't really hurt, otherwise, they have to get paid for their efforts because time is worth it

I strongly believe that workers cannot be paid equivalent to the work done, because most workers work more than the pay they get from their employers.
So if they are paid above it is not too much for them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds