Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Staff Work More Than They Are Paid?

One cannot equate the amount of work done to the amount being paid,though it is good to work overtime as an employee in order to get family liar with the company but not to the detriment of one's health,but if noticed that one Is being underpaid everytime it is better to stop working overtime

Advertisement Placeholder
It is the employees choice to decide whether he can accommodate more tasks at work if the said employee is passionate about the business but most cases when you work more than you are being paid you want to ask for a raise because money is like a motivation for work

It's depend on your attitude and behaviour towards your employees. If your behaviour is cool and you show sympathy with your employees then definitely thay work more then you pay.

The job description of every staff Is spelled out the moment he gets a job in any company. This is usually directly proportional to the pay he receives and his certifications. However, is it appropriate for any staff in any business or company to be working more than he gets paid. Can he volunteer to do more that what was designed for him to do?
In most cases where employees volunteered to work extra hour, you should understand that their is incentives attached. It is on rear occasion where employee work extra hour without expecting extra pay.
In some instances where employees are delegated some duties, in an attempt to convince his superior that he has got what it takes to move to the next level, there might be some element of him putting extra effort

I don't think it is proper to work more than your payment, I know at times the fault are not really from the workers but from the employers ,they always five people's job and give to two people to labour it.its really unfair.

yes staff work more than his salary.. its seen every where that the work of staff member is more than what he has paid. the team members decided the salary scale but not seen the work. he only seen qualification and experience..

As for me it's not right for a worker or staff to work more than they are paid only if the company going to be paying additional fees for such staff because it's not right, why will they be using there head and if am in the staff position I will rather resign from such company trying to do such with me only on one condition by paying me extra charges and it's going to be per hour I work

My orientation with employment regarding the work is for the employee to work during the designated working hours. If the work schedule is 8 am to 5 pm then there is no need to work beyond those time. If the employer would expect the employee to work more then that is not a good unwritten policy because it can be construed as abuse of authority. Always treat the employee as a human who also needs rest.

Yes a staff can decide to work more than what is being paid it might be stressful but all this effort will be rewarded if not in the same company recommendation can even come from other people that have seen what he or she has done. This type of effort /hardwork prepare someone for a greater opportunity

Actually man will always be man, making people work mpre than what they earn is actually no too goos as they feel cheated, but it depends, if the pay is very much satisfactory and the is not unbearable you can do that, but make toue employee are well taken care off. An employee will work well when his happy on his Job

That depends on the staff. Some staff might just like to o render free services which is very good cause not everything is money. Before a staff get signed into a business the staff needs to be cautious of the nature of work, the payment of a staff should balance with the work.

The job description of every staff Is spelled out the moment he gets a job in any company. This is usually directly proportional to the pay he receives and his certifications. However, is it appropriate for any staff in any business or company to be working more than he gets paid. Can he volunteer to do more that what was designed for him to do?
It is not, but you have to give your best to whatever task you are being assigned to do. I have also worked in a place where they want me to be their customer service representative and I got there to be CSR, Media Manager, and Content Writer.

He can volunteer, if he is willing. Although the cases I see where employees work beyond their calling gets more or less abused by it. Doesn't happen to everyone, just some cases I personally know. It is sad. But working beyond your job description helps the company.

One thing about doing the work that is outside your job description is that it is likely to give you the opportunity to get promoted at work. When the owner of the company sees that you are putting extra effort to make the business get better, you are definitely going to be rewarded.

Yes a staff can decide to work more than what is being paid it might be stressful but all this effort will be rewarded if not in the same company recommendation can even come from other people that have seen what he or she has done. This type of effort /hardwork prepare someone for a greater opportunity
Yes, if we give handsome salary to our staff then they should work with hard working and day and night and the do work with great effort and your business become more successful but if you not give handsome salary to your staff then they did not work properly and your business not more successful.

This topic or question can have different opinion, but once u are employed in any company or so their is surely a task for each employee and you are been payed for this task so i dont think it is necessary working outsides your task unless their is payement included

Global Productivity Challenge

It has long been known that high employee engagement leads to high productivity, and a recent Gallup poll found that high-quarter teams are 21% short of productivity for employee engagement.

It is not right for workers to work more than they are paid. But sadly that is the situation in countries with poor labour laws and high rate of unemployment. People find themselves overworking and collecting poor salary.

The job timings are already tough and why do anyone want to work more then he get paid. No body in the world will do this. You should work according to your task assign and according to job requirements. You need not to be efficient to do extra work for which you will get nothing.

Staff are expected to work with all dedication and be hardworking. Though there is expected to be times when there will be need for overtime inorder to meet up with certain goals but reasonably they are not expected to overwork themselves.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds