Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Staff Work More Than They Are Paid?

Nobody should be doing that another fellow man simply because you can make them work for more time for a small pay. That is exploitation that is not acceptable but we see it happening every day in our society don't we?

Advertisement Placeholder
Every worker lately works more just to get paid more, that is why they put in more work, do more than their work and do shifts just to earn more
Some small factories here are taking advantage of their workers. They make them work an extra 30 minutes for free. However, the compensation is not in money but in snacks which I think is good enough. But making your workers do an hour or 2 of extra work with no pay is immoral and illegal.

It is not bad if a staff work more than he is paid for but it is not compulsory to work more than what you are been paid for if the business does not demands for it.

No way. That is slavery, if anything staff should be paid more than they work. An happy staff can only give rise to increase productivity. I'm against that

Nobody should be doing that another fellow man simply because you can make them work for more time for a small pay. That is exploitation that is not acceptable but we see it happening every day in our society don't we?
It is not good for any staff to work more than he or she is being paid you should work according to what you are paid and if you work more than what you have been paid that is enslaving yourself.

Personally to me it is improper to work beyond time frame,and it is also improper to work higher than your pay,every human deserve rest

It's actually individual, if a staff chooses to work more than the pay. The obtainable here is work as you are paid.

It is not fair for an employee to work overtime and not get paid for it. I heard a conversation in a morning show today and the lawyer guest was teaching people that you can actually sue the company for overworking you. You will get compensated if you take the case to a court.

No it is not advisable for people to work more than how they are being paid everything should be balance so that employee will not distress. Overworking can lead to stress and other health-related problem.

The job description of every staff Is spelled out the moment he gets a job in any company. This is usually directly proportional to the pay he receives and his certifications. However, is it appropriate for any staff in any business or company to be working more than he gets paid. Can he volunteer to do more that what was designed for him to do?
People can volunteer to do more than they are paid.
In the organisation where I work, we work more than we are paid to.
Our saving grace is that, once the closing time reaches, everyone carries their lugs and say their good-byes.

This is where equity and inequity plays a major role. When workers feel that their input is greater than their output, then there'll be a decline in productivity.

Too much of anything is terrible, and I don't believe that employees should work longer hours than they are paid for. If you work a normal schedule and shut on time, it's not good, and if you start doing extra work that you aren't being paid for, it's not good.

This is a very sensitive issue. Staff should try and finish tasks assigned to them within the time frame or working hours. They should avoid workplace stress but that doesn't mean they should abandon their tasks once closing time reaches.
[automerge]1637059156[/automerge]
This is a very sensitive issue. Staff should try and finish tasks assigned to them within the time frame or working hours. They should avoid workplace stress but that doesn't mean they should abandon their tasks once closing time reaches.

No, I dont advised this because it is an exploitation, this is what is happening in most African countries because of the high level of unemployment and in this case a lot of employers are using this opportunity to exploit a lot of people. it is not the best

The job description of every staff Is spelled out the moment he gets a job in any company. This is usually directly proportional to the pay he receives and his certifications. However, is it appropriate for any staff in any business or company to be working more than he gets paid. Can he volunteer to do more that what was designed for him to do?
That is the decision of the staff to make.
personally, i cannot work more than i am paid.
If work closes at 4pm, at exactly that time, am heading home.

It really depends on how the top dogs at the business view things. If they're looking to promote people then it's good to go above and beyond but if it's hard to get promoted then you're pretty much giving away your energy for free. Plus the downside is that the boss might think you're not getting your actual work done if you're trying to do other things and reprimand you, giving you a poor performance rating. It's very possible for that to happen.

This is a decision left for the employee, if one chooses to work more than he is being paid then so be it but personally if u feel that the pay is too low for the job executed monthly, I have no option but to leave the job for something better.

This is never acceptable, to me it's a form of slavery and no body should ever be put in that condition. A person must earn According to how he works

This is where equity and inequity plays a major role. When workers feel that their input is greater than their output, then there'll be a decline in productivity.
That is basically what has been going on. Employees tend to work more than they are being paid.
The input exerted into a task does not match the output in terms of payment.
This is what drains the motivation of most workers.

If you are just new today workplace or the nature of the work, it'll be good to spend extra hours in the workplace. the reason is that you will get familiar with the process of how the work is being done more quickly. Also there is another advantage of do more than what is your view in the workplace. You will gain the respect of the employer when you you go extra mile in your work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds