Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Staff Work More Than They Are Paid?

I believe that everybody in an organisation should be working to achieve a similar goal and might go beyond sometimes. This does not mean that employees should be working outside their job description.

Advertisement Placeholder
No employee should be allowed to work more than they are being paid because that is a pure exploitation. Every jobs and responsibilities carried out by employees should be paid accordingly

I do not encourage working more than you are being paid. Some business organisation and companies will always like to take advantage of their employees. This is bad. I believe there should be strict law against this.

I think that they should do so only if there is a need for it, for example if they have to take care of essential things in the work's place and their time is already ended (their daily hours) but it is still need to be done, the they should do it anyway because they are the staff and they are responsible for that. But they shouldn't be doing such things always and everyday because then it would be too much for them and can disturb their lives, yes they are the staff and they are supposed to take care of things although their time in the work has ended but yet they are humans and not robots, they should contribute more hours when they are needed and more than regular employees, but yet not to a point where it loads on them and disturb them.

I do not encourage working more than you are being paid. Some business organisation and companies will always like to take advantage of their employees. This is bad. I believe there should be strict law against this.
Look you are right that it is not fair for the workers, but yet you cannot sue every work that you are working for because then even if you get money and win them in the courts, they will still fire you and then you lose your job, and because many companies and businesses do that thing and ask from their staff to contribute more hours, you will be suing so many companies that you won't have a job because they will all fire you. Technically you can sue many companies and yes indeed you can win many cases in the court, but yet you lose your job and that is not good. This world is not fair but sometimes we must accept unfair things for ourselves and ourselves only.

I will never work more than i'm paid and therefore, i will never give anyone advise to do so. As someone that really wants to achieve great things you should value your time and do things that will only give you profit for your time.

If you have a very good value and skill that would make you not to be dependent on a particular business or employee.

I think that everything is supposed to go equally. Every job is supposed to come with a job description and as such you are supposed to do exactly what is there and you should bring negotiate if they want you to go outside that.

It could be termed as enslavery if a staff keeps working more than the scope of his duties. The duty to carry out by each staffs are spelled out in the employment requirements .

Well, sometimes it depends but it's not legally advisable to over worked your staffs more than they are paid and in an advance countries, such may be considered as an offence.

I see no reason why an employee would work more than they are paid. Although, in some cases, you could sacrifice some certain things for the company you are working for but your activities in the company would be slated in your employment letter.

It all depends on the country and maybe company you are working with. There are people who through working hard more there salaries they got promote after then, there start paying them well.

I am strongly against this! Staff shouldn't work more than they are paid. I see this to be cheating and if possible should be completely eradicated. Some employers are very greedy, they don't want to pay for the services rendered but.

In some countries it's against the law though sometimes it depends in our location buy in my country, the capitalist felt it's there duty to work not regarding how much they are being paid.

Here in my country , a staff normally do overwork and the management doesn't care but a friend of mine told me that if you are working even as a cleaner in Europe and you are sweeping for example and the alarm rang the time for you to stop the day work , and you are about to pack the dirt , you must leave the packer down at the same spot, that the other workers relieving you will start where you stopped.

No , this should not be encouraged. It is the responsibilities of an employees to know when the responsibility is too much compared to the amount of money paid. The unemployment rate is even making this worse.

It is very possible for the staff to work more than he or she is paid,. provided that the company would treat the employee well. The aim of the employee is for the company to flourish.

Global Productivity Challenge

It has long been known that high employee engagement leads to high productivity, and a recent Gallup poll found that high-quarter teams are 21% short of productivity for employee engagement.
Is not really good for staff to work more than what they paid, I know they are some staff who worked more than what them paid they, especially when you work at private section you can work more than what you can get.

It is very possible for the staff to work more than he or she is paid,. provided that the company would treat the employee well. The aim of the employee is for the company to flourish.
Working in a good , secured and a conducive working environment where the owner of the companies treat employees better , that alone is a motivation and will makes the workers work more than they are being paid.

It does not make sense to work more than you are paid. if I get a job in a business organisation I will actually do my work very well but I will not work extra hours. I value my time and I use my time to do things that would fetch me money.

Working in a good , secured and a conducive working environment where the owner of the companies treat employees better , that alone is a motivation and will makes the workers work more than they are being paid.
It is very correct that the condition of work largely determine whether the staff would be willing to work more than the amount he or she is paid. It also depends on how the boss treat the employees.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds