Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Staff Work More Than They Are Paid?

The job description of every staff Is spelled out the moment he gets a job in any company. This is usually directly proportional to the pay he receives and his certifications. However, is it appropriate for any staff in any business or company to be working more than he gets paid. Can he volunteer to do more that what was designed for him to do?
It will be beneficial to put in more time at work if you have just started at that workplace.
The rationale is that you will become more accustomed to the work's methodology more rapidly.
Doing more than what you think is appropriate at work has another benefit.
Going above and above at work will earn you the respect of your employer.

Advertisement Placeholder
No you shouldn't be so. But in a country where you have more people looking for jobs than there are jobs available, companies take advantage of this and pay workers peanut to do jobs that are far bigger than their salaries.
I don't really think that it's good to work more than what you earn from the job, because there is some company who doesn't like their workers to work more than what them paid.

I don't really think that it's good to work more than what you earn from the job, because there is some company who doesn't like their workers to work more than what them paid.
It really happens here in my country where workers work extra Time but are given their normal salary If not even deduct from their normal salary but in the foreign country , you will be paid for your extra work .

It really happens here in my country where workers work extra Time but are given their normal salary If not even deduct from their normal salary but in the foreign country , you will be paid for your extra work .
If can ask, which country are you from that one can worked more than what he or she can receive, I know sometimes are normal because some people worked more than what them earned.

The job description of every staff Is spelled out the moment he gets a job in any company. This is usually directly proportional to the pay he receives and his certifications. However, is it appropriate for any staff in any business or company to be working more than he gets paid. Can he volunteer to do more that what was designed for him to do?
It depends from person to person, I know some people who are very honest to their jobs and they do more than they get paid but some people don't even work for their salaries.

Because it states that a man who is diligent in his work will stand before the king and not in front of unkind men, employees of the corporation are expected to work above what is required of them. You create other people's businesses in the same manner that others will build yours.

Numerous studies have shown that greater salaries encourage more qualified candidates to apply for open positions. Furthermore, the first company to raise pay is more likely to draw in and keep highly productive personnel. Lower turnover results from higher compensation, which lowers the expense of recruiting and onboarding new employees.

Both employers and employees benefit from equal pay programs. Not only are these guidelines required in most states, but they are also necessary to provide equal opportunity and fair compensation to employees of all kinds

Definitely No, thats the reason why we are having modern day slavery where the employers are giving their employee peanuts as salary and still over working them everyday which is bad .

Working more than you are paid is not the best. That is why even when we have to get employment in any organisation , we have to consider the working hour as that is the Major determinant of the salary we are going to get.

No that is exploitation . The payments any organisation is paying his or her employees must worth the stress of the amount of work they are doing. I wouldn't want to work in situation in which my payment is less compared to what I do.

I don't think so but sometimes it depends on personal convictions. There are some people who may be very much passionate about a particular job and they can actually work more than they are paid even without feeling it.
I don't think so but sometimes it depends on personal convictions. There are some people who may be very much passionate about a particular job and they can actually work more than they are paid even without feeling it.

Staff should not work more than the amount of money being paid. That's called modern day slavery and exploitation which is a very bad act on the side of the owner of the business.

It is generally not appropriate for staff to work more than they are paid for. If staff are expected to work additional hours, they should be compensated for their time. It is important for employers to be fair and respectful of their employees' time, and to ensure that they are fairly compensated for the work they do.

There is a particular rule that is regarding renumeration in workplace. You have to be very intentional about it and you should always ensure that everybody is paid depending on their input to the organisation to keep morale up.

Your behavior and attitude toward your staff will determine how things turn out. Employees will undoubtedly put in more labor than you are paid if you act professionally and with compassion for them.

If staff works more they are being paid , that means they are being overworked which does not work with the the rule of ethics of work , even if a worker must over work , they must be paid for that particular period of time .

Thus question is infact making me sick. Why would you underpay someone in the first place or even have that thought? This is something that very common around there but it's not right.

In general, employees shouldn't be required to work beyond what they are paid to do. Companies are expected to pay employees for all hours worked, so it's crucial to make sure everyone is treated properly and compensated for their efforts. Additionally, there are rules that govern working hours and overtime pay in many nations, and businesses are required to abide by them.

A statf's workload should equate favourably with the pay. I know that in reality, it doesn't always equate. The point where a staff is given so much workload that she goes home completely exhausted, it's not worth it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds