Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Rural area business

Starting a business in the rural area with less population of people will see your productivity on a reduced rate. You can't make enough sales even if its a restaurant business or livestock business. You need to rear the livestock in the rural side then market in the urban side to make enough sales.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are some businesses that does well in rural areas and there are also some that does well in urban areas. In my country cassava business is open early done in rural areas and they are transported to urban areas for sale.

There is no particular business for all rural areas, you will have to move or go around the village to know the types of businesses that thrives better in the village. You can ask the locals the businesses they think people will patronise at all time.

I went to th village few weeks ago and I had the chance to meet my old time friends. We discussed alot about the previous years and how life has been in the village.

One of my friends came seeking for advise on which business to start up in the village that is different from grocery store and selling farm product. I couldn't answer him cos I can't think of a better business opportunity than those he mentioned.

Can anyone help me on which business he can venture into apart from grocery store and selling farm product in the rural area.
The only business opportunity you can find in a village apart from farming produce and grocery store is buying land as an estate management, you can buy land and wait for sometime and later sell the land at a higher price.
[automerge]1620833135[/automerge]
I went to th village few weeks ago and I had the chance to meet my old time friends. We discussed alot about the previous years and how life has been in the village.

One of my friends came seeking for advise on which business to start up in the village that is different from grocery store and selling farm product. I couldn't answer him cos I can't think of a better business opportunity than those he mentioned.

Can anyone help me on which business he can venture into apart from grocery store and selling farm product in the rural area.
The only business opportunity you can find in a village apart from farming produce and grocery store is buying land as an estate management, you can buy land and wait for sometime and later sell the land at a higher price.

I can say to give advice that you should tell your friend to go and learn barbing, if he has skills of barbing and open saloon i assure that he will able to generate money from there.

Most of the barbers in my city belong to the rural areas of my country. They migrate to the city to earn money by working in barber shops. I am not sure where they learn their skills but they earn a good amount of money in the city as compared to rural areas. I am not sure about how businesses work in rural areas, as I have never visited one.

As small scaled as it may look, village business can be lucrative, first in the fact that it has less competition compared to the urban kind of business, and scarcity can really fetch money in the rural centres

I think it's best to look around such areas and determine for yourself what you think they lack but would need, it's better than just thinking of what would do well but either look up things that would be needed

Most of my business models are one that require population and as such rural areas do not offer that type of number so I just use them mainly as production sites.

Do you just wait to make money from businesses that are run in rural areas is for you to practice Monopoly such that you control the market because the population is usually little compare to Urban area

The village in my country is mostly consisting of farmers who fa in a small scale so I think you should focus on how to transport such goods to where they would sell.

Hmm... I don't know of which country our location your friend is staying, but one of the best way to know which kind of business to start up is looking for common problem in the village and he solving it.

The village in my country is mostly consisting of farmers who fa in a small scale so I think you should focus on how to transport such goods to where they would sell.
I love to be in the rural area that you mentioned. Maybe I can buy land and try my hand in investing on crops. For the harvest it is better if I would have my own transport vehicle so that I could also help the other farmers in the area. It is my dream to retire in the countryside with a farm by the side.

Tho some might say businesses in rural areas are limited to some extent. Make a research or survey find out what people make use of more in that area, or if you want to do something new, check out the things people usually travel to the nearest town to buy. You can start selling does things as a wholesaler, so they can come to you and wount have to travel

getting a supermarket in the village is better and with the supermarket there are some things you don't really have to sell because they may not be able to afford it, you'll have to sell consumable products and not expensive products.

I think selling agriculture tools, seeds and everything related to farming can be really good for rural business. That's because most of the people in rural areas do farming.

It is not all businesses are bad to be established in the rural areas. In fact, some businesses thrives better in the rural areas than urban centres. All you need to do is to do a good research about the best location for a business before you venture it.

But those are the things that the village people are likely to need and want, so why doesn't he go with those? Your friend is also best placed to determine what can work for the people there because he knows the area, the people, what gaps exist in the market that he can exploit etc. Without knowing how far advanced the people in your friend's village are, it's kind of hard to make a suggestion. If at least we knew the type of demography we're dealing with here, we'd have something to work with.
I think there is no way that his friend will be able to know all those things about the area without him taking out a business feasibility studies on the business that he want to start because in this way this is the only way you'll be able to know the demand for his potential business.

Bread is the most consumable product here in Africa and the world at large, even in the rural area starting a bread manufacturing company is one of the best because people will always like to buy it from you directly and you will make a lot of money

Selling of electronic phone device such as charger, phone case and others might be one of the most profitable business you can start in the rural area, phone charging business is also profitable there especially in Africa.

But those are the things that the village people are likely to need and want, so why doesn't he go with those? Your friend is also best placed to determine what can work for the people there because he knows the area, the people, what gaps exist in the market that he can exploit etc. Without knowing how far advanced the people in your friend's village are, it's kind of hard to make a suggestion. If at least we knew the type of demography we're dealing with here, we'd have something to work with.
Most times business in rural area do well especially when you are into agricultural products people come from urban areas to the areas to buy agricultural products.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds