Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Rural area business

There are many businesses that can thrive in rural areas, people living in rural areas are not that financially buoyant so you have to consider the business that will suit their finances and income
That is actually spot on,i think areas have their own peculiarities that one can study and start providing services to them.If one can have some piece of land,one can look for what is lacking but very essential and start cultivating there and start being a major distributor there and even to the cities.

Advertisement Placeholder
I went to th village few weeks ago and I had the chance to meet my old time friends. We discussed alot about the previous years and how life has been in the village.

One of my friends came seeking for advise on which business to start up in the village that is different from grocery store and selling farm product. I couldn't answer him cos I can't think of a better business opportunity than those he mentioned.

Can anyone help me on which business he can venture into apart from grocery store and selling farm product in the rural area.
Some people make the mistake of looking down on rural area businesses but it is one of those businesses that are being sold with a lot of profit on like what is being done in the Urban cities.

I will advise you tell your fried to start doing delivery business. This business will fetch him a lot of profit. But he will have to get a car or motor cycle for the delivery system. And you can start the business together if you wish, because you never can tell what will be the outcome of the business.

I think one business that one can get to do in the rural areas that would sell would be provision of health services or associated niche since they're mostly far from these kind of services.

Since everybody eat both in the rural and the Urban settlement, going into a business of selling provision will be profitable but your friend has to be careful because most people will always like to get products on credit over there.

Rural area business can be profitable provided you are ready to venture into either cassava processing plant to make ethanol or poultry keeping for eggs production or for the meat production.

Rural area business can be profitable provided you are ready to venture into either cassava processing plant to make ethanol or poultry keeping for eggs production or for the meat production.
I had studied the planting of crops and livestock in the rural area. The main issue that I find there is the transporting of the farm goods to the market. The traders buy the harvest and the farmers cannot dictate their price otherwise their harvest will not get to the market. It is a bad system that the farms are suffering with the low value of their products.

I don't really know of any business that can be done in the rural settlements, except maybe to sell provisions because people they are likely to buy from you.. you can also engage in farming activities that is all , I don't really know much about the village.

I don't really know of any business that can be done in the rural settlements, except maybe to sell provisions because people they are likely to buy from you.. you can also engage in farming activities that is all , I don't really know much about the village.
You van actually start a farming business in the rural area settlement ,you can start poultry and pigery and fishery business and bring it to the urban settlement for proper sale.

It can be very difficult to achieve a lot of things when you set up a business in the rural area. Funny is the only thing people know in the rural area and they are living for the next day. They are able to provide some of the basic things they need for themselves.

I think the best would be to study the environment before starting the business. During my service year, I was sent to an rural area, and I noticed they had to travel for almost two hours just to reach the nearest main market. In such a place, you can start up a shop that sells most of these things they buy outside the community.

I think the best would be to study the environment before starting the business. During my service year, I was sent to an rural area, and I noticed they had to travel for almost two hours just to reach the nearest main market. In such a place, you can start up a shop that sells most of these things they buy outside the community.
That was a very wise thing to do. I can also imagine siting a POS outlet in a rural area since most of the financial institutions and banks are located far away from rural areas.

In the rural area the environment is very important. With the culture you should also be aware if the people have superstitions or if there is activism in the population. My uncle had the experience of buying a fish pond in a rural area that later he sold it because the local workers were stealing his fish harvest.

You van actually start a farming business in the rural area settlement ,you can start poultry and pigery and fishery business and bring it to the urban settlement for proper sale.
Those are nice business idea no doubt but I won't liKe to engage in a pigery business for no reason because of the bad smell, some people said that the Bad smell can be eradicated with proper care and attention but I don't think this is really possible.

That was a very wise thing to do. I can also imagine siting a POS outlet in a rural area since most of the financial institutions and banks are located far away from rural areas.
good one, this would save them the trouble of traveling just to make a simple transaction such as withdrawals or even paying in money or sending money to others.

good one, this would save them the trouble of traveling just to make a simple transaction such as withdrawals or even paying in money or sending money to others.
Yes that is really the essence of it. With time, you could expand the business to include a little Merchant banking or acting like an agent for the rural people who want to open back accounts.

Yes that is really the essence of it. With time, you could expand the business to include a little Merchant banking or acting like an agent for the rural people who want to open back accounts.
Like I remember during my service year, where I was posted to was actually a rural setup, I had to travel to the next town just to make use of the ATM machine. But there was a man there where would could send money to his account and he would give us cash, he really saved us from the trouble of spending much on transportation.

Like I remember during my service year, where I was posted to was actually a rural setup, I had to travel to the next town just to make use of the ATM machine. But there was a man there where would could send money to his account and he would give us cash, he really saved us from the trouble of spending much on transportation.
I can imagine the stress of having to go long distances just to obtain cash. I'm just surprised the man didn't demand a fee before agreeing to help you guys with cash back then.

I can imagine the stress of having to go long distances just to obtain cash. I'm just surprised the man didn't demand a fee before agreeing to help you guys with cash back then.
Yes it was indeed stressful, imagine you want to make a withdrawal of just 3,000 naira, you would have to spend up to a thousand naira just on transportation. At first he was actually taking charges from us but later on I guess he had pity on us.

There are many businesses that can thrive in rural areas, people living in rural areas are not that financially buoyant so you have to consider the business that will suit their finances and income.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds