Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Renting An Office As A Freelancer

I would not be a bad thing to do.
Working from your office rather from the comfort of your home would reduce likable distractions. At your office, you tend to concentrate more and meet targets.
Yes I believe working from an office would to reduce distractions and help you focus on the business. However, it will increase the cost of running the business because you would have to pay for rent.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't think a freelancer renting an office is economically necessary. You can work anywhere you are comfortable in. Of one wants to rent, there's no problem with that though

Renting an office as a freelancer is not a bad idea. Because if you have a very difficult time focusing at home. Let’s face it, we start procrastinating by doing laundry or cooking. Or, we get distracted by family members. If you’re one of these people, you may want to consider looking into getting some office space.

Some businesses needs an office as I saw in the movie industry. A movie producer would rent an office for 3 to 4 months for the duration of the filming and showing of the movie. The office is usually the meeting place of the production people and that's also where they are paid their wages.

Renting an office is more preferable cause most of your company's vital information will be kept in a safe place, Also an office is a good place in which business talk and transactions can be discussed privately and freely.

If I am working online I will not have to rent an office because that is just another extra financial stress , I can decide to do everything at home in a separate rooms. Obviously I will need an office if I am doing an offline freelancing.

As a freelancer, I don't see the need to rent an office. You can always set aside one room in your home as your office. I think the only reasonable reason you can rent an office as a freelancer is if you want to go into training people to know how to do what you do.

Have you considered renting out an office as a freelancer? Do you think working from home creates too many distractions?
People have things that make them to perform optimally,and that varies among different person,i personally do not really like the issue of staying at home to do my job,because of the distraction.

People have things that make them to perform optimally,and that varies among different person,i personally do not really like the issue of staying at home to do my job,because of the distraction.
I understand your point. Different people have different methods that works for them when it comes to work practices so it is not entirely wrong for a freelancer to let out his working space.

Renting a shop or an office to work as a freelancer is better that working at home, because you will get a lot of attention and distractions from your wife, children and neighbours at home, and you won't be free to work.

The main issue is that many freelancers do not even need an office and having an office would only increase expenses in the end. This is why many freelancers would opt to work at home.

I understand your point. Different people have different methods that works for them when it comes to work practices so it is not entirely wrong for a freelancer to let out his working space.
I personally knows the type of environment that i can perform optimally and the one that can really slow me down with lots of distractions,being in a serene environment usually brings out the creative side of me.

Personally, if you are freelancing you can stay at the comfort of your home and make your money. Renting an office is actually a waste of time for me but if your environment is too unconducive you can consider that option.

I personally knows the type of environment that i can perform optimally and the one that can really slow me down with lots of distractions,being in a serene environment usually brings out the creative side of me.
Definitely, your environment can determine if you will be successful or not. If you are in a noisy environment you will hardly focus and as such it will not really make something tangible online. But if you are in a good environment it is quite easier.

Definitely, your environment can determine if you will be successful or not. If you are in a noisy environment you will hardly focus and as such it will not really make something tangible online. But if you are in a good environment it is quite easier.
I could remember when i was doing an online job and running it with an online course,i just knew that staying at home will not give me the maximum concentration,i have to look for a serene environment to focus.

I could remember when i was doing an online job and running it with an online course,i just knew that staying at home will not give me the maximum concentration,i have to look for a serene environment to focus.
Looking for an environment that will give you maximum concentration is very important when you are doing any business. If you are in an uncomfortable environment you may not be able to achieve maximum result on the long run.

Yes I believe working from an office would to reduce distractions and help you focus on the business. However, it will increase the cost of running the business because you would have to pay for rent.

Renting place may incur more expenses in the end. This is why many people try their best to work at home. Why would I need an office when I can do work at home?

Renting place may incur more expenses in the end. This is why many people try their best to work at home. Why would I need an office when I can do work at home?
This is probably a very good advice. if you are a freelancer it is better to stay at the comfort of your home and make your money. When you rent a space you'll probably be paying for it.

This is probably a very good advice. if you are a freelancer it is better to stay at the comfort of your home and make your money. When you rent a space you'll probably be paying for it.

I have been working from home for a long time now. I can also work in my Uncle's office if I want. However, I prefer to work in home because I have my computer set up at home. However, soon I will be working online at my office because I love going to my uncle's office.

I have been working from home for a long time now. I can also work in my Uncle's office if I want. However, I prefer to work in home because I have my computer set up at home. However, soon I will be working online at my office because I love going to my uncle's office.
That is very cool for you. if I see a particular environment whereby I will be working online, I will even like it more. But presently I have no other option but working at home is also cool.

You have made a very good point here. It is more cost effective and it is little surprise why more people prefer to work from home as compared to renting an office or workstation elsewhere.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds