Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Renting An Office As A Freelancer

Well, concerning your question in the post above on if renting out an office is good for a freelancer, well my take on the matter is that whether renting out an office as a freelancer is good or bad depends on you the individual

Advertisement Placeholder
I currently live alone, so I don't think I will experience any form of distraction when am working. Getting an office will be more expensive.

Yes there are a lot of distraction when you're working from home but even with that I still do not see the need for me to spend so much greeting getting an office, I can lock myself in a room and work inside.

Renting an office for freelancing is good it gives you an official mind in that space, unlike when working from home with lots of distraction.

I currently live alone, so I don't think I will experience any form of distraction when am working. Getting an office will be more expensive.
The destruction can be of any form. Like too much of noise from the neighbours can also affect the online business hours. Obviously getting in office will be more expensive and that is actually a very advanced stage of business.

Yes there are a lot of distractions working from home, because when you are at home you will want to pause and do some other things before you get back to what you're doing initially or it could be disturbances from other people in that house with you, so if you want 100% concentration, you can consider renting an office.

Well, this is something that has been experienced by me, too. I often get distracted at home sometimes while working online but I still manage to work online. They key here is to manage you time accordingly and not get involved in any other time when working online.

To be sincere working from home can be distracting at times, especially if you have small kids who would always come to disturb you. But if the cost of renting an office space cannot be paid for by your earnings it is better to hold off on that till your start earning big.

Have you considered renting out an office as a freelancer? Do you think working from home creates too many distractions?
Working from home can be a distraction if you have lots of family members around. It can be very difficult to concentrate. It will be a good move to rent an office outside so as you concentrate on the job.

There is no need to rent an office outside if you have little or no destruction at home.

I'm not really into online or freelancing full time. However, had it been I'm into it full time I would have considered it because working at home can really cause a lot of distraction while working for clients

I have my own home office in the corner of our living room which gives me privacy. Maybe even if I will be earning a big online income it is best to just use my home office for convenience and frugality. Some others I know have the laptop and that's enough that they do online work right in the bedroom.

I used to work as a freelancer for content mills, and I have never felt distraction. If I ever rent an office, I would be paying a lot of money and this way I will be earning less money. So I would not rent an office and I would prefer working from the comfort of my own home and many freelancers do this, actually.
Most freelancer rent offices where they do their work but others may use their home or their comfort zone as your office but I will prefer you using your home than actually having an office outside your home.

Most freelancer rent offices where they do their work but others may use their home or their comfort zone as your office but I will prefer you using your home than actually having an office outside your home.

Basically, freelancingh is indeed a home-based job. But there are some companies that require employees to come at office to work. Most of the freelancing company do not have a big office and they require us to work at home most of the time.

I have my own home office in the corner of our living room which gives me privacy. Maybe even if I will be earning a big online income it is best to just use my home office for convenience and frugality. Some others I know have the laptop and that's enough that they do online work right in the bedroom.
Well to me ,I do not see the need for me to have an office as a freelancer because I can easily work at home when I have a separate room just as you said, but generally I'm not always disturbed.

When I had a job, I used to go to my workplace. However, after I lost my job, and I started working from home. When I started working from home, I understood it is really hard to work because there are a lot of distractions and a lot of people do not actually think you are working. I think renting an office is a good option for freelancers.
I believe the best way for anyone to do anything Lansing job is by doing it at the convenience of your own and even if you need any devices to do it then you can purchase all these devices and put them in your house rather than going out to rent a shop.

Renting a place to avoid distractions as a freelancer is actually a wise thing to do but that is not something that I am going to particularly do as an individual because I believe there are better options.

Renting a place to avoid distractions as a freelancer is actually a wise thing to do but that is not something that I am going to particularly do as an individual because I believe there are better options.
I completely agree with you that's renting a place to avoid distraction as a freelancer is actually a good idea but it definitely not the best idea as it will lead to you in curing more expensive than you are normally supposed to in kill as a freelancer.

Personally I don't think it serves as too much distraction. There are rules that you can put in place when working at home to help prevent disturbance. Like no one is allowed to go into your work space from a particular time to another etc

Personally I don't think it serves as too much distraction. There are rules that you can put in place when working at home to help prevent disturbance. Like no one is allowed to go into your work space from a particular time to another etc
I completely agree with you that working at home does not mean that you will get distracted at home because there are some things that you can put in place that will prevent any form of destruction for you like switching off the TV telling the children to go out or some other little stuff that you can put in place to prevent any form of distraction while you are working at home.

When I had a job, I used to go to my workplace. However, after I lost my job, and I started working from home. When I started working from home, I understood it is really hard to work because there are a lot of distractions and a lot of people do not actually think you are working. I think renting an office is a good option for freelancers.
This might be a very good option though,because staying at home to do some jobs might give someone a little bit of distraction,if the person is not discipline.I do have an office where i do my offline job,i used that as well for most of my onlne work.

I completely agree with you that working at home does not mean that you will get distracted at home because there are some things that you can put in place that will prevent any form of destruction for you like switching off the TV telling the children to go out or some other little stuff that you can put in place to prevent any form of distraction while you are working at home.
True words, which is exactly why it is called a work space. Like my brother works from home most of the times. He has a personal room that is ment for his work. Once he goes in, no one else goes there to disturb him either untill he is out or he calls anyone in.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds