Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Over staffing

Overstaffing is not good for any business especially when the business is not making more profit this will help to draw the business or cause bankrupt for the business
It will most likely lead to the bankruptcy of the company, when it is unable to pay the amount of the employees. Generally, overpopulation of workers exists in governmental entities. In private companies there is more control!

Advertisement Placeholder
Well apart from overstaffing , most companies actually do that to reduce the huge workload of the business , some time they don't see it as overstaffing but in another way of sorting out things incase of emergency

These acts of nepotism is always found in the government agencies and employment processes. Here, you will see an entire line of generations of a particular family been given jobs and appointment even if there was no room for such
From what I have read in this thread, I can affirm that this situation is happening worldwide. Those who have high government positions, help to put family and friends on the payroll. Those who often don't work and don't show up at the supposed job sites, only take care of getting paid and swindling the nation.

I think if you have the financial capability, this will not be much of an Issue. It will also increase the amount of productivity, as people have lesser tasks.

I think if you have the financial capability, this will not be much of an Issue. It will also increase the amount of productivity, as people have lesser tasks.
When there is lesser work for the staff then that means they are overpaid. Overstaffing is an added expense in wages that is not necessary. You can save from that expense if your HR manager knows his job.

Well apart from overstaffing , most companies actually do that to reduce the huge workload of the business , some time they don't see it as overstaffing but in another way of sorting out things incase of emergency
Of course, in the case of companies, when they hire new personnel, it is for the purpose of reducing the workload on other employees, thus achieving greater productivity. Something different happens in government entities where there are ghost payrolls.

Over staffing is a big problem in many companies. Over staffing means having more staff than the company actually requires. Does anyone realize, some people create a vacancy in the company just to accommodate their relatives into the company? This kind of act creates over staffing.

Seriously, it's never really a good thing for you to understand your company as a business man because when you begin to cover the expenses that you're making you see that is not a good decision.

Of course, in the case of companies, when they hire new personnel, it is for the purpose of reducing the workload on other employees, thus achieving greater productivity. Something different happens in government entities where there are ghost payrolls.
Yeah mostly government jobs ,and most times the overstaffing makes it.hard to check the effectiveness of a particular staff on the designated job he or she is asked to do

Yeah mostly government jobs ,and most times the overstaffing makes it.hard to check the effectiveness of a particular staff on the designated job he or she is asked to do
You are right, when several people perform the same job because there is a lot of staff, it is difficult to evaluate the efficiency of the worker. However, when each person performs different functions, it is easier to make an evaluation.

Over staffing is a big problem in many companies. Over staffing means having more staff than the company actually requires. Does anyone realize, some people create a vacancy in the company just to accommodate their relatives into the company? This kind of act creates over staffing.
I have never seen any company that has this situation, rather most of them in my country do not have enough staff to answer their customers.

I have never seen any company that has this situation, rather most of them in my country do not have enough staff to answer their customers.
Hmmm if that's the case, then getting a job would not be an issue for the qualified ones and even the known qualified ones as well.

Hiring too much of stuff more than necessary can lead to financial problems for your company. This is the reason why you need to take measure of things going on in your company to see that you are not hiring more than you required.

Overstaffing is a very bad thing and it's more annoying because whoever is in charge is fully aware of it. Currently where I work I am being owed and the funny thing about it is it was due to over staffing and the painful part about it all was he called his HR and asked what she felt the problem was and the HR told him Office staff currently is his problem or is the company's problem.

Yes it's true that people create vacancy for friends and family in their organisation,but this usually happens in government entities.

You are right, when several people perform the same job because there is a lot of staff, it is difficult to evaluate the efficiency of the worker. However, when each person performs different functions, it is easier to make an evaluation.
Yeah atleast you would Know the worker effectiveness , who the company needs to lay out , who the company needs to promote and others. This is what is needed in most government jobs

Over staffing of workers in public sectors will result in ghost workers and these receive their monthly salary and bonuses if necessary just for doing nothing. A change in government will flush these workers and will employ her new set and the cycle continues.

Yeah atleast you would Know the worker effectiveness , who the company needs to lay out , who the company needs to promote and others. This is what is needed in most government jobs
I would say that in all government entities, it is the best way to carry out a true control of workers, who have well deserved a promotion. When there is an agglomeration of employees in a department exercising the same function, it is difficult to carry out the correct evacuation.
Over staffing of workers in public sectors will result in ghost workers and these receive their monthly salary and bonuses if necessary just for doing nothing. A change in government will flush these workers and will employ her new set and the cycle continues.

I would say that in all government entities, it is the best way to carry out a true control of workers, who have well deserved a promotion. When there is an agglomeration of employees in a department exercising the same function, it is difficult to carry out the correct evacuation.

You are right but the issue is that most government jobs are full of corrupts personell so they actually don't employ based on ability but through another means

You are right but the issue is that most government jobs are full of corrupts personell so they actually don't employ based on ability but through another means
Therefore, they do not take into account knowledge, efficiency and even experience. They are only interested in friends, family, and their references, and that's when many college graduates and skilled individuals seek employment and are sadly not given the job.

Therefore, they do not take into account knowledge, efficiency and even experience. They are only interested in friends, family, and their references, and that's when many college graduates and skilled individuals seek employment and are sadly not given the job.
Exactly they put back their families in those jobs ,so they would continue to benefit from the payroll , making things less effective and causing different issues too

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds