Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Over staffing

Here are 6 ways to help avoid overworking your employees.
1 - Monitor switches and picked up shifts. Unlike most jobs, shift work isn't a strict 5-day-a-week timeline. ...
2 - Use numbers to estimate. ...
3 - Avoid “clopening” shifts. ...
4 - Provide proper training. ...
5 - Mandate breaks. ...
6 - Check in, a lot.

Advertisement Placeholder
Here are 6 ways to help avoid overworking your employees.
1 - Monitor switches and picked up shifts. Unlike most jobs, shift work isn't a strict 5-day-a-week timeline. ...
2 - Use numbers to estimate. ...
3 - Avoid “clopening” shifts. ...
4 - Provide proper training. ...
5 - Mandate breaks. ...
6 - Check in, a lot.
overstaffing of the organisation is not good because it makes you to spend unnecessary money and also make workers to be lazy.

In reply to the question in your above post concerning overstaffing in a business, well I would say first of all that this is a very bad way to run a business as it indicates mismanagement from the part of the management and admin

This isn't an effective method to run a business. You find out that companies or government organisation that are overstaffed are regressive.

Over staffing is a very big problem in an organization it affect the business or organization in many way as their will be staff you are being paid but they are not doing nothing which will affect the organization financially
Any organization that has to many worker or staff and less job will make that organization not to be successful as it will spend more than what it receiving which may lead to the short down of the business
OverStaffing is common in a government work settings where people get an employment through slots and he was put in an office meant for just one person and a sit was created for the person thereby causing ovestaffing.

It is advisable to employ staff according to the financial strength of the business. Employing staff that the business will not be able to afford to pay will cause problems for the business. It is better to let some employees do overtime and get paid for it than employing more people who won't be paid for their services.

Before crowding the business or company we should always make sure, everything is up and running, like the budget can carry all the employees and their will be return for the company every month or annually. Their is no point over staffing when we can't meet up with their payment.

Overstaffing and understaffing are actually a big problems which is why it is good to have departments which would checking in to this kind of the situation.

I have noticed that over staffing is a kind of syndrome for big businesses. As profit grows there is a tendency to hire more people that sometimes the manpower is more than enough. In one big bank here the hiring passes through the eyes of the chairman and president. They review the table of organization of every department maybe to avoid over staffing.

Over staffing is quite bad and unprofitable for the business owner. He tends to make lose as there would be many resources that will be over utilized and thereby breaking down. Proper division of labour would avoid over staffing.

Over staffing is a big problem in many companies. Over staffing means having more staff than the company actually requires. Does anyone realize, some people create a vacancy in the company just to accommodate their relatives into the company? This kind of act creates over staffing.
overstaffing is a very big problem in many companies.there are much reasons of overstaffing and every company requires overstaff some people create different vacancies just to make overstaff and add different types of staff.

I can agree with you that over staffing in a company is a very big problem for the company and for the fact that you have identified that some people create vacancy for their family members in an organisation is quite common in my country.

Overstaffing in a business or an organisation is a very big problem that any organisation need to solve and for my business I will never allow over starting to become a problem as I will only employ staff that will contribute meaningfully to the organisation.

Having too much staff would be a waste to company resources, cause you have to pay for their wellbeing, and they would also be entitled to the privilege enjoyed by every staff when that money can be channeled to other areas to improve the organization

Over staffing is a big problem in many companies. Over staffing means having more staff than the company actually requires. Does anyone realize, some people create a vacancy in the company just to accommodate their relatives into the company? This kind of act creates over staffing.
I have seen lots of cases like this, whereby you see certain persons holding positions that is not actually relevant or needed in the organization at that point in time. In some cases they just create these extra offices with no one actually holding the position, just so they can get extra funds

Over staffing also causes low skilled people to be employed in the organization. Over staffing is a result of nepotism especially when the boss employs his people

I don’t think there’s any country without over staffing problem and it’s really affecting the economy of my country

I have heared of so many situations of many companies being under staffed but I have never hered of anything about being understaffed and I find it strange.

Over staffing does not only affect companies but it also affect the economy of most countries.Some people even set the profile of like 5 people working under him and he will collecting their salaries and in reality those staffs do not exist

When a business overstaffed her employees, it will create a big problem for the business generated income on a monthly basis as a huge part if not all will be used to pay employees salaries.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds