Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Over staffing

Over staffs is not something that is healthy to any company because it can bring down the company to it's knees more especially when there is only little work to do.

Advertisement Placeholder
Over staffing is a big problem in many companies. Over staffing means having more staff than the company actually requires. Does anyone realize, some people create a vacancy in the company just to accommodate their relatives into the company? This kind of act creates over staffing.
This is never good for any organisation because if you have to pay the people one day you will have to pay from your own salary, over staffing doesn't aid in company growth at all

If you start a business, then the staff is needed accordingly.over staffing is a big problem.If you keep more staff than you need for your business, then you can suffer loss in business.
Of course, and the truth is that it is very difficult to get excess staff in independent companies, if this happens it is very likely that they will declare bankruptcy. Such overstaffing is safer to get from government agencies.

There are many businesses that fall into this line and they are definitely new ones but I think as time goes on the way you know the number of staffs they need in order to make their business successful.

Over staffing can be a problem in an organization, same with under staffing. That is why we should do things in moderation, employ an efficient human resource manager, and he will get the best team and team number required to achieve the company's goals.

Over staffing can be a problem in an organization, same with under staffing. That is why we should do things in moderation, employ an efficient human resource manager, and he will get the best team and team number required to achieve the company's goals.
Excellent, I agree with you, the best solution to avoid overstaffing is with a good human resources manager. He/she should have knowledge of the departments and the need in each one of them.

Excellent, I agree with you, the best solution to avoid overstaffing is with a good human resources manager. He/she should have knowledge of the departments and the need in each one of them.
Yeah though on rare cases will you see over Staffing except the person that owns the business doesn't have knowledge about it or the time to manage it.

Though for a small size business,I don't think one can make that error of having too many staff working there. But it can still happen for some careless entrepreneurs. This is why you should know exactly what each staff duty is that you employe to be sure

When an organiaton does not actually have a business oriented mind and focus then things like this might likely occure.You should be able to know your work schedule and plan adequately for such position to be filled be competent hands and not unesessary accumulation of staff to drain resources.

Yeah though on rare cases will you see over Staffing except the person that owns the business doesn't have knowledge about it or the time to manage it.
Good administration is very necessary, if you do not have time you should hire someone to do it, since the lack of it creates an overpopulation of workers, which attracts more senseless expenses.

Good administration is very necessary, if you do not have time you should hire someone to do it, since the lack of it creates an overpopulation of workers, which attracts more senseless expenses.
Yeah, it is also very important that the owner of a business do self assessment of the activities of business even if he hire someone to take charge so the person won't be loosing.

Yeah, it is also very important that the owner of a business do self assessment of the activities of business even if he hire someone to take charge so the person won't be loosing.
You are right, if the owner intends to maintain his company with positive results, he must keep a close eye on it, especially when it comes to cash outflows, as is the case with the payment of employee salaries.

You are right, if the owner intends to maintain his company with positive results, he must keep a close eye on it, especially when it comes to cash outflows, as is the case with the payment of employee salaries.
Yeah because that is where financial discrepancies do exist and effect of over Staffing but if there is serious monitoring it will be limited and manageable.

Despite steps in a very relevant Factor in the growth and development of a business. Overstaffing can pose a very huge problem. Overstaffing comes with a lot of cost and maintenance of staff which sometimes we can just afford to keep. When it comes to productivity one might think that a lot of stuff will increase the level of productivity but the Converse is usually the case. The reason is when there a lot of stuff they tend to be laziness on the part of stars especially if their work is irrelevant. Cluttering of workplace is also a disadvantage of overstaffing.

Over staffing is the main issue that's causes break down In some private businesses , I know about a mechanic company which crumble because of not being able to settle the staff at the end of the month ..

When it comes to nepotism you cannot control that because I believe it is the privilege of the business owner or the manager who is fully trusted by the owner. We have to live with it even if we see that the relative of the owner is not doing a good performance on the job.
Spot on! There are some certain things we do not have control over and I think nepotism is one of them it depends on the owner of the business or any individual to make a stand on this trait

This is why every organization needs a human resources and financial manager to determine the best number of people for a job and how much would be sufficient for them.
If i had the opportunity of starting up my business, I would definitely employ the services of a human resource manager that will better manage the human resources in my organisation.

This is actually the first time that I am hearing that there are places that are having too much staff. Having too much stuff on its own and also have its own lease advantage.

Overstaffing might be a problem. There are certain companies that do require a lots of employees, however, due to a limited budget, they end up hiring a few people. This is one of the reasons why I believe that understaffing is a greater problem than overstaffing.

Yeah because that is where financial discrepancies do exist and effect of over Staffing but if there is serious monitoring it will be limited and manageable.
These cases generally occur in private companies, where there is constant supervision to avoid the loss of capital. In the case of governmental entities, corruption and embezzlement of national capital prevails.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds