Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it wrong for your boss to be your friend?

Its very much possible for your boss to be your friend, their is nothing bad there. If you're working hard, and you have good heart, your boss might pick you as a friend.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is even the best thing to happen to an employee. When your boss is your friend, you will perform your duties without fear from any quarters in any department of the company.

Not at all ! It is even better because it create a better working environment for both parties and make it easier for the day to day activities to function

If boss is a friend to employees, how successful the business would have been because a good relationship in the business matters a lot. They'll be able to share knowledge together. They'll be able to be committed to the business very well and so on.

Its very much possible for your boss to be your friend, their is nothing bad there. If you're working hard, and you have good heart, your boss might pick you as a friend.
I had a boss who doted on me. Whenever he would dine out he wanted me to accompany him. The problem with that boss is he loves beer so much that he sometimes drinks in a nearby bar even during office hours. For me, no, I never drink during working hours.

No instead it helps to Build your work environment for both parties and it helps to develop the company and customer and trader relationship

I think it is possible to be friends with your boss. As long as you know the boundaries between friendship and work. That way, you can your friendship times and still be professional at work.

There is nothing wrong with your boss being your friend, at least friendship and good communication should be maintained in a company for effective results, no company might prosper without friendship and mutual understanding.

If I am the proprietor of any business association I can never be a companion I'm in a sentimental scene with any of my staff part since that will be one of the best slip-up I will make since it and offer them a chance to investigate me superfluously and I won't do it
It is not wrong for your boss to be your friend but however when it comes to the office setting it should be all about business after the office friendship can continue.

I had a boss who doted on me. Whenever he would dine out he wanted me to accompany him. The problem with that boss is he loves beer so much that he sometimes drinks in a nearby bar even during office hours. For me, no, I never drink during working hours.
Hmm, that's quite addicting of your then boss. Making it a priority to drink beer even at working hour isn't a wise one. He ought to have respected the working hours and stay cool like you are.

If I am the owner of any business organisation I can never be a friend I'm in a romantic scene with any of my staff member because that will be one of the greatest mistake I will make because it and give them an opportunity to explore me unnecessarily and I will not do it
I do not think that the original poster of this topic has a romantic scene in his head when he was typing this topic so I did not know where you are getting your romantic kind of relationship and the workplace from. The kind of relationship that this topic is actually talking about is a casual relationship between the employer and his employees which can really help the business.

If I am the owner of any business organisation I can never be a friend I'm in a romantic scene with any of my staff member because that will be one of the greatest mistake I will make because it and give them an opportunity to explore me unnecessarily and I will not do it
The poster of the topic does not focus on romance of any nature at work, he was talking generally about casual friendship that exist between the boss and that staff.

It is not wrong for you and your boss to be friends but it should not be to a limit where by the friendship affect the business or other employees in the workplace.

There is nothing wrong in your boss being your friend. Just that it's going to bring up some level of mediocrity at your workplace.

This is a good observation from you. I really think it will be more good is their is no cordial relationship with the employee and the employer in a company in order for the employer to make tough decision at the right time to save the Business

For business to go smoothly in a business environment I think there should be neutral relationship between a boss and an employee. With this method nobody will be feeling too important among the employee

This is up to you and your boss to decide. Yes, you and your boss may be friends if you both have the appropriate mentality and understand your duties both within and outside the workplace.

It will serve as an added advantage especially if they are of the opposite sex. Things will definitely heat up between other colleagues at work and they won't even dare question the objective of their boss' friend.

As the business owner, I don’t have to become friends with someone I might have to fire. Not because it’s a thing I derive joy in sacking an employee but because my position demands making tough decisions. I wouldn’t want some feelings cross my line of duty especially when making business related decisions.
Is it wrong for your boss to be your friend?

What are your views?
I don't think there is something wrong for a boss to be a friend.

When you fire your friend, just say to him we're still friends but I fire you because of error in work and nothing personal.

There is nothing wrong in your boss being your friend but you should not be carried away and take for granted such friendship. Such friendship must not make you become unprofessional.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds