Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it wrong for your boss to be your friend?

Becoming friends with your boss in the organization you work could either turn positive or negative. Buy I don't see anything wrong with you be a friend to your boss, it will even be an added advantage for you .

Advertisement Placeholder
Is it wrong for your boss to be your friend. That's a very interesting question. Well I don't think it's wrong for your boss to be your friend. But alot of people don't like the idea of being friends with your boss. Even your co-workers might be on board with the idea and might think the boss have a favorite employee.

Being friends with ones boss does better than bad not only does the business boom more the level of relationship is healthy and beneficial
[automerge]1613307711[/automerge]
Being friends with ones boss does better than bad not only does the business boom more the level of relationship is healthy and beneficial

There is nothing wrong if your boss becomes your friend. The most important thing is how you handle the relationship between you and your boss, I had worked with a boss that was very friendly to his employees that doesn't takes away is disciplinary actions against anybody that violate the rules and regulations of the company, you just have to stay set the records straight between you and your boss. You know when to play I when to work.

Becoming friends with your boss in the organization you work could either turn positive or negative. Buy I don't see anything wrong with you be a friend to your boss, it will even be an added advantage for you .
Yes my boss is my friend.I have not only a worker but also discuss their common issue with each other.If I work in peace and friendly environment I run the business in successful

It is not complusory for you to be friends with your boss, rather you should be thoroughly professional with your boss and try not to cross your boundary. If it possible, block to your boss from viewing your WhatsApp status. That way you'll ensure that things are strictly professional. But it's not such a bad thing if your boss is your friend.
For an employee, it is not bad to be a friend of the boss. It sounds cool to an employee working in any organization to being the friend of the boss. Maintaining high level of professionalism at work is very important for all employees.

As the business owner, I don’t have to become friends with someone I might have to fire. Not because it’s a thing I derive joy in sacking an employee but because my position demands making tough decisions. I wouldn’t want some feelings cross my line of duty especially when making business related decisions.

What are your views?
I don't think there is anything bad in Making friends with your employees and vice versa. If the friendship Is not taken for granted, this kind of relationship will improve the productivity of the business.

As the business owner, I don’t have to become friends with someone I might have to fire. Not because it’s a thing I derive joy in sacking an employee but because my position demands making tough decisions. I wouldn’t want some feelings cross my line of duty especially when making business related decisions.

What are your views?
It is not bad for the boss to be friend with his staff,but the staff need to be so careful of what he or she discuss with the boss when they are together, because the boss might later use it against him or her at the end of the day.. so someone need to be careful by the people we think they are our friend but at the back they are the worst enemy you could ever imagine.
[automerge]1613308420[/automerge]

What are your views?
It is not bad for the boss to be friend with his staff,but the staff need to be so careful of what he or she discuss with the boss when they are together, because the boss might later use it against him or her at the end of the day.. so someone need to be careful by the people we think they are our friend but at the back they are the worst enemy you could ever imagine.

no its not wrong he just behave like a friend honestly
[automerge]1613308468[/automerge]
don't think there is anything bad in Making friends with your employees and vice versa. If the friendship Is not taken for granted, this kind of relationship will improve the productivity of the business.
[automerge]1613308511[/automerge]
don't think there is anything bad in Making friends with your employees and vice versa. If the friendship Is not taken for granted, this kind of relationship will improve the productivity of the business.

There's nothing wrong with you having a personal relationship with your boss or there's nothing wrong with your boss having an interpersonal relationship with his employees in fact that way the workflow in the business. I will not the type of employer that will always be strict on my employees.

Also, it's not a bad idea for you and your boss to sit down and talk about some ground rules pretty early on in your friendship—as awkward and formal as it might seem. This sets boundaries that you can respect both in and out of the office, as well as makes both of your expectations clear right from the get-go.

Every boss should be a friend to their employees. If you are a friend it makes you to know if they are underperforming or progressing. And it's in this wise that one need to know that looking at relationships to build a business is one of the nicest idea. So it so great to see that, friendship builds a job setting.

I think it may be true to some extent that an office owner can never be a friend if he does, then he will take advantage of his friendship and not focus on work. The boss should be in the place of the boss, come on, tea and the worker's relationship is a special relationship, there is a relationship of honor, so this relationship should remain the same.

Being a boss and a friend at the same time to your employee is very good. I encourage evryr boss to have a cordial relationship with their employee.
However, there should be a clear demarcation between business and friendship. The business should always come first.

naturally speaking I don't think it is a wise or a good idea for your boss to be your friend because I think it to Hinder your productivity
in the company or organisation you working because you will feel that since your boss is your friend you can do anything in the company organisation go away with it without any form of punishment so I don't think it is good.

One of the strangest workplace dynamics is when a close friend and trusted confidante is suddenly promoted to your supervisor.

Your workmate-turned-manager is probably fretting about how to handle this weird social transition too. So, experts recommend the direct approach.

As long as you have the mental capacity to separate business from pleasure and you don't take advantage of your friendship with your boss. Work and the friendship won't a bad idea. Thesequalities can be very beneficial for boss, employee, and the workplace in general. So yes, you can be friends with your boss. Even in the closest of relationships, you will need to set boundaries.

There is nothing wrong with having a close friendship or being friends with the boss. What you have to do is separate the friendship from the business, as they are two very different things. I have a great friend who is my boss, but we both understand that they are different concepts. At work she is my boss and as such I respect her and follow the guidelines without objection because of the friendship, outside of work it is another thing.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

What are your views?
Thers nothing wrong for you in beeing your boss friend in an organisation since you will not allow it affect the work in the company, its the duty of a boss to makes a tough decision and as a friend , you must follow the protocol at work and respect your boss wishes.

What are your views?
There is absolutely nothing wrong in becoming friend with your employee. Some employees have great personality that if you remain on a boss to employee level, you will greatly miss out on it

There is nothing bad in being friends with the boss. The most important thing is that you as an employee should not cross the line by taking for granted the fact that although he is your friend, he is also your boss especially in the workplace.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds