Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it wrong for your boss to be your friend?

I don't think is a bad thing for the boss to be my friend, it is a good thing, it all depends on how you manage your friendship with your office work and how you respect each other.

Advertisement Placeholder
There is no problem in that your friend could be your boss and he being your u could try to work a hard so that u will help him raise the business so high and take it to another level

My opinion is that having a friend as your boss is OK. If this can be accomplished, then there is nothing wrong with your employer being your buddy. When it comes to business problems and you two are able to set friendship aside and work as professional business men then i think it is okay

There's nothing wrong with your having a friendly relationship with you boss at work , most especially when you are within the same age bracket , my boss is younger than me and we are good friends .

The answer to the question of whether it is improper for your employer to be your buddy depends on the workplace culture and the type of relationship that exists between the two parties. Because of the power dynamic, some individuals think it is inappropriate for a boss to be friends with their employees, but others think it is acceptable to have a friendly relationship and still maintain a professional relationship.

It won't work for your boss to be your friend in the real definition of friend. Someone you roll with, drink with would come and be giving you orders at work? It is either the workplace or the friendship would be damaged.

As the business owner, I don’t have to become friends with someone I might have to fire. Not because it’s a thing I derive joy in sacking an employee but because my position demands making tough decisions. I wouldn’t want some feelings cross my line of duty especially when making business related decisions.

What are your views?

I believe that in every kind of business relationship with your boss, you should try as much as possible to make sure that there is a limit to everything because there is a way it is going to get, you will be the one that is going to suffer most in that relationship.

It isn't wrong for one's boss to be one's friend but i think it's best not to be friend with one's boss so one would not be so hurt when one is reprimanded for making mistakes in the business.

I do not think it is wrong for your boss to be your friend. In as much either of you understand what boundary is.
While at work, show him the respect he deserve as your Boss. After work, you can act as the friends that you are.

As for me I see nothing wrong with it making your boss your friend because when your boss is your friend then you don't have any problems and understanding will happen and moreover business going to move forward and also the employees will also able to advice the boss so that they will work together

I also believe that there is nothing wrong with being in a good relationship with your boss as long as both of you know your limit in the relationship and try to respect the boundaries that might cause a problem if they are overlooked.

As the business owner, I don’t have to become friends with someone I might have to fire. Not because it’s a thing I derive joy in sacking an employee but because my position demands making tough decisions. I wouldn’t want some feelings cross my line of duty especially when making business related decisions.

What are your views?
You have a nice point. I also feel like it is not a big deal to become friend with your workers. They will be free with you and they can even do your work diligently. You should not be too harsh on them

Theres nothing wrong for your boss to be your friend in as much as you respect the work ethics and being professional at work , but some people takes the opportunity for granted by misbehaving at work because they are the boss friend .

Even if your boss is your friend, at the level of work, everything has to be professional and you have to relate with him as your boss. I have worked with my brother before. I related with him as a superior in the office and we became siblings at home.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds