Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it wrong for your boss to be your friend?

Yeah there is absolutely nothing wrong there ,it would only benefit more because it would improve the relationship you have with your boss and i think that's the benefit

Advertisement Placeholder
It's always a good thing if your boss is your friend.. You will have a free environment to work in. But it should never be taken for granted

It's always a good thing if your boss is your friend.. You will have a free environment to work in. But it should never be taken for granted
Yeah this is true there is always that maximum freedom and this happens most especially when your boss is a very nice person. You would be more happy and free

When I had a business with 4 employees I considered them my friends although there is a thin line between being close friends and respect. I could feel their intimidation so I just let it be. After some years I had to fire the sales supervisor who was my first employee. She was stepping out of line with her disrespect for me. I didn't know that she was already undermining our business because her uncle had registered a competitor to our business.

This is not wrong for your boss to be your friend, but what you have to know is there is always office relationship and home relationship this must be well defined when your boss is your friend.

There is nothing wrong having your friends as your boss. To be candid, people need to learn how to learn business behavior. The way we behave at work should be different from the way we behave outside work.

There is nothing wrong with one's boss being his friends. All it takes is for the both parties to understand their boundaries and respect each other.

This happens all of the time. It is not news to always hear this type story where your friend who you both started a job with at some point became your boss by selection. This doesn't really affect the friendship as far as I'm concerned

In a business environment, it is important that the owner and his employees maintain a cordial work relationship. This will help the company but this friendships should not go to the extent that it affects the company.

If you are in cordial terms, if you are understanding, your friend can be your boss, or your boss is your friend. I know a lot of people who had friends as their boss and it worked well

There's nothing wrong for you to be a friend with your boss or your boss to be a friend with you, but the most important thing is to be able to separate work from friendship because it might affect the work if care is not taken.

Well there is notting wrong in being friends with your boss, it actually makes work easier and It creates a more suitable working environment. But if these friendship is affecting decision making, then it needs to stop. When it comes to work, everyone should know there place and do what needs to be done

Lolz,you really need to be very careful here if the friendship you are talking about is between a man and a woman because for me I can never be friend any of my worker because no matter what I can never mix business with pleasure, we are just an official business personnel.

I don't see anything wrong with being friends with your employees however when it comes to business you need to make them understand that friendship and business are very different.

In a business being professional is very important. While I would not advice that there shouldn't be friendships, it should not be up to a stag where it hampers the work environment.

As an entrepreneur, I don't need to become companions with somebody I may need to fire. Not on the grounds that it's a thing I infer satisfaction in firing a representative but since my position requests settling on intense choices. I wouldn't need a few sentiments to cross my line of obligation, particularly when settling on business-related choices.

If your boss is not your friend at work, then who will be your friend? In a good business working environment, every employees must have access to the boss of the company and this can be achieved when the boss is their friend.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your boss being your friend but we really need to be careful if we are of the opposite sex ,because some friendship sometimes can lead to something else, I do not mix business with fun.

It is a very positive thing to create a cordial work environment in the work place. Your boss being your friend is a good thing provided it doesn't affect the business.

There is nothing wrong with that, in fact friendship in a business can help to promote employee and employer relationship and this can help a business organisation to be united, sometimes I always believe being official in a business is always the best.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds