Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it wrong for your boss to be your friend?

It's not wrong in any way though I'll advise that the friendship should have boundaries before there'll be stories of insults.
Making your employees or subordinates your friends can build trust between you and them and hence, increase productivity.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well it is actually not bad to be a friend to your boss and it can also yield to a lot of good things and also it can actually make the business grow in a lot of ways

Is it wrong for your boss to be your friend. It doesn't mean, you boss can be your friend. This can be easy when you are hard working,and your boss has interest in your production.

I am always of the opinion that you should always try to keep things professional whenever you are in a workplace. It might not be entirely wrong for your boss to be your friend but then he should not affect the business.

There is definitely nothing wrong in being friends with your boss. But there must be a very responsible and professional level of engagement between the employer and employee. That way the business can triumph and no or less problem will be visible.

If you don't see your boss as your friend then the both of you have a long way to go. However, a boundary must be set and you should do everything possible never to cross the line

I think it is imperative that the relationship is strictly professional and platonic, so that when things like this come up, you wouldn't feel to dejected by it, as the case may be if you feel like you are sacking your friends.

I think it is imperative that the relationship is strictly professional and platonic, so that when things like this come up, you wouldn't feel to dejected by it, as the case may be if you feel like you are sacking your friends.
I agree with you. Relationships between a a boss and employees should always be professional. It will develop respect between the two and ensure focus on important business tasks.

There is nothing bad in having a cordial relationship with your boss but you have to be very careful and don't allow things to go overboard. You should not use the influence of your boss to misbehave in the workplace with other workers.

I don't think there is anything wrong in having your boss as a friend, this would certainly help your relationship and allow you to be able to give out your opinion when the needs arise as related to the company.

As long as he does what he is supposed to as a boss, beacause if he treats you differently and doesn't tell you properly the details and instructions you won't work well at the job and we don't want that to happen, and the other Co-workers might get jealous of you and treat you bad just because they are jealous of your friendship. It's okay to be friends but they both have to remember that after all they must keep working he as a boss and he as an employee, that's what they should consider during this friendship.

There's nothing wrong in getting closer to your boss at work most especially being a very close friends with your boss does not mean you should be giving a special privilege at work.

There is nothing wrong with that actually. Some business organisations have a lot of friendly business owners and managers and it may not really be surprising if these people are just your natural friends.

It is even good for your boss to be your friend because you will help him or her to run the business successfully. If I have seen a business venture whereby the owner jokes and laughs with the employees as if they are friends. I was amazed and the business was even moving forward.

Professionalism is a very important thing in business and provided you can be able to stick to that then that is the most important thing and everyone can stay friends with anyone.

Of course, such things commonly happen especially when your boss is a lot of potentials in you. There is a level of knowledge you will have that even your boss will like to be your friend so that he will be able to tap from you. This is why it is good to have value in whatever you do.

most of, There are at least reasons why it’s a bad idea for a manager and employee to call themselves friends, including. It will create a perception of favoritism. Even if you think you’re being 100% fair and un-biased, you’ll always be subject to being second guessed.

most of, There are at least reasons why it’s a bad idea for a manager and employee to call themselves friends, including. It will create a perception of favoritism. Even if you think you’re being 100% fair and un-biased, you’ll always be subject to being second guessed.
It's not wrong for your boss to be your friend. However, a clear line has to be drawn in the relationship to avoid it affecting the discharge of your duties.

No it is not wrong for your boss to be your friend but in that friendship, you must always remember that he or she is your boss therefore should be respected. It is good because at some point, you will always be favored because the boss is your friend.

As a boss of the company , i prefer being friends with my workers in order to have a good working environment and be able to be free at work but the friendship must have a limit

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds