Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are you friends with your boss?

Yes, we have a friendly working relationship, but it's primarily within of our professional roles. We get along well during work-related tasks and discussions, which helps create a positive and productive work environment. Outside of work, our interactions are limited. She sees me more like her son when we are at work.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, we have a friendly working relationship, but it's primarily within of our professional roles. We get along well during work-related tasks and discussions, which helps create a positive and productive work environment. Outside of work, our interactions are limited. She sees me more like her son when we are at work.

This is exactly the best way to related with your boss especially when your boss is lady. A lot of people can think stupid when you related with a lady too close and you don't want them to start gossiping stupid things behind your back at work that you're having an affair with your lady boss.

For the fact that you are already an adult makes it paramount that you know how to deal with a fellow adult as well especially when the person is your boss who employed you to work for him. Any kind of relationship that you are maintaining with him should always be something that is in a boss-worker relationship, otherwise things might normally go well for a long time.

Adults are mature people and they should be mature in every manner. Courtesy is one of the main elements of being mature. However, the fact remains that there are many adults who may not necessarily be mature. This is why they may never be polite, even when they are dealing with their employees or employers.

Adults are mature people and they should be mature in every manner. Courtesy is one of the main elements of being mature. However, the fact remains that there are many adults who may not necessarily be mature. This is why they may never be polite, even when they are dealing with their employees or employers.

This is actually the reason why it is very important for you to evaluate the character and personality of anyone that you are dealing with especially at your workplace and including your boss as well. This is so that you will know exactly how you relate with them when they are coming close to you seeking any kind of friendship relationship.

This is actually the reason why it is very important for you to evaluate the character and personality of anyone that you are dealing with especially at your workplace and including your boss as well. This is so that you will know exactly how you relate with them when they are coming close to you seeking any kind of friendship relationship.

I once visited an office and the boss of that place was very dominating and oppressive. He was speaking to me as if he owns me and I really disliked his attitude. The good thing was the fact that I declined to work with him and this was probably one of the best decision I have ever made. No one can be friends with such kind of bosses.

I once visited an office and the boss of that place was very dominating and oppressive. He was speaking to me as if he owns me and I really disliked his attitude. The good thing was the fact that I declined to work with him and this was probably one of the best decision I have ever made. No one can be friends with such kind of bosses.

I wonder what I would be doing working for a boss who's dominating and oppressive? It's office job and I'm not his family member, kid or wife for him to be dominating and oppressing me. I will not take it from him even a day. I will tell him to his face how shitty he is and will walk out from him and his job.

I was actually trash talked the same way by one of my boss some years ago. It was a lady boss by the way. I knew immediately that it's going to be very difficult for us to work together because I may end up one day giving her a dirty slap and that's going to land me in jail for assault. I had to resign and quit the job.

I am not friends with my boss nor would I ever want to be. It's fine to speak to them with a casual tone now and then but actually becoming their buddy is a big no from me. One day, the relationship will go sour and then things will get really bad for you to the point where you may actually want to quit your job.

The relationship going sour could be a reason that will make one worry about not being friends with your boss. Some bosses will want to make it hell for you when you are having an issue with them and this is part of the reason I would want to stay far from them.

Definitely not friends with my boss, never have been, and never will be. I create a good work relationship with them though because they are usually older but never friends.

It's always better to keep your boundaries with them. On the long run, it's not going to be good for you being close friends with your bosses because in the end, they aren't really your friends but your superior. Their business will always come first before any relationship with their staff.

I've had very good relationships with my bosses, but I've never considered that I've become friends with any of them, the word friend is a lot to say, It's very hard to consider a person my friend, and being friends with a boss is too difficult, but, you always have to try to get along with him, just like with your other coworkers, as it's what makes a work team work properly

The relationship going sour could be a reason that will make one worry about not being friends with your boss. Some bosses will want to make it hell for you when you are having an issue with them and this is part of the reason I would want to stay far from them.

I have actually been in that kind of situation and it even got so bad that my salary was compromised. I wasn't even looking at being close friends with them but to do my job and go home but they made life a living hell for me. I ended up quiting the job.

I always had great relationships with all of my bossess, I believe that if you are going to spend time together you have to have a good relationship, it`s better for everyone if we have a light place to work.
I guess I`m lucky of always have worked with good people so it`s easier to get along.

I wonder what I would be doing working for a boss who's dominating and oppressive? It's office job and I'm not his family member, kid or wife for him to be dominating and oppressing me. I will not take it from him even a day. I will tell him to his face how shitty he is and will walk out from him and his job.

It's actually very good for you to know how to stand up for yourself against someone who is oppressive because this is something that is always going to help you to look after yourself mentally and not allow some people push you into depression because of how they are treating you at work just because they employed you.

I was actually trash talked the same way by one of my boss some years ago. It was a lady boss by the way. I knew immediately that it's going to be very difficult for us to work together because I may end up one day giving her a dirty slap and that's going to land me in jail for assault. I had to resign and quit the job.

I think that people should think a lots of time before starting to establish a friendly relation with the boss. This also depends a lot on what kind of profession you belong to. I am a freelancer and I can easily make friends, including people I work for.

I think that people should think a lots of time before starting to establish a friendly relation with the boss. This also depends a lot on what kind of profession you belong to. I am a freelancer and I can easily make friends, including people I work for.

Well, I don't really think it is necessary for you to be hostile towards your boss because he is actually the person that employed you to work in his business. So, on your normal standard, you are supposed to be friends with your boss but it should be something that is professional. This is so that you are not going to be taken advantage of and your boss is not going to treat you without caution.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds