Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it wrong for your boss to be your friend?

Yes bosses can be friends,but they don't have to be and many great managers will choose being a mentor over being a friend. But the best people managers understand what makes you tick, know what you care about at and outside of work, and push you to be your absolute best self.

Advertisement Placeholder
As the business owner, I don’t have to become friends with someone I might have to fire. Not because it’s a thing I derive joy in sacking an employee but because my position demands making tough decisions. I wouldn’t want some feelings cross my line of duty especially when making business related decisions.
Is it wrong for your boss to be your friend?

What are your views?
Not wrong.
But being friendly with my employees is one thing I will not do. When it comes to business, flexibility is good but being friendly with employees will lead to some problems later.

If the relationship has mutual respect then there is nothing wrong in being friends with your boss but you should make sure that you keep it professional whenever you are working.

You can't or don't need to be friends with your staffs because they might take you for granted and take their job unserious with is not good for business.

I dont see any thing wrong in a boss being a friend to an employee as far as he remains official when he has to and there's no sentiment whatsoever.

No it's not bad at all as long as he or she knows the limit to the friendship,if my boss is my friend it will make my work interesting

There is nothing wrong with to be your boss friend it really show that you are a good worker, that is why your boss keep you as him friend, because is very difficult to have that opportunity.

There is absolutely nothing with your boss being your friend, for that a Boss is friends will his/her employer doesn't mean he can't take decisions when necessary about his staff.
It's balance that is needed, not too much of everything

We don't have to be hard on our employees just because we are there boss. We need to develop relationship with our employees for the growth of the business.
This will make them fill free to discuss anything they notice is not doin well with the business with us.
There are some companies that has failed all because there is no relationship between the employees and the emoloyers.

If my Boss is my friend, it's not wrong but in some ways it might end up being wrong depending on some companies standards. At a point it is right for your boss to be your friend.

There's nothing wrong if a boss is your friend but you should be able to control the interpersonal relationship professionally. Also, being friendly to employees doesn't stop you from metting out disciplinary action as at when needed.

You can be friends with your boss, and depending on the nature of the friendship, it can be positive or detrimental; the crucial thing is to keep a moderate friendship and be clear about your friendship levels to prevent misreading signals.

In most cases, it never really end well for the staff which is why I recommend or suggest that you try as much as you can always maintain only a business relationship with your boss in order to avoid any stories.

I don't see any wrong when your friend is a boss, or your boss becomes your friend. The only issue in this is when your friend begins to take advantage or begins to humiliate you.

I don't think that is wrong to be friends with your boss. Especially if you get along well. If the employee is doing his job correctly, there is no need for the boss to make tough decisions in that case.

it's not wrong, but we hardly find such people,I don't see anything wrong with been friends with your boss,it will even help your employees to do there work wholeheartedly

There is nothing wrong in having a cordial relationship with your boss. In my former place of work, my boss chooses me has his favourite among the workers and everyone jealous about it, but I don't really care about their reaction.

You don't necessarily have to be friends with your employees. The most important thing is to maintain a good relationship with them while setting and enforcing clear standards in the workplace.

There is absolutely nothing wrong if your boss is your friend. It would strengthen the business the more . When it comes to making tough decisions, you shouldn't hesitate to do so, because business shouldn't be taken with levity.

You can be friends with your boss and it can either turn out positive or negative depending on the notion of the friendship, its just important to maintain a moderate friendship and be clear on your frienship levels to avoid reading wrong signals.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds