Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Invision Community v5

XF is not in question because they have already made it clear, as their staff said it already their product is xenForo not cloud. And they will be developing XF software and will provide self hosted version.

Invision Community is in question because of their tactics they are playing. My account got limited because I was asking about their future plans, posts not approved. If they are running a business so do we, as we are also going to be affected by their decisions. They say on forum you can ask us directly by sending us an email but in mail they always give response like you should not worry about this right now and ignore the question.

If we are comparing both, you can check XF is getting criticised by many on their forum but they are not limiting your account when you are asking questions. IPS management team well simply put you under moderation and will not approve your posts for asking questions related to their future plans.
I’m hoping the interview will clear out a lot of doubt. So if there’s any question you’d like to see answered in the interview, forward them to me. ;)

Advertisement Placeholder
You should do one for XF. I hear they could use one.
Pretty sure I did... you simply probably never saw it.
XF has been getting roasted over their inactivity. That's why there's a 111 page thread over there (which, BTW if it was on IPS would have been removed fairly quickly).
You're so amazing at giving roadmaps better than the actual company.
Thing is.. I don't look at the company with "pie in the sky" eyes. I look at what they've said in the past, how they acted in the past and simply do what any reasonable person would and look at what they say now compared to their past comments and associated actions. Pretty much the same way with XF. There is a reason there is an old saying about leopards and spots.
Care to show us where IPS has said they will continue the stand-alone script indefinitely? Because I SURE as hell can show you where a certain person in the upper food chain there has clearly implied that once it's no longer profitable, it's gone. You see, that's the problem with IPS... all they seem to do is "imply" but make no statements that they can have their feet held to the fire for by anyone that gets "burnt".

Last edited:
Where do they state that they will stop it though? Clearly the loss they make is justified by the SaaS.
Rarely do they now make any statements that their feet can be held to the fire over. I'm honestly surprised that as litigious as society is that they didn't get a class action suit over their "perpetual license" promise. And yes, Charles said "they've done their 2 year roadmap and self-hosted is in there"... but I'm sure they did a roadmap back with the "perpetual licenses" decision also. We see where that ended up. Let's see...w hat's a common definition for use with that word? occurring repeatedly; so frequent as to seem endless and uninterrupted
Get back with us in a few years when the standalone option is deader than a T-Rex and let us know which prognostication was correct.

And it seems that others are of similar mindset.
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1438595-invision-power-making-moves-to-saas/
But they sell forums, you can’t expect them to offer a solution for forums AND additional websites.
But they prefer YOU to pay them to run their script on their hardware, and if you run other sites, pay MORE money to do so.
What I expect is them to offer a product that dovetails in with the rest of my infrastructure, not require me to step outside it. ;)

This is amazing. IC keeps on pushing innovative features. I'm in love with the theme, the sidebar, the new scrolling content feature on mobile view. Beautiful. Can't wait to see what next they have coming. v5 Will be an amazing product, and it's going to be HARD for XenForo to compete with Invision Community.

This is amazing. IC keeps on pushing innovative features. I'm in love with the theme, the sidebar, the new scrolling content feature on mobile view. Beautiful. Can't wait to see what next they have coming. v5 Will be an amazing product, and it's going to be HARD for XenForo to compete with Invision Community.
I think the top 2 forum systems are XF and IC we can take vBulletin out of this picture because they have never had any new features in a full release unless you count connect 5. I'm impressed on what they have done and I might be getting a second licence for a future project

I think the top 2 forum systems are XF and IC we can take vBulletin out of this picture because they have never had any new features in a full release unless you count connect 5. I'm impressed on what they have done and I might be getting a second licence for a future project
Agreed, vBulletin has been dormant in innovation for a long while now. So, I can definitely see them also losing customers to Invision Community. Same with XenForo, we've had three Have You Seen threads on XenForo and none of them were anything innovative to say the least. Maybe we demand to much from XenForo, since it's only a minor release, but still... If they don't keep up with the pace Invision Community is creating here, they'll lose the race, if they haven't already.

I've been an Invision user since for probably a decade. Back then, I studied Xenforo and Invision for a long time and I was on the fence. I went with Invision because some of my favorite forums I visited at the time also ran Invision. I am glad I did. Over the years, I have struggled to understand how Xenforo fans can remain so passionate about it. Invision is where it's at ;)

Back then, I studied Xenforo and Invision for a long time and I was on the fence.
Same.
Once I became unhappy with the direction of vBulletin, I searched for alternatives, and I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of IPB3.x so I moved to XenForo. But because of the silence around XF 1.2, I really had to search for alternatives and thanks god, IPS just started blogging about the upcoming new major IPS4 version. Once they started blogging about the Table and Form helpers I fall in love with it and FFS, 9 years later, I'm more than happy about this decision and never looked back.
Not only did I get an amazing job with an amazing team, but just look at the progress IPS/IC made compared to XenForo. and I really can't wait to hear all the feedback about IC5. The Video is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

Same.
Once I became unhappy with the direction of vBulletin, I searched for alternatives, and I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of IPB3.x so I moved to XenForo. But because of the silence around XF 1.2, I really had to search for alternatives and thanks god, IPS just started blogging about the upcoming new major IPS4 version. Once they started blogging about the Table and Form helpers I fall in love with it and FFS, 9 years later, I'm more than happy about this decision and never looked back.
Not only did I get an amazing job with an amazing team, but just look at the progress IPS/IC made compared to XenForo. and I really can't wait to hear all the feedback about IC5. The Video is probably just the tip of the iceberg.
Sounds really inspiring. Funny that you were no fan of IPB3 and yet IPB4 has changed that direction for you. I must admit, there was a huge improvement from 3 to 4. How much employee's does Invision Community have right now? I see that Ehren has now joined but I'm not sure how long he has been on the team. He's definitely a great asset to have!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds