Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to handle tardiness of employees

As a manager you really need to set your rules and the employee must really abide by it. The Best thing a manager can do with this is to keep removing or deducting their salary for late coming

Advertisement Placeholder
You're right. At first time I'll pardon the employees. But if it becomes a norm, then other ways of curtailing such late coming will be put in line just as you said.
Most times it is very difficult or very stressful to manage employees or manage humans human resources are one of the most difficult resources to manage in an organisation so you have to be very careful the way you manage them

Most times it is very difficult or very stressful to manage employees or manage humans human resources are one of the most difficult resources to manage in an organisation so you have to be very careful the way you manage them
Sure, managing humans is tricky at times due to some personal behaviour when it comes to managing him or her on a working department. That's why we need wisdom to be called leaders.

People management needs a diverse methods because we know that people behave differently. However, when it comes to tardiness and other petty violations we need to straighten our the employee by enforcing the rules on him to make him understand that it is wrong to come in late.

If an employee makes it an habit of always getting late to work, then something most likely is wrong or keeping such employee late or the employee is not motivated

I think it's not just found in your country but it is in every country there is. If you can get them to follow strick rules, they will surely turn up early.

If it is in a workplace whereby you cannot afford to suspend them then capital punishment might be a very good way. Coming late for a particular number of them were around so that a certain amount of money will be withdrawn from your salary.

As an employee in any organization I believe that there are some rules and regulations you need to adhere to and failure to follow the rules and regulations of the platform can definitely lead to sack

Coming late to work is not an excuse that should be tolerated in any business entities. If a worker live far away to his work place, he should change his location and live closer to his work place. Any worker that comes to work more than necessary will be suspended.

I believe most times it's because the leaders themselves have no respect for time. If your employees know you to be on time always and know that you don not tolerate tardiness, most of them will come on time.

In every organization there must be discipline,such behavior is unacceptable and something must be done to stop it like making them pay a fine each day they come late

Coming in late for work is a bad habit that is prevalent in our culture. Worse, we have the term "Filipino Time" to mean you are late because you are a Filipino. But in business the workers should be on time for the work schedule otherwise it can affect the efficiency of the process or procedure. In big companies having 3 times tardy can be a ground for suspension and more than 7 times late for work in a month calls for automatic suspension. If you are a manager what is your viewpoint on the tardiness of an employee, are you considerate because they live far or is that no reason to come in late for work?
I laughed when I got to Filipino time. Because in Nigeria there's what we can Africa time and Nigeria time especially in programs and events. Back to workplace they could some factors or reason why employees come to work late. I think before giving suspension it will nice to know why the he or she is coming late. But I get your point and I can relate perfectly, some workers are perpetual late comers.

Lateness to work will at the end of the day affect the actual productive hours of work that should have been done for that day. This is why it is very important to keep to proper time for work in your business

I am more of a democratic person so I would have already discussed with an employee before signing the person if the person can cope with the punctuality and other rules

I'll give the employee a grace period of 3-4 consecutive times coupled with disciplinary sanctions but if it exceeds that, then its a norm, so I'll take a decision by termination!

I believe there should be a means of checking and recording the time each employee reports to work. Workers who are often late should face sanctions such as pay cuts or made to work extra hours to compensate for the time.

There are better ways to curb lateness of employees. In my company here, we have a time tracking device a and at month end if your lateness is repeatedly entered then expect a deduction in your salary.

There are better ways to curb lateness of employees. In my company here, we have a time tracking device a and at month end if your lateness is repeatedly entered then expect a deduction in your salary.
How does the time tracking device really work because I don't really understand ,over here we have time book that people who are coming to work in the morning are expected to sign but some people always use this dishonestly by signing in the wrong time. Maybe the time tracking device will really be the best way to help handle this

It's always very important to live closer to your workplace because it saves you time and money as well as a lot of stress that you will be suffering from living far. Your boss may allow your late coming but your health will be affected by the stress.

These the ways to handle issues of tardy employee, Address the situation early, Make your expectations clear, Refer to a tardy policy, Allow for privacy, State the consequences, Set goals together, Check in regularly, Give praise for improved behavior.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds