Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to handle tardiness of employees

if you accept this type of character in your business organisation a lot of people understand that your business organisation is not serious in what they do, in this case you need to choose between what people will say to your business and what you want in your business.

Advertisement Placeholder
Human resources management is also an important part of the overall progress of a company. An employee's duties should be properly managed so that he does not feel tired or sick. For that the HR manager should be responsible.

Coming in late for work is a bad habit that is prevalent in our culture. Worse, we have the term "Filipino Time" to mean you are late because you are a Filipino. But in business the workers should be on time for the work schedule otherwise it can affect the efficiency of the process or procedure. In big companies having 3 times tardy can be a ground for suspension and more than 7 times late for work in a month calls for automatic suspension. If you are a manager what is your viewpoint on the tardiness of an employee, are you considerate because they live far or is that no reason to come in late for work?
Coming late to work is not good for the growth of any business. If an employee is found guilty of this attitude, he can be cautioned to adjust his time of coming to work but if he did not change after several attempts to correct him, he should be shown the way out of the business.

if you accept this type of character in your business organisation a lot of people understand that your business organisation is not serious in what they do, in this case you need to choose between what people will say to your business and what you want in your business.
Exactly. The type of employees you have running your business are the image that people see when transacting with your business. If you get unserious employees, you get customers not taking you seriously as well

Exactly. The type of employees you have running your business are the image that people see when transacting with your business. If you get unserious employees, you get customers not taking you seriously as well
Seriously lot of people will be thinking that you are not serious serious with your business and to me I can never withstand a dishonest employee, I just give them a suspension letter then I reorganize my organization. There is what I will do.

If you have rules and regulations that govern your business, in the same that every employee must come to work at a particular time then defaulting employees must be dealt with.

Human resources management is also an important part of the overall progress of a company. An employee's duties should be properly managed so that he does not feel tired or sick. For that the HR manager should be responsible.
The issue of tardiness is not about being sick or being tired. According to the HR officers that I have talked to tardiness is a bad habit not only the employees but of the people in general. They have no concern for the time of other people that will be affected when the come in late. It is a serious matter for the business.

The best way to handle this is to issue the employee a query. Once he repeats the same offence and he is given 3-4 queries then he/she should be outrightly sacked.

Being punctual to work is one of the signs that an employee is really very serious with his or her job. It is very important to make rules that will make employees come early to work.

A. Identify the behavior. B. Be proactive. C. Verbalize your disappointment. D. Come up with an action plan. E. Respect a person's privacy. F. Clearly outline the consequences. G. Reward improvements.

Its good to always set your time limit for opening of work, any one who breaks the allocated time during the starting hour of the company faces penalty of not being punctual.

If i have a business, I will implement rules and regulations that governs the activities of the workers and one of them is anyone that comes late to work without any tangible reason will be suspended.

The best way to handle this is to issue the employee a query. Once he repeats the same offence and he is given 3-4 queries then he/she should be outrightly sacked.
Wow ,I think this is brutal, at least sometimes a situation like this might happen you really needs to be passionate and be a little bit considerate , you can organise an easy time schedule for them if possible.

Personally, I'll let employees know that there's a strict policy about coming late to work in my organization. The next thing is to issue query letter after a series of warnings. Anything that makes me issue 2 queries, the third one would be dismissal

Coming late to work should not be condoned by an employer. There should be rules and regulations and code of conduct that must be adhered to by the employee. It is when it is contravened that appropriate sanctions be meted out.

Punctuality is a quality that should not be wanting in any employee because no employer will be Happy with any employee that always come late to work

Coming in late for work is a bad habit that is prevalent in our culture. Worse, we have the term "Filipino Time" to mean you are late because you are a Filipino. But in business the workers should be on time for the work schedule otherwise it can affect the efficiency of the process or procedure. In big companies having 3 times tardy can be a ground for suspension and more than 7 times late for work in a month calls for automatic suspension. If you are a manager what is your viewpoint on the tardiness of an employee, are you considerate because they live far or is that no reason to come in late for work?
I believe the employees does not have reason to be late if they are far from the location of a workplace. The time we have is the same 24 hours a day. The time never changed. It's the person like you said should change. Why is there American time also? Because American people know how to adjust to the time. They are not late because they see to it that they come before the time.

As a manager, you may overlook coming late of your employee at first. But, what if it becomes a pattern? A Time tracking device/software can be of use here, which will record when employees log in and out of their workplace. If your employees know that they are being monitored, then they will feel more compelled to show up on time.
This is a very good measure to checkmate the rate of commitment of employees,because ordinarily most employees would not want to give in their best unless they are compell to do so,and putting up a check mechanism would not be a bad idea.

How to handle tardiness of employees well i think as a business man and woman you need to find a possible way to handle tardiness employees

Every business has its opening and closing time. A professional is meant to keep to that time or suffer the laid down consequences attached to it. Although there are times when one has to be considerate, this can't happen regularly or else workers take you for granted and start keeping scores of when Mr. A was late and wasn't punished but Ms. B got punished. That may lead to impunity.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds