Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to handle tardiness of employees

That's what I'm saying. When you own a business, you rely on your employees to help you run the company efficiently. And if an employee is consistently late on job, oftentimes it can affect badly on the whole work environment.

Advertisement Placeholder
As a manager, you may overlook coming late of your employee at first. But, what if it becomes a pattern? A Time tracking device/software can be of use here, which will record when employees log in and out of their workplace. If your employees know that they are being monitored, then they will feel more compelled to show up on time.
You are right about the device, as this way employees make more effort to comply with the schedule. At the bank where I worked, they used to punch cards on a clock, and the longest delay was 5 minutes. We all complied with the schedule.

I am not an employer, I am an employee. If I was an employer, I would simply fire the employees who are not sincere. There is no need to tolerate them when the market is full of qualified unemployed people

That is it, Sariana23. If employees think that there's no one to check on them, then they won't take the coming on time matter seriously. So, steps should be taken for employees to be punctual and improve themselves.

That is it, Sariana23. If employees think that there's no one to check on them, then they won't take the coming on time matter seriously. So, steps should be taken for employees to be punctual and improve themselves.
Just as you describe @jkk , that's why it's good to have someone in charge of overseeing employee scheduling in some way. In my offline job I have had to supervise their schedule on several occasions. With a little pressure they start to comply correctly.

Concerning how to handle tardiness of employees. Well, I believe any company or organization shouldn't condone any form of lateness from employees as time is money according to the popular say. There be a time grace that shouldn't be exceeded by employees

Coming in late for work is a bad habit that is prevalent in our culture. Worse, we have the term "Filipino Time" to mean you are late because you are a Filipino. But in business the workers should be on time for the work schedule otherwise it can affect the efficiency of the process or procedure. In big companies having 3 times tardy can be a ground for suspension and more than 7 times late for work in a month calls for automatic suspension. If you are a manager what is your viewpoint on the tardiness of an employee, are you considerate because they live far or is that no reason to come in late for work?
I think I don't want to operate a business you have to be quite strict when it comes to this sort of rules in order to ensure that the business operates smoothly. Therefore in order to account for everyone circumstances would be quite difficult and so these times should be abided by and those that do not should be punished accordingly.

Coming in late for work is a bad habit that is prevalent in our culture. Worse, we have the term "Filipino Time" to mean you are late because you are a Filipino. But in business the workers should be on time for the work schedule otherwise it can affect the efficiency of the process or procedure. In big companies having 3 times tardy can be a ground for suspension and more than 7 times late for work in a month calls for automatic suspension. If you are a manager what is your viewpoint on the tardiness of an employee, are you considerate because they live far or is that no reason to come in late for work?
Tardiness in work should be given a proper checking and handling because some workers comes late to work because they comes from a far away places and the should be given a proper consideration.

Tardiness in work should be given a proper checking and handling because some workers comes late to work because they comes from a far away places and the should be given a proper consideration.
The disadvantage of giving consideration to a single person based on where they live yes that you will then have to provide that consideration for everyone when they have extenuating circumstances. Sometimes people can actually take advantage of this.

I think punctuality is a good virtue and must be kept. If I happen to be a manager, it would be imperative to maintain punctuality.

The disadvantage of giving consideration to a single person based on where they live yes that you will then have to provide that consideration for everyone when they have extenuating circumstances. Sometimes people can actually take advantage of this.
i am not saying they should be given a consideration to staffs that comes from a far place, all I am saying is that , they should ask about their personal life and see if there's any assists that can be given to people that are affected.

Tardiness, or lateness of an employee can be for a many reasons so it's best to find out the reason for the lateness and if it is unreasonable, disciplinary measures should be taken.

Well one has to be considerate but it shouldn't be a norm when you allow employees, as an employee too there shouldn't be any reason to give your self a bad rep to your employers

Well one has to be considerate but it shouldn't be a norm when you allow employees, as an employee to there, shouldn't be any reason to give yourself a bad rep to your employers
I agree, I think the employers should allow some leeway in cases of unforeseen circumstances. However, this shouldn't be a norm on the part of the employee.

When it comes to work for the promotion of organisational goals and objectives seriously the issue of home distance most have to be excluded and professional ethics most have to be applied. In the first instance i will encourage the employee to find a close accommodation to his place of work because i will not continue to consider his contribution.

Tardiness (lateness) is common and unavoidable in a work settings where even the boss comes to work late, one of the solution I think can solve it is assisting employee that comes from a far away place , and gives warning to those that stays near the work place.

Som attitude should not be tolerated in an established organisation,lateness to duty is one of them.Before you get an employee into your firm it should be well spelt out,and most organisation in my country usually request for employees to come from around where they are to be working from.Lateness to your job shoul not be accepted,expecially when it has become habitual.

Most employees have that natural habit of coming late to work and even if they are coming from a far or near distance ,they would still choose to come very late to work, i will give suspension to defaulterd

I agree, I think the employers should allow some leeway in cases of unforeseen circumstances. However, this shouldn't be a norm on the part of the employee.
True unforseen circumstances might arise no doubt so the employers should definitely be flexible during those times, and when it's a norm with the employee that's a bad thing

Every serious company must set out rules and regulations which all staff must comply with. Tardiness is not what a company should condone as it will have negative impact on the company. Workers do not have a good reason for coming late should be relief of his duty.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds