Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How does it feel to fire someone?

It doesn't feel good obviously to sack someone. However, there are time where desperate situations calls for desperate measures to be taken.

Advertisement Placeholder
It feel sad and uncomfortable when someone is fired from his work because there are some people depending and surviving on the work he or she doing some is even the only source of their livelihood, even if he or she was fired because of incompetency or negligence i still feel bad.

Actually I haven't really been in a condition as such that I will be firing one at a work place but to be fact it doesn't feel good at all to be fired at all of I were to be working right now I would love to avoid getting fired.

It is will feel very sad for one to be fire a person, that person will never be happy, before a business owner can fire a person the must do something wrong.
Very true, there would always be a reason why a boss or manager would fire someone. And i believe in most cases, it is a legit one. Droping someone from a job or position is a very painful experience for not just who is being droped but as the boss

Managers or business owners, how does it feel like to discipline an employee and then ultimately fire them? Do you feel emotional, especially if you're losing a friend? Business and friends/family should be kept separate for this reason.
A business owner might not actually feel emotional when firing an employee than also deserve sacking but in some situations that you have to fire and employee due to maybe the company cannot afford for the salaries of all your employees again, it can be a thing you won’t be able to take away from your mind

I understand it feels bad when we got sacked in a gig that is solving our needs for life. Even me will take it low when it comes to such kind of call.

It all depends on why you are firing! Of course it does feel bad because you are firing someone and overnight they become jobless and more often they don't have any warning of it coming.

It can never be a good feeling for you to fire someone especially the terms when you are acquainted to that person seriously I know you are going to feel bad and will Love to get back to him/her.

Since I created my business I have never fired anyone but are instead preferred to punish because firing someone might create a negative energy around the business.

For someone who have conscience, it's always hard to fire an employee. But if the employee have been warned severally, I think the best thing to do is just to sack the person

I understand it feels bad when we got sacked in a gig that is solving our needs for life. Even me will take it low when it comes to such kind of call.
Sometimes it is always better in our lives that we have a backup business ,because this will help us in a situation like this. a situation in which you depend on one source of income is definitely not the best.

There is nothing bad or to feel bad in firing someone especially if that person was a cancer to your business enterprise. You don't want to imagine that damage keeping such a person under your employ can cause do you?

Well if the person is ineffective and doesn't want to learn, you have to fire him to keep your business. There shouldn't be any romance in business. How will you feel if ineffective workers force your business to go bankrupt?

It has never been a good feeling when someone is fired from their job. More especially when he or she is totally dependent on that job because he must start a fresh.

It has never been a good feeling when someone is fired from their job. More especially when he or she is totally dependent on that job because he must start a fresh.
As human nature is always complicated, it is really hard to make some sad, but we need to take strict decisions for a larger good. I mean, firing someone is the extreme step someone will take, and there should be a solid reason behind it.

I'm a business owner and I don't like firing my employees except I'm left with no option. Irrespective of the relationship of an employee to you, it is very important to make such an important decision if you feel that your business is being affected.

Firing a person should be the last resort. There are many businesses in my city that do employ a person and fire them once they realize that a person is not capable of doing the job. Business owners should always tell the proper nature of job to the emnployees before hiring them.

Sometimes it is always better in our lives that we have a backup business ,because this will help us in a situation like this. a situation in which you depend on one source of income is definitely not the best.
The back up business will come in when the other have yielded enough. Then we can establish one and earn from the two in case one falls we can stand with the back up option.

The back up business will come in when the other have yielded enough. Then we can establish one and earn from the two in case one falls we can stand with the back up option.
When we are starting a business ,we must have had a business before that we were doing to generate the profit we are using to establish the new one ,we still need to keep to that one even when this one is successful.

Managers or business owners, how does it feel like to discipline an employee and then ultimately fire them? Do you feel emotional, especially if you're losing a friend? Business and friends/family should be kept separate for this reason.
Firing someone is hard thing to do. Most especially if he has small children to feed. I think it's easier to fire someone who is not a bread winner. I think I will be emotional if he is my friend. But if he is your enemy, it will be so quick and easy to fire him.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds