Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How does it feel to fire someone?

I have never been in a position to sack someone but when I do, the employee is probably past my tolerance limit because I'm the type of person to give people second chances, it won't be a good feeling tho but i know I won't be at fault

Advertisement Placeholder
As firing someone is not a good thing if it is the only way that can make the business not to collapsed then firing the person might come with joy and happiness. Nobody will want to lose his business because he does not want to fire someone.

I have never fired anyone before but I know when I do, it will be tough because I have a temperament that tends to consider a persons situation

Is hard thing to do at times but you have to do it to save your business. Their is no friendship nor family members, love ones when it concerns delivering business success.

well, it's always emotional because that guy really has responsibilities as well, but if he did something on purpose, he should face the consequences

I have never fired someone before but I don't think it feels nice to do it. No manager is eager to fire workers, they want competent workers not people that will get fired

It actually depends on the grounds which the person was fired, if the person has constantly bring only negatively effects on the organisation,then it will be a relief.

I haven't fired anyone before so I don't know how it feels to fire someone, I am this kind of person that will never fire anyone arbitrarily unless if the person has committed something very bad and he/she is not remorseful about it.

I feel very sad , most especially when the person proves his passion for the business ,its really a turn off for me , and pains me very well

Managers or business owners, how does it feel like to discipline an employee and then ultimately fire them? Do you feel emotional, especially if you're losing a friend? Business and friends/family should be kept separate for this reason.
Firing an employee is the last thing I wish to do in my life but situation might warrant it where an employee keeps working negatively and tarnishing the image of the company or getting lazy at work or rather misusing the company fund,,
So firing that kind of employee is the best for the company.

Managers or business owners, how does it feel like to discipline an employee and then ultimately fire them? Do you feel emotional, especially if you're losing a friend? Business and friends/family should be kept separate for this reason.
Hmm, I do not know this feeling as I have never experienced it. All my businesses were managed by my brother and myself. But that feeling is better imagined for now. It could be a relieving feeling if it's a right decision.

Before friendship, employees or labourer, it's business first before pleasure, human are defined emotionally to feel awkward that moment, but in couples of weeks or months you are forgotten and life will still go on,it's better to resign than get sacked.

Before friendship, employees or labourer, it's business first before pleasure, human are defined emotionally to feel awkward that moment, but in couples of weeks or months you are forgotten and life will still go on,it's better to resign than get sacked.
Firing someone at work is a very difficult decision to arrive at as it doesn't feel good to fire someone from what provides his or her daily needs especially if there is no good reasons for it except the reasons for firing that person is really justifiable.

I still feel very bad because i still feel that we all makes mistake ,before i fire the person i must make sure the person might have committed an unforgivable sin

I've never been in a position to sack someone before, but when an employee really want to take life out of me as a boss,I don't think I have the mind to sack,I will rather ask another senior colleague to do the needful.
Firing an employee sometimes might be a hard decision to make but it's very necessary for the sustainability of the company. Different factors might call for the firing of an employee such low productivity, misconduct, rebellious act etc.

I have never been in a situation where I have to fire someone. But I guess it does not feel great at all. You are cutting off someone from his/her source of income. But also you must do it because I am sure you have good reasons for it.
[automerge]1620243497[/automerge]
I have never been in a situation where I have to fire someone. But I guess it does not feel great at all. You are cutting off someone from his/her source of income. But also you must do it because I am sure you have good reasons for it.

When I was the operations manager of a Japanese software house, I hired my best friend who was unemployed. He knew a little programming so I was prepared to provide some assistance in the job. However, my friend abused my kindness. He would come in late every day, have coffee in the pantry for 30 minutes about 4 times a day. I had to terminate my friend before the boss would notice his bad attitude. It was really heart-breaking for me but I had no other choice so I did that.

Firing someone might not be easy but to move your business forward, it's best to fire some person(s) in your firm. Sometimes you have to fire a good employee because of high salary

I have never been in a position to sack someone but when I do, the employee is probably past my tolerance limit because I'm the type of person to give people second chances, it won't be a good feeling tho but i know I won't be at fault
I am in a position to fire someone but I have never tried firing someone or an employee because I always felt their pain, so i decided to deal with them in another way if they misbehave.

Fi
There is nothing to feel there about firing an employee of yours. If his person has been a thorn in your flesh for sometime on your business, you have to let the person go
Firing an employee sometimes might be a hard decision to make especially if the victim has not done anything wrong to deserve such treatment. Whereas, making such decision is always necessary for the proper running of the business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds