Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How does it feel to fire someone?

I have never had to fire someone, I hope that I don't. I recently read that firing is actually a bad management decision that Instead one should look for way to make the employee resign.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is a terrible experience for you to fire someone and the person will definitely not only be happy about this because it is always something of a great joy when someone is employed to work in a particular company or organisation,it is a sorowfull experience if the person that is being fired have not done anything wrong.

The emotion should be the function of the reason why the person is fired. If the person fired has never contributed to the growth of the business, then it is likely the employer may be happy.

Although I haven't fired anyone before but I feel before I fire someone it would be justified, it won't be a pleasant experience no doubt but I sure won't lose any sleep over it if it's justified like I said

It can be very emotional and sometimes it can mess up someone psychologically. because one might end up losing a friend or business and it might be difficult to find a replacement for such a person. And we are more than what we see physically. It's best to look out for other ways to exert the punishment.

It looks unprofessional to fire some persons, stating it directly to him or her, when their services isn't needed due to performance below par. The best is to write a sack letter to the person.

Managers or business owners, how does it feel like to discipline an employee and then ultimately fire them? Do you feel emotional, especially if you're losing a friend? Business and friends/family should be kept separate for this reason.
People react or feel differently about things, while some may feel a sense of guilt, some never feel an aota of remorse.
As a boss, if your act is the right decision there should be nothing to worry about, because it was done for the greater good.

But if as a boss you fire worker for fun, you are in the wrong.

I don't feel anything because I will be doing myself more harm than good if I need to fire someone that is trying to destroy my business organisation,I don't feel emotional as far as what I'm doing is actually the right thing.

I don't feel anything because I will be doing myself more harm than good if I need to fire someone that is trying to destroy my business organisation,I don't feel emotional as far as what I'm doing is actually the right thing.
Sometimes it becomes inevitabe to fire someone. You have to take such harsh decision for a larger good cause. For example if someone cheats on behalf of you, should you spare him for that?

Sometimes it becomes inevitabe to fire someone. You have to take such harsh decision for a larger good cause. For example if someone cheats on behalf of you, should you spare him for that?
Well and I I may not really fire the person but sometimes I will not be able to flow with that person as I used to and my trust with that person will drop from 100% to 0, all this thing is just because of greed, we all need to be careful. I will eventually fired him or her.

It does not feel good but sometimes you will have to take a tough decision and fire your staff. There is no point in employing people who are not sincere.

The feeling you get when you fire an employee will depend on the motive for firing the employee. However, I know that the employer will certainly be sad that the employee has lost his means of livelihood.

Firing someone at work I the last straw I would ever do and i would have done everything to avoid the situation , but since there's no solution , firing the employee is inevitable,

Well and I I may not really fire the person but sometimes I will not be able to flow with that person as I used to and my trust with that person will drop from 100% to 0, all this thing is just because of greed, we all need to be careful. I will eventually fired him or her.
For a greater cause sometime we need to take the tough steps. I know, many would have soft corner for people, but when the one is not trustworthy, it becomes necessary to deal with them in their own language.

Its not usually easy to fire someone, as you today the economy is really hard and getting a good job is pretty much hard. So its not an easy thing to make such choices but it is something that cant really be avoided

No one will be happy firing anyone. But you can be sure you will be happy if firing that person Is for the best of reasons especially if that person has been involved in sabotaging your business progress and growth for a while without your knowledge

I have never been on that position however, if I was in that position I would give second chance to the worker and if he still does not change I will surely fire him. When should we keep people who are not good

No one will be happy firing anyone. But you can be sure you will be happy if firing that person Is for the best of reasons especially if that person has been involved in sabotaging your business progress and growth for a while without your knowledge
For sure no one will be happy because I have experienced firing a friend in our office and it broke my heart somehow. To think of the employee's family and the so called breadwinner will lose his job that would be a big disaster for the family. But the choice is the disadvantage of the business so the decision has to be made.

For a greater cause sometime we need to take the tough steps. I know, many would have soft corner for people, but when the one is not trustworthy, it becomes necessary to deal with them in their own language.
it is a very difficult thing ,we all need to check because sometimes if you don't deal with them in a serious manner they can actually make our business to go down which will definitely affect me seriously, I need to take a very serious action if possible because it is my business.

@Alexander, who's this guy that you are thinking to fire him, and you're asking our members about that xD:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well, for me, it's tough for you or for him to say this word completely, but if this worker deserved you should do it, but before you take this decision you need to think a lot.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds