Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How does it feel to fire someone?

No doubt, if I'm fired, I'll feel very bad to see myself being given a sack letter. I can't lie it hurts, one can take long time to recover from the shocker.

Advertisement Placeholder
Actually, nobody will be happy after labouring for a particular company or business only to be fired. Attimes the manager may not be able to help it but to take this decision. But it should only be done for the interest of the company or business and not out of hatred. That is my opinion.

It can be very emotional and sometimes it can mess up someone psychologically. because one might end up losing a friend or business and it might be difficult to find a replacement for such a person. And we are more than what we see physically. It's best to look out for other ways to exert the punishment.

Firing someone is definitely emotional. There might come a time when a manager might feel that the office is overstaffed and he might recieve orders to fire some members of the staff. This is the point when it is painful to fir someone especially those who are in need of a job.

it is a very difficult thing ,we all need to check because sometimes if you don't deal with them in a serious manner they can actually make our business to go down which will definitely affect me seriously, I need to take a very serious action if possible because it is my business.
Obviously it is difficult to come up to conclusion to fire someone. The reason should be very critical in order to take such an extreme step. But if it is unavoidable, then I think its better to end the matter at once.

There is nothing to feel there about firing an employee of yours. If his person has been a thorn in your flesh for sometime on your business, you have to let the person go
When someone has been a thorn in the flesh of your business, there is nothing wrong if you sack him to save your business. In that case you will feel relieved that your business is safe.

Actually, nobody will be happy after labouring for a particular company or business only to be fired. Attimes the manager may not be able to help it but to take this decision. But it should only be done for the interest of the company or business and not out of hatred. That is my opinion.
Your opinion is actually quite justified and I completely agree with you that someone should not be fired because of any personal grudges but because of the company or business's success.

I have never been in position to ban or sack someone,but I think sacking an employee is not the right option but discipline him for some of time.

Obviously it is difficult to come up to conclusion to fire someone. The reason should be very critical in order to take such an extreme step. But if it is unavoidable, then I think its better to end the matter at once.
One of the reason I can fire someone in my businessis dishonesty and this is the thing I hate so much and if care is not taken it can affect my business and bring it down, I cannot stand a chance to tolerate this in my business.

Firing someone sounds totally absurd despite the fact it depends on what the person,most especially the offense the person committed but I guess someone should be punished or disciplined for his wrong doing rather than firing him.

I did not feel bad about firing someone in my business because if I am firing someone I'm doing it for the safety of my business organisation, maybe these people are trying to destroy my business in one way or the other, I do not feel anything bad about it.

I did not feel bad about firing someone in my business because if I am firing someone I'm doing it for the safety of my business organisation, maybe these people are trying to destroy my business in one way or the other, I do not feel anything bad about it.
But sometimes there is a time when you have to think about the both side of the coin. If any people is not giving their 100% to the organisation, there might be something else just beside such mentality.

But sometimes there is a time when you have to think about the both side of the coin. If any people is not giving their 100% to the organisation, there might be something else just beside such mentality.
What do you think could be the reason ? for me personally I do not have all this time to be checking out on people if they have perform their duty or not, well in my business organisation I'll have a manager that take care of everything, what other thing could cause someone not to concentrate on their area of responsibility ?

When someone has been a thorn in the flesh of your business, there is nothing wrong if you sack him to save your business. In that case you will feel relieved that your business is safe.
Of course it will certainly be a big relief for you and your business establishment if such person has to be fired because you won't have to put up with the frequent losses you've incurring anymore

I've never fired anyone but I did have to report someone who was stealing from a company I worked for and it resulted in him being fired. I felt pretty bad about it but I think I did the right thing.

It is will feel very sad for one to be fire a person, that person will never be happy, before a business owner can fire a person the must do something wrong.
It doesn't feel alright when you fire someone in your organisation sometimes as a manager or the owner of the business you feel bad all throughout the day for carrying out such action but most times those actions are being carried out because you have no option.

I've never fired anyone but I did have to report someone who was stealing from a company I worked for and it resulted in him being fired. I felt pretty bad about it but I think I did the right thing.
Actually you made the person to lose his job, you might feel somehow guilty in doing so but that is the best thing to do as you might as well be saving your own job when then business go bankrupt as a result of his stealing that affected the business.

I've never been in a position to sack someone before, but when an employee really want to take life out of me as a boss,I don't think I have the mind to sack,I will rather ask another senior colleague to do the needful.
it is your business and sometimes if you think that you will not be able to sack someone then that means you are ready and you have willingly accept the person to spoil your business organisation, people that are being fired are not always good.

You shouldn't feel bad to report someone for stealing from your company that you work for because what you have done it's actually revealing this theft to the organisation and also saving the organisation from bankruptcy and by also saving your own life too which will definitely help the organisation to keep on fulfilling it's obligation to you and it's other staffs.

I do not feel anything bad about firing someone in my business organisation because the people I am firing are those people that are not ready to abide by the rules and regulation that governs my business, I don't feel any regret about it.

When the person us flouting business guidelines, not working according to plans, and not taking warnings seriously, you have nothing more to say just sack.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds