Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Handling Difficult Co-workers

I guess I have always been lucky when it comes to having co operative co workers I have not had any one who frustrated me with bad behavior what I have had was a co worker with bad odour, I wrote a letter to him, lol

Advertisement Placeholder
Every organisation seems to have that difficult and bad tempered co worker who wakes up everyday from the wrong side of the bed, working with such a colleague tends to be frustrating

Find below 5 tips on how to handle the situation effectively

1. Be calm, when tempers have risen, maintain your cool and never get angry.

2. Always be a step ahead emotionally, since you've known how your bad tempered co worker behaves , preempt his or her outbursts and this will make you handle the situation properly.

3. Limit interactions, only communicate when necessary.

4. Accept them the way they are, this way you'll never be surprised by their outbursts.

5. Report to your supervisor, if the situation becomes worse than you can handle or affects your work productivity/output you may have to report to a superior to handle for you.

Have you worked with a bad tempered co-worker?

Share your experience!
The ability to tolerate humans of various personality make up is a skill every one who works for someone or deals with humans as consumers should poses

handling difficult co worker
handling difficult co workers is the best bad things you will have in your. business,all you have to do is to keep to them and respect there opinion

I think it will be very good to call the attention of the authority when such coworker is misbehaving and stepping out of his or her boundary.

I think it will be very good to call the attention of the authority when such coworker is misbehaving and stepping out of his or her boundary.
That is the natural tendency to report or complain about a misbehaving co-worker. But you have to take note that some HR officer would take the complaint as a sign of weakness on your part. The bully is always there and you should know how to take care of it yourself.

You are talking more like a theoretical guy. It is the norm of the company that we should not indulge in hot talks with senior managers. But that does not mean who are sitting in the higher authority can do whatever they want with their subordinates.
The best way to handle a difficult coworker is to stay away from them or rather do things that will not make both of you clash with this you might be able to prevent him or her.

In this case, in any organization I find myself, I don't get too attached with anyone beyond the professional code of ethics and even when I have a conversation not related to the Profession, I tend to stay on the surface level of communication.

One definitely has to be calm with difficult co workers but they risk sacking or dismissal at the end of the day because they may make things difficult for your customers.
That is actually a good strategy to deal with co-worker that are very difficult to handle,it is good to always be calm in every situation.this shows that you are always on top of the situation,and one should try to be professional at all times,by avoiding unecessary discusions.

Wow! Thanks for this information. It will surely help people grow. I love the part which says avoid unnecessary talks only communicate when needed.

Every organisation seems to have that difficult and bad tempered co worker who wakes up everyday from the wrong side of the bed, working with such a colleague tends to be frustrating

2. Always be a step ahead emotionally, since you've known how your bad tempered co worker behaves , preempt his or her outbursts and this will make you handle the situation properly.

4. Accept them the way they are, this way you'll never be surprised by their outbursts.

5. Report to your supervisor, if the situation becomes worse than you can handle or affects your work productivity/output you may have to report to a superior to handle for you.

Share your experience!
Yes, they can make your life miserable if wisdom is not apply, but the most important thing is for you to be patient with them and some time avoid them

By difficult co workers I'd say the annoying ones who are set to frustrate you. It's easy either I quit or you quit. Or maybe get transferred

As long as i am the owner of the businesses it wont be difficult to handle any staff,all i need to is get close to him and know his weekness

Handling co-workers can be a really big headache. There are many co-workers who would bully you and this is one of the main reasons why I never liked offline jobs. When it comes to online job, you never need to face such kind of issues. This is why I love online jobs.

Share your experience!
Working with a bad co-workers is very stressful, you might go to work very happy only to come back with sad face because of your co-worker, I try to avoid them I love my peace

I am a freelancer and I do not have any co-worker and this is also one of the best things about my job. I do not need to deal with people who always try to annoy me. unfortunately, this is not the case with people who have a day job. :(

By difficult co workers I'd say the annoying ones who are set to frustrate you. It's easy either I quit or you quit. Or maybe get transferred
Haha, if you are the business owner then I think the best solution would be to fire the person, or in situations where the worker might be really good at what they do but they have a very nasty character, what would you do on ?

Its not easy working with someone who is bad tempered. I just try to keep my cool and avoid them as much as possible so as to keep away from problems.

Share your experience!
Thanks for the tips.
Yes. I have worked with a bad tempered co-worker.
He takes every word you throw at him very personal and takes most jokes as insults.
I try as much as possible to limit conversations with him!

Though some workers are very funny,but I just know it is best you let them know their limit and remain calm with them

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds