Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Handling Difficult Co-workers

The best way to handle a difficult co worker is to study each of your Co workers character and you use that to interact with them accordingly. With this method you will know who to interact with and who not to

Advertisement Placeholder
I have a little experience with working offline and thankfully I did not have to deal with difficult co-workers. I worked for one year as a store manager where I had just one helper and 17 days in a company with six staff.
I haven't really had any situation whereby I dealt with a difficult coworker because in all the time that I have worked I have connected myself and there was no time that anyone really had any issue with me and I didn't have any issue with anyone.

One very effective way that you can handle your co-worker is to always try to keep everything professional and avoid anything that is going to stay up any disagreements.

Some co-workers can be so annual sometimes. Upon completion of my service last year, I worked as a part-time teacher for some schools. The problem wasn't the boss but the co-worker. I never knew many people had similar complaints about her. She was so mean and barely content.
I had to quit.

Every organisation seems to have that difficult and bad tempered co worker who wakes up everyday from the wrong side of the bed, working with such a colleague tends to be frustrating

Find below 5 tips on how to handle the situation effectively

1. Be calm, when tempers have risen, maintain your cool and never get angry.

2. Always be a step ahead emotionally, since you've known how your bad tempered co worker behaves , preempt his or her outbursts and this will make you handle the situation properly.

3. Limit interactions, only communicate when necessary.

4. Accept them the way they are, this way you'll never be surprised by their outbursts.

5. Report to your supervisor, if the situation becomes worse than you can handle or affects your work productivity/output you may have to report to a superior to handle for you.

Have you worked with a bad tempered co-worker?

Share your experience!
I once had such experience it was quite frustrating but the way I handle it I try to avoid him the only time with talk is when it has to do with the work

Your number 3 point is the most effective way for me as I believe that this helps you to avoid getting in touch with toxic people as they would cause you trouble in workplace.

In every workplace, you will have difficult coworkers. Dealing with difficult coworkers, bosses, customers, clients, and friends is a skill worth perfecting. Dealing with difficult situations at work is challenging, yet rewarding, you can vastly improve your own work environment and moral when you increase your ability to deal with the people at work. You also make your workplace a better environment for all employees when you address the problems that a difficult coworker is causing for the team

This is a daily experience people have in their jobs. there are some co-workers that are very difficult to work with and they will be looking for fault even when you are doing a very good job.

There is no way you will not encounter difficult people along your way these tips are good to make use of. It is always important to let a higher authority be aware if you encounter any difficulty in your relation with people in the course of your duty.

One definitely has to be calm with difficult co workers but they risk sacking or dismissal at the end of the day because they may make things difficult for your customers.

In every organization there are individual variation and people of different perception so as an administrator or manager you have to develop interpersonal relationship between you and your workers so in every organization there are hot tempered people and managing them involve endurance and perseverance for the characteristics of manager is to be an understanding person

The fact is that as humans we are bound to be angry at one point in time and this goes a long way in affecting our attitude at such time especially in our work place. The best strategy is to work towards avoiding those workers that can cause us to be angry

Very simple and also very practicable ideas you've actually given here on handling a bad tempered coworker. The more less you interact with this persons, the more less the anger towards you would be

Every organisation seems to have that difficult and bad tempered co worker who wakes up everyday from the wrong side of the bed, working with such a colleague tends to be frustrating

Find below 5 tips on how to handle the situation effectively

1. Be calm, when tempers have risen, maintain your cool and never get angry.

2. Always be a step ahead emotionally, since you've known how your bad tempered co worker behaves , preempt his or her outbursts and this will make you handle the situation properly.

3. Limit interactions, only communicate when necessary.

4. Accept them the way they are, this way you'll never be surprised by their outbursts.

5. Report to your supervisor, if the situation becomes worse than you can handle or affects your work productivity/output you may have to report to a superior to handle for you.

Have you worked with a bad tempered co-worker?

Share your experience!
It's not a must that You must befriend everyone at the work place,keep things simple play your politics well and avoid toxic people and you will be alright

Yes, l have worked with a difficult colleague who was a step ahead of me in rank, infact l worked under her and she gave me tough time. She delegated all the work that was supposed to be done by us to me alone, it wasn't funny and l couldn't report her because l was on probation then.

Difficult co workers are definitely everywhere. The best thing you can do is yo maintain your own lane and place yourself in a position where you'll be highly respected. Not everyone will like you.

Yeah I think it's best to limit interaction and also know the way you talk and associate with them, so they won't start taking you for granted and you lose your respect

The best way to handle a difficult co worker is to study each of your Co workers character and you use that to interact with them accordingly. With this method you will know who to interact with and who not to
This is the simple truth, once you can study the character of your workers, knowing their strength and weakness, this would help you be able to understand them and work better with them.

It's quite very difficult to handle difficult co-workers but it is advisable to follow them with wisdom in order not to have problems at your workplace.

You need to play your office politics well if you intend to last long in such toxic environment, there's nothing I value as my peace of mind

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds