Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Handling Difficult Co-workers

Handling a bad colleague will be your worst experience. You have already mentioned the most important things but in addition,you also need to control your manner of conversation.

Advertisement Placeholder
Every organisation seems to have that difficult and bad tempered co worker who wakes up everyday from the wrong side of the bed, working with such a colleague tends to be frustrating

Find below 5 tips on how to handle the situation effectively

1. Be calm, when tempers have risen, maintain your cool and never get angry.

2. Always be a step ahead emotionally, since you've known how your bad tempered co worker behaves , preempt his or her outbursts and this will make you handle the situation properly.

3. Limit interactions, only communicate when necessary.

4. Accept them the way they are, this way you'll never be surprised by their outbursts.

5. Report to your supervisor, if the situation becomes worse than you can handle or affects your work productivity/output you may have to report to a superior to handle for you.

Have you worked with a bad tempered co-worker?

Share your experience!
Personally the way I handle some coworker is trying much as I can to mind my own business and do what I'm supposed to do when I am supposed to do and leave the office and come back tomorrow and repeat the whole thing.

Dealing with such kind of annoying co-workers can be a really difficult job, especially when your co-workers are cunning. They tend to make you appear inferior and in many cases, they would blame you and make you look bad in front of boss.

Human being are actually very difficult to handle and also they actually need to be understood very well and so to avoid annoying co workers you just have to flow with them the way they flow with you

It is not always the most that you will be friendly with all the people that you work with but there will always be mutual respect and understanding for the work to go without any complications.
If it is a coworker I have to manage but if he is a Manager or an employee I can't manage such people in my life.. it will needs some understand to know the effect of how bad behavior can hinders the development as business organization.

This is something I've come to learn while working with a group of people in a organization recently. Even though I was opportuned to serve in a leadership position, I came to realise that when having issues or trying to resolve conflicts, always ensure your aim is to make peace.

If it is a coworker I have to manage but if he is a Manager or an employee I can't manage such people in my life.. it will needs some understand to know the effect of how bad behavior can hinders the development as business organization.
The only whether you can be able to manage a difficult manager at your workplace is to just do what you supposed to do when you are supposed to do with and answer him or her yes sir or yes ma'am whenever they enquire about something.

The only way i try to handle co-workers who are just a handful is to ignore them.
i try as much as possible not to communicate much with them, as too much familiarity with them may breed chaos.
It is best to avoid such people to avoid problems.
Absolutely.
It is best to avoid them.
Most of them dislike being corrected or advised and may even take it uo against you.

You're right on what you have said, there is no need to banter words with such a person, all you need is silence as sometimes it speaks louder and also more effective than using words.

The only whether you can be able to manage a difficult manager at your workplace is to just do what you supposed to do when you are supposed to do with and answer him or her yes sir or yes ma'am whenever they enquire about something.
Do you really think this is going to help because I understand most bad managers will always find something fault about you just for them to accuse you or to shout at you inappropriately, if you think this will really help then maybe a lot of people won't consider their manager to be bad.

Yeah, true. Self control is key. I have had an experience in work place, a fellow worker was always looking for trouble and everyone just stays away from him
Oh ok. That is one way of dealing with trouble makers, staying away and not giving them the attention they crave could work. In some cases it could all get frustrating and you just want to react.

You need to apply emotional intelligence in order to prevent problems from difficult coworker. Make sure you identify some of the things that brings you together do it on time before you move on to the next task.

How to handle difficult co workers...
learn to voice your thoughts.
get to know your perspective.
focus on your positive relationship.
talk to your supervisor.
accept their personality.
stay neutral at work.
limit your interactions.
be a better person.
Nice input, thanks for sharing.
I believe these steps can help one deal with difficult co-workers.
I usually prefer to stay neutral at work.

Do you really think this is going to help because I understand most bad managers will always find something fault about you just for them to accuse you or to shout at you inappropriately, if you think this will really help then maybe a lot of people won't consider their manager to be bad.
Personally I know that is something that is very difficult to handle but you don't really have a choice in this situation rather than to agree to whatever thing that person says and move on.

There is no way you will work with people without encountering difficult coworkers at some points in your work experience. To handle a difficult coworker, you must be respectful to all staff including the difficult ones. You should always be calm when dealing with them.

Always be calm when handling difficult co-worker's , always learn how to control your anger , don't let your emotions cloud your judgement when you are Making a decision.

If you're the owner of the job you just have to instill discipline in him or her, if he or she doesn't want to abide then he can either go on a suspension or get fired rather than manipulating others to follow same foot.

The manager or the owner of the company should should always know how to create the fear into the workers by giving out rules and regulation which will lead to suspension.
If you're the owner of the job you just have to instill discipline in him or her, if he or she doesn't want to abide then he can either go on a suspension or get fired rather than manipulating others to follow same foot.

You need to apply emotional intelligence in order to prevent problems from difficult coworker. Make sure you identify some of the things that brings you together do it on time before you move on to the next task.
Difficult co worker will always be difficult no matter the strategy you are employing to bring both of you together, for me if that is how he or she has been created I'll just let them be on their own without having anything to do with them because I Can't Withstand difficult and harsh people.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds