Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Handling Difficult Co-workers

You need to play your office politics well if you intend to last long in such toxic environment, there's nothing I value as my peace of mind
You may be right with politics because everywhere you go politics cannot be avoided. Playing along can make you comfortable and you can be spared from the subtle attacks on your person.

Advertisement Placeholder
Every organisation seems to have that difficult and bad tempered co worker who wakes up everyday from the wrong side of the bed, working with such a colleague tends to be frustrating

Find below 5 tips on how to handle the situation effectively

1. Be calm, when tempers have risen, maintain your cool and never get angry.

2. Always be a step ahead emotionally, since you've known how your bad tempered co worker behaves , preempt his or her outbursts and this will make you handle the situation properly.

3. Limit interactions, only communicate when necessary.

4. Accept them the way they are, this way you'll never be surprised by their outbursts.

5. Report to your supervisor, if the situation becomes worse than you can handle or affects your work productivity/output you may have to report to a superior to handle for you.

Have you worked with a bad tempered co-worker?

Share your experience!
Thanks for your advices here about handling difficult workers. I must have read this before because I have difficulty in handling my co workers in a job before I resigned because I can not take anymore the difficulty of my co workers.

Every organisation seems to have that difficult and bad tempered co worker who wakes up everyday from the wrong side of the bed, working with such a colleague tends to be frustrating

2. Always be a step ahead emotionally, since you've known how your bad tempered co worker behaves , preempt his or her outbursts and this will make you handle the situation properly.

4. Accept them the way they are, this way you'll never be surprised by their outbursts.

5. Report to your supervisor, if the situation becomes worse than you can handle or affects your work productivity/output you may have to report to a superior to handle for you.

Share your experience!
Yes, but the experience is not funny, this guy almost frastrate my life he was the supervisor in the hotel were I worked this guy is full of trouble, seeing you laugh is a problem there is nothing you will do that he will appreciate, what I do then is to avoid him

One of the most effective ways of handling different co-workers is to just talk to them and explain to them just how their attitude affect the way you work.

Effectively stated these really might function when handling challenging carbon monoxide employees, provide area for one therefore as certainly not to impact your very own power which consequently will have actually an impact on function

Really nice phycological tips you have given here my friend.but the one that stands out for Me is just accepting them the way they are.

Share your experience!
In every company,they must be a difficult and obedient workers. But in handling the difficult ones,one got to have a very strong hand in handling them.
[automerge]1631004024[/automerge]

Share your experience!
In every company,they must be a difficult and obedient workers. But in handling the difficult ones,one got to have a very strong hand in handling them.

You can consider trying to approach them so that you will be able to tell them exactly how their behaviour usually affect your line of work.

The simple trick is just self control cos no matter how much space u try to give no matter what strategy u try to use, the annoying ones will always come around

I used to endure the bad behavior of many annoying co-workers when I had an offline, 9-5 job at a company. I mostly used to ignore and suffer. Unfortunately, bullying is not only limited to school life, you may also get bullied at work by your boss or co-worker. The best thing to do is to leave such kind of job.

As long as the worker is performing or doing what he or she is supposed to do and it is beneficial to the company I don't have a problem with that,I will only limit my interactions with the person and discuss business alone

Handling difficult workers is actually much easier. To be honest, there are difficult co workers everywhere, it's left to one how you'll set your standards. You must set your standards amidst them

Inasmuch we all wish to have a smooth working relationship with those we're working with, it's always not possible, because some co-workers can be really annoying. In other to always stay a step ahead of them you need to keep your emotions out of your dealing with them.

Share your experience!
I learnt to simply limit interactions with my bad tempered co-workers. This will give less room for strife. Unfortunately, the person was my supervisor so I couldn't report to anyone.

You make a very good and interesting point as to say and I also believe always mind your business whenever you are at work place avoid much noise with people around you focus on the on the purpose of which you are been employed for.

Share your experience!
You can't determine or tell people you work with how to live their lives, express themselves or react to things. Many people are ignorant of the annoying things they do, most times things our Co workers see as nothing is disgusting to us. The best thing to do is to avoid issues while dealing with our Co workers, avoid engaging in gossips, politely tell them things they do that you don't like.

You make a very good and interesting point as to say and I also believe always mind your business whenever you are at work place avoid much noise with people around you focus on the on the purpose of which you are been employed for.
Limiting how you interacts and communicate with a difficult co-workers will reduce your level of interaction between you and the difficult co workers and always be calm when they start giving you problem

Share your experience!
I have worked with one before but thank God I could go ahead of him because he is not understanding and ist always gives problems to us while working and the superior always back him up because they are from the same village but I skip through at the end.

Share your experience!
Some co-workers can make your life miserable no matter how you try to be reasonable with them they will still what to cause you pain, I think the best thing to do is to avoid them

Limiting how you interacts and communicate with a difficult co-workers will reduce your level of interaction between you and the difficult co workers and always be calm when they start giving you problem
True, when you limit your communication with such persons, you would be blinded from see the things they always do to make you angry, hence you would get peace of mind on your side as well, giving you enough time to be calm when dealing with them later on.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds