Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Handling an Incompetent employee

Human beings are actually very very difficult to handle and also they need to be carefully studied and even upon that they still do change constantly so one can never know

Advertisement Placeholder
Why should I bother with incompetent employee. A lot of qualified and competent people are job less, I will hire a better worker by firing incompetent staff.

I believe that such worker will have nothing to offer to your dad's company so I would advise that you lay him off after several correction. Before taking the step of laying him off try to make him understand the danger he is likely to bring to the company, then if there are no changes then make a cut in his payment, if there are still no changes then you can lay him off.
The thing is what if the incompetent staff is your most important staff. Try understanding this person. Then if he doesn't change go ahead and cut him off

The best thing to do is this case is for your father to call him or her personally to know the reason why he or she has decided to deviate from his/her initial way of doing things. And morealso, give him/her some test to pass, if failed then sacking him or her will be the best thing to do and get a replacement for the position.

Incompetence should not be condoned in your business if you really care about the progress. This is the reason why it is very important to allow those who want to work in your business to undergo a series of interview in order to discover those who are competent from the rest.

It's dependent on your dad or the employer of labour in that establishment. You can either fire the individual if you're sure you'll get a replacement or demote the person to his former role.
Alternatively, you can place the person on probation or suspension while making him realise why so when he returns, he'll give his best.

The thing is what if the incompetent staff is your most important staff. Try understanding this person. Then if he doesn't change go ahead and cut him off
A worker should not try to use his importance to the business organization as a leverage for acts of insurbordination or indiscipline. If he is at fault, he should be disciplined accordingly.

I don't think there is a better way to handle an incompetent than sacking the person and employing people that are up to the task... You don't have to pay for what does not suit your taste...not cool at all.... Call the person... Point out the employee fault... Take time and teach such person... Pardon for some months and if that person refuse not to be incompetent.... Make a replacement with a competent person.

A better choice would be to give such kind of person a job which he can do. You may never need to replace the person, but replace the kind of job assigned to that particular person.

Incompetent employees are very bad for a business especially when they are in a high position and they feel they cannot be queried. The best thing to do to such employees is to report them to higher authorities who can call them to order.

The way to deal with an incompetent employee is to, address the situation as soon as possible, re-evaluate the job fit, offer support, keep your cool, lead by example, keep an eye on the situation, when it's time, let him go.

That's exactly the point. I don't see a reason for keeping a incompetent employee. But before I fire them I will give them a second chance but if they still fail I then fire them. If it were you how will you react?
If it's very obvious that the incompetent staff is not really ready to work for you then I don't really see the reason why you should be giving him or her a second chance because there are so many people that are very eager out there to work and make money for themselves.

There are so many ways to handle an incompetent employee in the workplace. The following are my own suggested ways of handling such employees:
1. On the-job-training. I mean such employee should not be fired, but rather be given task umpteenth times alongside a supervisor.This recurrent task will lead to specialization.
2. Training the employees: Some employers do not understand that committed and dedicated staff are their assets. When you see a staff that is dedicated and committed to the organization and displays some level of incompetency, do not fire such staff, rather send him for seminars and courses to empower him with the prerequisite skills and knowledge on the job. When he is back, he simply adds value to the organization.
You are right.
Trainings help a lot, but a situation where the employee proves incompetent despite all...I think the job should be relieved of him or her.

You are right.
Trainings help a lot, but a situation where the employee proves incompetent despite all...I think the job should be relieved of him or her.
There are some people who are just outrightly lazy when it comes to work so such kind of people cannot really adjust when it comes to training because they are not good for anything.

If it's very obvious that the incompetent staff is not really ready to work for you then I don't really see the reason why you should be giving him or her a second chance because there are so many people that are very eager out there to work and make money for themselves.
That's true but do you think by giving him or her a second chance might help them realize their mistakes. What you opinion on this?

You yourself already said he or she is incompetent meaning that you must have tested his or her working potentials and such person failed severally. If that's the case then why keep a liability? I guess the best thing is to do away with such employee

It very easy to handle an incompetent employee. The best way to handle such employee is to lay the employee off if you don't want him to influence the hardworking once.

That's true but do you think by giving him or her a second chance might help them realize their mistakes. What you opinion on this?
Seriously I believe that there is no reason for you to keep a staff that is not willing to work for you because in the end he or she will always work against you and bring your business to destruction.

Seriously I believe that there is no reason for you to keep a staff that is not willing to work for you because in the end he or she will always work against you and bring your business to destruction.
That's the exactly the point. There's no reason to keep what's going to lead you to destruction.the best thing to do is to fire such people immidiately.

How did he pass the interview stage if he's truly incompetent? The fact is that no one is incompetent, he may not be assinged to where he can be utilizing his energy maximally. I will want your father to change his position first to study his new performance before concluding.

Handling an incompetent employee does not mean business will fall. The only arrangements and position of incompetent employee will be done. The training of employees make incompetent employee to regains competency.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds